Status: Sit back and relax lads and lassies ;)

The Trials Of Friendship

chapter 2

Paul was right, the house was huge, much to George's enjoyment.

"It's just like a castle!" He grinned, as he ran over to the large double front doors. He reached up and pulled on the handle, huffing to find it locked. "Paulie! It's locked!"

"Yes George, as it should be". He said, helping the other two with all the bags.

"Yeah and maybe while you wait, you could help us Georgie?" John suggested lightly, as he placed down a large purple suitcase. "You know, just to be kind and all that". Ringo smirked from beside him and walked behind Paul, who was taking out an old set of keys.

"Alright fine". George sighed, trailing back from the door and taking the handle of his suitcase, trialing it along behind the other three.

"Think it's this one". Paul placed a large key into the door and turned it, releived when the lock clicked and the door opened.

"Wow...".

"White marbel?"

"It's like something from a Disney movie!"

"Execept some dust".

The band walked into the most beautiful and big hall way they had ever seen and they had seen there fair share of grant entrances. The walls and floor were white marble, with a wide matching staircase leading up the stairs. There was at least six doors at the side of the walls, leading to god only knows what rooms but they had a lot of time to explore and get used to this place.

"Jesus...You sure your uncles not the king mate?" John asked, half serious.

"No mate, he's just loaded". Paul laughed, "alright, there's six bedrooms up the stairs and to our left is the main room and kitchen".

"Where should we go first?" Ringo asked with a small laugh, "God, hope I don't get lost".

"We'll pick rooms first, yeah?" John suggested, as he re-took his suitcase. "Then we'll 'ave some lunch me thinks".

"Good plan".

"You've gone quiet George, you a bit shocked?" Paul asked, nudging the youngers arm lightly.

"Huh? No...I mean yeah, it's real big". He said, coming out of his own little world as he followed the others up the stairs.

The four rooms they had picked out (one each), were all equally big with double four posted beds with curtians round the sides, they had their own bathroom and a large wordrobe almost like a walk in closet. They were pretty bright rooms, mainly yellow and white and they eached looked out onto the beautiful, big back garden.

In the middle of the four rooms was George's and he was somehow drawn to this room. It was much like the others only in his, a large picture occupied the left side of the wall. It was a painting of a little boy and girl, facing away from a large window with hands which looked to be knocking on the glass. George didn't know why but a small shiver ran down his spine when he saw this picture and somethg and a strange feeling overcame him at first glance, almost a sickening feeling.

"George".

"Ah!" The youngest screamed, quickly turning around to see John smirking.

"Sorry junior, didn't mean to scare you".

"It's fine". He said softly, as he placed his suitcase on the bed. "Nice rooms, eh?"

"Aw yeah very". John commented, "nice picture". He said, pointing to the painting on George's wall.

"I like it too".

"I was being sarcastic...What the bleeding hell is that?" John said, sounding a little disgusted.

"I don't know but...It's art so, could be anything?" George suggsested lamely.

"Anyway, hungry for lunch?"

After some lunch, in a very grand kitchen the Beatles decided to do some exploring around the house.

"We should start from the bottom up".

"Good idea Paul, we need to get used to this place afterall". John said, following the bassits out of the kitchen and into the entrance. "What's this door?"

"I dunno, open it". Paul encouraged, as Ringo and George watched John eagerly open the door but only to be dissappointed. "Just a toilet".

"Who knows, maybe we'll come across a dungeon soon". John said with a grin, tickling George's side.

"Hey! I'm not even scared of a stupid dungeon". He pouted angrly, as he crossed his arms over his chest in annoyance.

"Sorry junior, I'm only teasing". John appologized kindly, placing a hand on the guitarists shoulder.

"Come on, let's explore the rest of the house".

So far from downstairs they had seen two bathrooms, a large dinning room, another living room and a large study but there was one more door to go through. The door looked darker and older than the other five and the boys didn't remember seeing metal stripes going along the other doors.

"Maybe this is a dungeon". John whispered as Ringo grasped the door knob and slowly opened it. The band were only met by darkness, and a cold wift of air that seemed to come from inside the room.

"I don't like it". Paul said quietly, stepping away from the door. "Maybe we should just leave it".

"Come on Macca, don't pussy out now". John encouraged, as he reached in his pocked for some matches. "Grab that candle Richie".

"Here". Ringo past his friend the large, white candle. John lit the tip and walked a little inside the room, where he could see more clearly. The walls were just a grey brick, and below was matching grey stone. It smelt damp and musky, John figured it was probably a basement. But as he looked more closely, he could see the walls narrowing in and it stretching all the way back.

"Lads...I think it's a tunnel or something".

"Really? I don't remember Uncle mentioning a tunnel". Paul said confused, as he stood beside John.

"It might lead to the garden".

"Yeah, some older houses to do".

"Pretty neat, eh?" John grinned, "but I'm in no mood to explore a bleeding tunnel tonight".

"Me neither".

"I second that". Ringo piped in, who was standing far away from the door. "Let's just play a game or something".

"What? Like cludo?" John sniggered, as he got out of the tunnel and shut the door behind him.

"Very funny John".

"Nah it's a good idea...Let's just kill one of us off and search for who did it".

"You've lost it...This house has done something to you mate". Paul laughed, slapping his friends back. "Come on, let's just head into the main room. Uncle might have a board game or something".

By the time dinner was over with and the clock struck ten, the Beatles were tired. Exhausted from the days events and hours travelling, they decided to have an early night and wake up fresh the next day. But for George Harrison, sleep wasn't coming easy for him. His window was ratteling outside from the wind, it sounding like someone was knocking on the glass and it was scarying him a little. Grabbing the blanket, he pulled it up to his chest and swollowed tickly.

"This house is scary". He whispered to himself, as he looked around the dark room, half expected to see a shadow standing in the corner. "Why did I agree to come here". He complained to the empty room. He sighed sadly and tried closing his eyes again, only to have them snap back open when their was a knock on the window again, not sounding like the wind had done it at all. George sat up with a loud scream, sick of hearing these noises and sick of how dark the room was. He needed another person in the room with him and he didn't care how babyish this was. "John! John! John!" He screamed and not five seconds later, a very worried John Lennon entered the room.

"George! What's going on? Are you ok?!" He exclaimed, panicked as he turned on the main light. They both squinted into the newly lit room and once there eyes were adjusted, John sighed in releif, a mass murderer wasn't in the room. "Alright there junior?"

"Um...". George suddenly blushed, now that John was actually here he felt better but embarrassed for needing him. "It's just...Well...".

"You scared junior?" John asked softly, as he walked over to his frightened friend and sat on the edge of the bed. "Nothing to be scared about, it's just a little bigger than your room back home".

"I know but I kept on hearing these noises outside! Like someone was knocking!" He exclaimed, eyes growing wide.

"Easy junior...Nothing's 'ere alright? It was probably just the wind or something". George sighed and leaned back onto the pillows, pulling the covers back over his small body. "But if it makes you feel better, then I can stay with you?" John suggested softly, not like he really wanted to but he didn't want his baby brother scared and alone.

"Really?" He asked hopefully, the older nodded.

"Of course". John got off the bed and turned off the light before getting in beside his smaller friend.

"Thanks Johnny". George said softly through a yawn, his eyes suddenly becoming heavy as sleep threatened to take over shortly.

"Anything for my kid brother junior". John planted a small kiss on the top of George's bed before snuggling down and falling into a peacefull sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh...Some brotherly love :D