Status: Sit back and relax lads and lassies ;)

The Trials Of Friendship

Chapter 3

The sun was set high in the sky the next morning, shinning down onto the bed and waking John up from his sleep. He felt well rested and probably had the best sleep he'd had in a while. Slowly he opened his eyes and looked to his right, George was still in dreamland. The older smiled and pulled the covers back from his body, feeling a little too warm with the extra body beside him. There was a soft knock as the door opened, revealing Ringo and Paul.

"What you doing here?" The drummer whispered, seeing as the youngest was still asleep.

"He was scared, so I slept beside him". John answered, as he carefully got out of the bed.

"Was he ok?" Paul asked concerned, frowning towards the sleeping guitarist.

"Yeah, the wind scared him is all".

"Wind?"

"Yeah, it was rattling his windows or something". Ringo glanced at Paul, who then glanced back at John. "What?"

"John, there was no wind last night". Paul answered with a shake of his head. "In fact, it was really still".

"Then it must have been a bird or something Macca". John said with a sigh, "or his mind playing tricks on him".

"Probably just his mind mate, from him being in a new place and all". Ringo offered, "hungry?"

"Starving, what's for breaky?"

"Uncle left us loads of food, so anything you want really".

"French toast then?"

"Of course!"

"We're 'aving French toast!" George suddenly exclaimed from the bed, his mouth watering already as he flew off the bed but unfortunatly missed his footing and fell on his bum.

"Ouch! You alright junior?" John asked, helping him back up.

"Yeah fine". He giggled, as Paul laughed.

"Aw Georgie! Your so clumsy in the morning". George just grinned and skipping past the bassist, begining the walk downstairs.

After breakfast and a very messy aftermath, the boys decided to go outside since it was such a beautiful morning. The back garden was amazing as well, it even had it's own pond and woods at the side.

"Should have brought my fishing gear". Ringo said, when he noticed the pond. "Shame, looks like there could have been a good catch".

"My uncle has some you can borrow".

"Really? That would be fab mate". The drummer said happily, Paul just nodded with a smile.

"Where does that lead?" George asked, pointing towards a path in the woods.

"I think it leads to either the shed or a bunker".

"Like a secret bunker?"

"Something like that". Paul muttered, thinking back on his childhood but not really remembering well what that path led too.

"Cool!" George yelled excitedly, eyes growing wide with adventure. "Can we go then? Please?!"

"Of course junior". John laughed but he was just happy the kid was finally having fun and not getting scared like last night.

The forest was pretty big for being in someones back garden. The trees were thick and tall, branches full of healthy green leaves with birds nests set up high. It was simply bliss for The Beatles, they weren't used to a place being so quiet and pretty. No, the Beatles were used to cities, screaming fans and crowded and enclosed buildings.

"This is just what we needed...Paul, thank your Uncle for this". Ringo said, as he breathed the fresh air in deeply.

"I will Ring's". Paul said, with that same dreamy look on his face he got after a good nights sleep, or an afternoon nap.

"I'm just glad we can all relaxed and enjoy ourselves". John put in, "I mean, have you ever seen Geo this excited before?" He asked as he pointed towards George who was further ahead, using a stick as a walking device.

"I haven't since we were fourtheen but he had to grow up fast". Said Paul, with a slight sad expression on his face.

"Yeah but look at him now Macca, the kid thinks he's a wizard!" Ringo laughed at John's comment.

"He actually does, I wonder if he thinks that sticks a bleeding staff".

"I think he does Ring's". Paul grinned.

Being in the front was fun for George. Because he was the youngest in the band, he was often always at the back so getting the chance to be up front was a great oppertunity for the kid and with his staff in hand, he was going places. Also, George was the first person to spot a small brick building with a dark wooden door, just a few feet away.

"I found it! I found it!" He yelled to the others, not even turning around to see how far behind they were, he just really wanted to explore. Once George reached the door, he dropped his "staff" and clutched onto the door knob but it wouldn't open. "Aw! Come on!" He urged the door but no such luck, it was locked.

"What's wrong?" Paul asked, coming up beside him.

"It's locked Paulie".

"Hang on". The bassists reached into his jeans pocket and brought out the keys, "one of these might work, you want to try?"

"Yeah". George grinned, as he took the keys and tried each one out into the lock until he finally got a fit. "Yus!" He exclaimed as he unlocked the door.

It was just a shed. Tools was all that occupied this small building, tools mainly used for gardening and fixing up the house. George was a little dissappointed, he was expecting to see something a little more interesting like old photos or something spooky.

"Nothing much in 'ere like". Ringo said, trying not to touch anything. It was really damp and smelly in the small shed and the drummer wasn't wanting to get sick from this place. "Just tools and that-"

"hey, what's this". George's eyes spotted something in the back of the shed.

"No idea junior, why not have a look". John urged, watching the youngest carefully as he wondered over to the back of the room. Once he was close enough he could see it was a teddy. a brown bear with one eye and arm missing. He picked up the old bear and noticed it was a little wet and had seen better days.

"It's a teddy".

"Cute, only it's missing a limb and an eye". Paul pointed out, making George smile a little.

"I'm gonna bring him back".

"Why?" Ringo asked, not really wanting that dirty thing in the house.

"We'll wash it Ring's". John assurred, sensing the drummers anxiety about the possbility of germs on that bear. George nodded and smiled again, holding onto the bear tight. "Let's head back for some lunch?"

"Sure thing mate, I'm pretty hungry and it looks as though it could rain". Paul said, as he noticed a nasty patch of grey clouds coming closer.

"Right, let's get going then!" John said, ushering George out of the shed. "He got a name junior?" He asked, referring to the bear.

"Um...I'll call him...Hugo". He decided, not even thinking much about a name.

"Hugo?"

"First name that popped into me head". George answered with a shrug, glancing down at the old bear.

"Weird name". John muttered curiously, as they all followed the path back towards the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love writing George, he's so cute!