Status: Sit back and relax lads and lassies ;)

The Trials Of Friendship

Chapter 4

"Hey, kid. Wake up, come on kid. Wake up!"

"Huh? Whose there?" George grumbled, as he rubbed his eyes with his fists. "What time is it? What's going on 'ere?"

"Kid, we've got to get out. Come on!" A voice urged, one George didn't recognise. Still, he did as the voice told him too and opened his eyes, only to be met by very strange black shiney ones.

"Who are you?" George asked confused, as he reached for the lamp.

"No! Don't!" A very furry paw reached out and swatted George's hand away from the lamp, the kid gasped and pulled back. "They'll see us". The guy, or whatever he was, whispered.

"Who will? And you didn't answer my first quiestion either".

"It doesn't matter who I am kid, all that matters is that I keep you safe".

"Keep me safe from what?" Suddenly, there was a small tap at the window. "From that?" George whispered, sounding scared as the tap soon turned into a loud knock, sounding strong enough to break the glass. "Who is that?! I heard the same noise last night but my friends said it were only the wind!" George asked with wide eyes, as the thing soon moved closer to George.

"There trying to take you away kid but if you listen closely to me then I'll protect you".

"But who are they?" He asked, sounding frustrated at not getting a straight answer from this strange creature.

"Well their known as many things kid...Demons mostly and -"

"demons?!" George yelled, terrified as he dove under the covers.

"Kid! For the love of - Look, your no safer under there than you are out here!" He said, irritated as he pulled back the covers.

"Oi!" George yelled, trying to pull the covers back over him but the creature was too strong and managed to put the covers onto the floor. "Great, now I'm exposed".

"You already were George".

"Hang on...How do you know my name?"

"Well, your friends call you George. And I've heard a few nicknames but I figured I should call you George". He said knowingly.

"So like...You know my friends?"

"Kind of".

"Are you friends with them?" He shook his head, George frowned. Very carefully, he reached over and quickly turned on the lamp, only to get the shock of his life. "Hugo?!" He exclaimed, starting to think he was going crazy at seeing this teddy talk. "Aw jeez, I've really lost it".

"You haven't....And you shouldn't have done that". Hugo pointed out, as he turned off the lamp with his little paws.

"Why?" Just as Hugo was about to give an answer, the door suddenly burst open and a large gust of wind blew over George and the teddy. Not knowing what else to do, George grabbed onto Hugo and held him tight, preparing for the worst.

"George...George, wake up".

"Ah!" He screamed, sitting up with wide eyes and sweat covering his forehead.

"Easy there...Are you alright?" Turning to his side, he could see it was only Ringo and he had never felt more releived to see the drummers face before. George wrapped his small arms around Ringo's stomach and burried his face into his chest, shaking. "Hey...It's alright Georgie, yer safe". He soothed as he rubbed the small guitarists back. "Did you 'ave a bad dream?" He asked him gently, George nodded.

"Hugo came to life and he was warning me bout something". He asnwered, voice trembling as he swollowed the lump that was lodged in his throat. "Then the door flew open and it was real windy Ritchie!"

"Aw buddy, it was only a dream". Ringo soothed, planting a kiss on the top of George's hair. "Plus, Johnn'y's 'ere and no one gets past Johnny". George smiled a little and pulled back, feeling better now and he knew it was only a dream. Teddy's didn't come to life and he was perfectly safe in this house with his best friends. "There we go that's better". Ringo smiled, "come on, breakies on the table".

"Yummy!"

The rain thrashed down heavily against the windows and a very powerfull winf rattled each window and knocked on every door. The weather was rubbish and it left George and Paul very, very boared.

"How about we play monopoly?"

"No!" They all yelled to John's question because not only did he take that game very seriously but he always won.

"Alright then...No need to take me head off".

"How about hide and seek?" George suggested quietly, thinking the house was big enough and it could be a fun game.

"Eh...How old are ye Geo?" Paul asked with a smirked, but John seemed to be into this idea.

"Love it! 'Ere, I'll even go it first".

"Really?" Paul asked, with a surprised look. "You want to play this game?"

"Why not? House is big enough". Ringo piped in as he quickly ran out of the living room, "come on then!" George squealed like a little school girl, as he ran out and headed up the stairs with Paul sighing and walking slowly behind him.

"Where you hiding Geo?"

"Um...In there!" He exclaimed, pointing to a closet.

"Alright well, I'll just go in the hall. Might get meself into one of those knight suits".

"58...59...60! 'Ere I come! Ready or not!" John yelled, his voice echoing in the quiet house as he he left the living room.

He spent as least two minutes downstairs, quickly checking each room before he walked into the study and saw a large lump under the rug. John sniggered a little and wondered over, is feet just inches in front of the body.

"God...This rug is a flaming mess! I need to flatten it a little I think, I'll sort it out!" He then placed his foot lightly onto the rug and began to pad the body down. "It just wont go down!" He yelled with a smirked, as he hit the body harder.

"Oi! Alright Lennon! Alright!" Ringo yelled, as he ran out from under the rug and dusted himself off. "Jesus John! Didn't need to hit me so hard!" John just laughed and slapped the drummer on the back.

"Sorry mate but you did pick the worlds worst hiding spot".

"Yeah, yeah". He grumbled, "let's just find the others".

George was sure he had picked the best hiding spot. The closet went on for ages, it was so big and full of thick winter coats as well reminding him of The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe. He was all the way at the back, feeling the firm wood press against his bony spine as he quietly waited to be found by John.

"Ah! Found ye Macca! Behind the curtains though?"

"I wasn't into this game!"

George giggled quietly, placing a hand over his mouth so they couldn't hear him.

"Just need to find Georgie now". He heard Ringo,

"kids so tiny he could be anywhere". Paul said, soon after. George was really excited now, he had won! But the celebration didn't last long though, once he felt a pair of hands reach around his waist and pull him backwards.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hugo!