Status: Completed!

Swings- One Shot

Chapter 1/1

"Jack no you'll get stuck!" I giggle.

Jack and I are at the park, it's 11pm on a friday night, the night after the last day of 11th grade, celebrating with stolen whiskey.

"I won't!" He says as he jumps into it and inserts his legs into the holes.

We pass the bottle back and forth as he swings.

"You're stuck aren't you?"

"No! I can get out whenever I want."

"Really? Then come get me!" I grab the bottle out of his hand and run up to the top of the playground.

"Hey!" He laughs. He starts to struggle, trying to wiggle his way out and his smile drops.

"Uh-oh" He says, struggling more.

"Is someone stuck," I call down to him.

"Yes, can you come help me?" He asks.

"I don't know, I did warn you. Do you deserve my help?" Sliding down the firemans pole and walking over to him.

"Yes, please Y/N I'm stuck!!" He whines.

"I don't know, you were pretty mean to me at lunch today, and on our last day of school, I thought I was your best friend Jack!" I take a big swig out of the bottle in my hand.

At lunch today, Jack and his friends Alex, Zack, and Rian were all teasing me about having a crush on Jack, they aren't wrong, but I hadn't told a soul. Jack and I have been friends our whole lives, our moms met when taking us to baby swim classes when Jack's family first moved here, they clicked and we've been together since.

I have no siblings and after my parents divorced and my dad moved away I started to spend more and more time at Jack's house. His parents and brother and sister were always so nice to me, made me feel safe and happy.

"You are my best friend Y/N! You know they were just teasing, I know you don't really have a crush on me," He sounds sad when he says that, looking away from my gaze.

"Come on, I'll help you out," I take another gulp put the bottle down and stagger over to him, "Try to stand on the seat I'll pull from the top," I instruct him.

He wiggles around and manages one leg out as I lift him from the shoulders, he gets the other out and then he slips and falls backwards out of the swing, landing with a thud on his head.

"Oh my god!! Jack are you okay!" I rush to his side and push the hair out of his face.

"Ow, my head," He groans, lifting a hand to the back of his head and rubbing it.

"Jesus christ you scared me!" I say finally letting out the breathe I didn't realize I was holding.

"Sorry, next time I won't accidentally hurt myself," He groans, rolling onto his back.

I lay down beside him and we stare at the stars for a while.

"Y/N?" Jack says facing me, I look at him and he takes my hand in his.

"Jack what, are you okay?" I ask searching his face for aditional signs of pain.

"Yeah, 'm fine," He says releasing my hand and looking away, I feel awkward and sit up again.

We sit in silence, I can feel his stare burning hot on the back of my head and finally turn to him.

"Oh! Jack! Your nose is bleeding!" I point to his face where his nose has started to bleed, he moves to put his hand up to his nose but I slap his hand away and grab a pack of tissues from my bag.

I straddle his chest and blot at the blood while he lays beneath me. The bleeding stops pretty quickly.

"There!" I announce to the empty playground.

I realize the awkward position I've got us in. Blushing I move to get off but he holds my hips in place.

"J-Jack?" I stutter confused.

He jerks me down against him and presses his lips to mine in a soft warm (slightly bloody) kiss.

"I-I," I stammer as he pulls away.

"Y/N, I like you," He says.

"I like you too Jack."

"Be my girlfriend?"

"Of course!" I hug him tight.

"You know at lunch, I was just teasing you because I was too nervous to tell you I liked you," He whispers.

"You're such an idiot Jack."
♠ ♠ ♠
This was my first one shot, please tell me what you think!