Status: **WARNING** cursing is involved in this story A LOT.

My Only Retreat

I hope you're home

"Justin it should've been me not you." I sobbed, looking at an old picture of me and him. "It should be me that's dead. Not you. You had so much more to live for. I have nothing." I've had enough. I cant take it anymore. I grabbed my earbuds and razorblade and I headed out to our old tree house. I really hope Tony's home because I really don't wanna hurt myself anymore.
"H-hello?" A tired voice answers.
"Tony?" I ask, sobbing.
"No, this is Jaime, Tony is asleep. Who is this?" He asks.
"I'm Tony's friend. My name is Katelynn. Can you please wake up Tony? I need to talk to him." I say. Hot tears still streaming down my face.
"He doesn't like being woken up." Jaime says.
"I don't care! I already know that. I grew up with him. I need to talk to my best friend. Please Jaime." I plead.
"Who are you talking to Jaime." Another sleepy voice asks.
"TONY!" I sob, hoping he'll hear me.
"Is that Katelynn?" He asks.
"Yeah, your phone kept ringing and it was bugging me so I answered it." Jaime says, handing the phone to Tony.
"Katelynn?" Tony says.
"Tony I cant stay here anymore! I don't wanna be on this earth anymore!" I sobbed.
"Kat don't talk like that please. There are people in this world who love you. I promise." Tony says.
"No there aren't Tony! People don't care about me! Even people who don't even know me hate me!" I yell.
"Katelynn you know I care about you. You know I don't hate you. You're like a sister to me and if I lost you I'd go crazy. I don't know what I'd do without you Kat. Without you I wouldn't be here because you helped me through my depression. There's no one who could ever replace you if I lost you." Tony replies.
"But that's you Tony. Nobody else but you cares about me." I shot back.
"Vic cares about you and he doesn't know you as well as I do. Mike doesn't even know who you are but he cares about you. Jaime didn't even know your name until today and even he cares about you." Tony says.
"That doesn't make up for the fact that my parents don't care about me and they abuse me until I'm almost dead!" I gasp, trying to hold back more tears. "It doesn't make up for the fact that I get bullied everyday regardless of if I'm in school or not." I finally let go and more tears fall from my face.
"If I could make it stop I wouldn't hesitate Kat. If I could change the world I would, but I cant Katelynn. No one can. Its just the way life is. I can promise you that things will get better. Time will heal unsealed wounds." I can hear the smile that Tony has on his face.
"Its been 10 fucking years Tony! 10 years since Justin died. They still blame me for his death. It wasn't my fault! It wasn't my fault." My voice fades to a whisper.
"I believe you Kat. I believe you. Your parents are assholes for blaming something on you that clearly was their fault not yours. I have no idea why your parents hate you and I know you don't either. Hell, if you wanted to come with us to get away from them I would do anything and everything to make that happen because you deserve better." Tony whispers.
"I miss Justin, Tony. I wish he was still here. It should have been me that died in the crash. Not him. I miss him." I sob.
"I miss him too Katelynn. You two are my best friends. I'd do anything to bring him back because I miss him just as much as you do." Tony says in a comforting voice.
"I just wish that everything would go back to the way it was before the crash." I whispered.
"The past is gone Kat. What's done is done. Pick your head up princess, your tiara is falling." Tony laughs.
I smile a bit and sigh. "I'm guessing that you're not home."
"No. We're at Vic and Mike's. I promise I'll come see you tomorrow. Sound okay?" Tony asks yawning.
"Sounds good. Oh and by the way Tony, I miss you." I say.
"I miss you too Kitty-Kat." Tony laughs.
"See you tomorrow Turtle." I giggle and the line goes dead.
I quickly text Tony while he is still awake.
To: Turtle :)
From: Kitty-Kat <3
Good night Turtle <3 Sweet dreams. Oh and by the way...
Don't miss me too much ;)

Not even three minutes after I sent the text I get one back.
To: Kitty-Kat <3
From: Turtle :)
No promises Kat. :) Please don't hurt yourself tonight.
I love you <3

I smile and climb back to my room.
"Where have you been Katelynn?" My father's voice rings in my ears.
I slowly turn around to see my drunken dad in the doorway to my room. "I was in the tree house." I answer.
"Why were you out there?" He slurs, stumbling towards me.
"Because I can. Its not like you should care anyway asshole." I snap.
"Now, now Katelynn. Don't be feisty. You know that the crash was your fault. Justin died because of you. If you wouldn't of been so selfish that wouldn't of happened." He laughs.
"Son of a bitch." I mumble, redialing Tony's number knowing what's about to happen.
"What did you just call me?" My dad yelled, slapping me across the face.
"I called you a son of a bitch. You deserve it." I say rubbing my cheek.
"Ka-" I hear Tony say before stopping mid sentence because he knows what is going on.
"You little whore!" Dad yells, knocking me to the floor. "Maybe I should kill you. You are worthless. You mean nothing to anybody. You're a disgrace to the human race Katelynn." He snaps.
*Tony's POV*

"Maybe I should kill you. You are worthless." I heard Katelynn cry out because her dad hit her. "You mean nothing to anybody. You're a disgrace to the human race Katelynn."
"Vic!" I yell running to his room.
"What Tony?" Vic answers sleepily.
"We have to go save Kat! Listen!" I hand him my phone and he immediately gets up and hands me my phone back.
"Lets go Tony." He says grabbing his shoes and a hoodie and running out, not caring who we woke up.
"Tony?" I hear a whisper on the other line.
"Katelynn?" I ask frantically.
"Yeah its me. Please come help me. I cant feel anything but pain. It hurts... There's a lot of... of blood... It looks... really serious... I don't... know w-where its... coming from... Ton-... Tony it hu-..." She doesn't finish her sentence.