Status: **WARNING** cursing is involved in this story A LOT.

My Only Retreat

Riley <3

"Hello Miss Perry, I'm sure you've heard the news about how you're paralyzed." She says.
I look up at Tony with a confused look on my face. "Yes ma'am I have." I answer.
"She has four strong men to take care of her." Vic says. "She'll be okay." He looks at me and smiles.
"Alrighty then. I'll give your brother the release forms so you can leave." She smiles and walks out.
"Um... Do you mind telling me what the hell that was about?" I ask Tony.
"They said that if we wanted to see you we had to be somewhat related to you." Tony says nervously.
"Okay? Whats that got to do with her calling me 'Miss Perry'?" I ask.
"She thinks you're his sister." Vic says.
"Okay what about you?" I ask Vic.
"I said he was your boyfriend..." Tony whispered.
"Wait, what? Can you repeat that one more time?" I ask.
Vic looks down at the floor and Tony directs his attention to the ceiling.
"Tony, did you say he was my boyfriend for reasons only you should know about?" I ask, terrified of his response.
"No... I only said it because I needed a better answer than best friend." Tony says, his voice shaking.
"Why didn't you just tell me?" I asked.
"Because I thought you would get mad at me." Tony answers.
"I could never be mad at you turtle." I smile and extend my arms out, indicating to him that I want a hug.
(I will update later :))
"Don't worry Kat. He doesn't know." Tony whispered in my ear.
"Are you lying to me?" I ask cautiously.
"I swear I'm not." He answers.
"Can I be in on your secret?" Vic asks.
"Not yet." I say.
The doctor came back and handed the release papers to Tony. "Just be careful of her ankle and wrist. Make sure that you don't get them wet or anything. Okay?" She says.
"Okay." I reply.
Tony hands back the papers and she promptly leaves the room.
"Well then. No 'you may leave now'? How rude." I say, shaking my head.
After about ten minutes of me trying to get onto Tony's back so he could carry me, we got back to Vic and Mike's house.
"Hey Kat!" Jaime says immediately after we walk in.
"Hi Jaime! It's good to see my buddy again! I'd give you a hug but I cant stand on my own." I say.
"Yeah Tony told me. I'm sorry that happened to you." He says.
"Nah its okay. I'm fine now." I smile. Tony walks to the living room and sets me down on the couch.
"Is this Katelynn, Tony? The one you never stop talking about?" Mike asks, walking down the stairs and into the living room.
"You talk about me that much?" I ask.
"You're my best friend. Why wouldn't I?" He answers.
"I am, in fact, the famous Katelynn Anne-Marie that Tony never stops talking about." I say waving to Mike.
"It's awesome to finally meet you after what Tony has said about you." He smiles.
"Is it bad?" I ask.
"Nope. He did tell us about what happened with you and your dad." Jaime said.
"He's not my dad. He doesn't love me." I reply.
"You're absolutely correct. You deserve better." Vic smiles.
"On a happier note, at least I'm not dead." I laugh.
"I'm glad you're not." Tony says. they all nod their heads in agreement.
"Whats the tattoo on your neck say?" Jaime asks curiously.
"It says 'I am free now'. Its one of my favorite songs by Sleeping With Sirens." I answer smiling.
"Do you have any other tattoos?" Mike asks.
I laugh and show my 'dream on you crazy dreamer' tattoo. Its a dream catcher. I got that idea from a friend of mine who died last year.
"How did you get the idea for that one?" Vic asks, looking directly into my eyes.
"A friend of mine who committed suicide last year." I say confidently. "I told her, well I said it to her grave stone, that I got it in memory of her."
"Did she like us?" Tony asks.
"She was OBSESSED with you guys. Like, I'm not even joking. She loved you guys so much. Her favorite song was 'Hold on till May' and I sung that to her the night before she died. I also got a tattoo of that song. Mainly that lyrics 'Darling you'll be okay' because she never stopped saying that to me." I sighed.
"So she meant the world to you then." Mike said.
I nodded and smiled a bit. Riley meant a lot to me. We had been best friends since we were four years old. We spent every waking hour talking about anything and everything. We even got into a fight about Austin Carlile and Alan Ashby from Of Mice & Men. We both were laughing by the end. She was there for me when Tony was touring. She knew things that he still doesn't know. She was that best friend that everyone wants. Her parents didn't care about her just like mine don't care about me. We had so much in common there was nothing you could ever do to take us away from each other. Riley is my everything. She was like Justin. Just like him. When he died she knew that she had to be there for me because my brother isn't anymore.
"Kat." Tony snaps me out of my trance.
"Yeah?" I reply.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
"Yeah. Just thinking about hoe happy Riley would have been to meet you guys. I'm sure you guys would love her as much as you love me. She was just like me you know. We both had problems with our parents. We both were fun and outgoing. We both are easy to talk to and always gave good advice. She is my everything. We even have matching tattoos. It was the first tattoo we ever got." I wiped away a few tears before continuing. "You guys would've loved her so much."
*Jaime's POV*
I cant believe all of this has happened to someone so beautiful in the past year. It's really hard to understand why her parents don't love her the way they should. And I bet its even harder since her best friend died. "How come you don't just run away and come with us?" I ask.
"Because they will find me and kill me. They even said so themselves." She answered.
"Do they not like us or something?" Vic asks.
"They like Tony. They don't exactly know the rest of you." She looked down at the floor. "They think I am going to tell someone that they abuse me. And now that I'm wheelchair bound its going to be even harder for me to get away from them."
"But if you come with us we wont be in the same place for more than a day and a half." Mike points out.
"They could still find me. They put a tracker in my arm." She says.
"They treat you like a fucking dog! You really deserve better. And we are going to start by taking that tracker out of your arm." Tony says.
"How? I've tried for years to get it out and I still cant find a way to remove it." Katelynn sighs, trying to calm herself down.
*Katelynn's POV*
This is too much for me to handle in one day. Talking about my best friend who committed suicide and talking about my parents who don't give a damn about me. Yeah it hurts a little, but I deserve it all. I haven't done anything right since I was little. I've done everything wrong. Why would they love me if I did nothing but disappoint them?
"Kat, can I talk to you privately?" I heard Vic ask.
I nod and he picks me up and walks out to the back yard. He sits in a lawn chair and sets me down on his lap.