Status: **WARNING** cursing is involved in this story A LOT.

My Only Retreat

Run away with me

"Are you okay? You seemed pretty down when you were talking about Riley." He says looking directly into my eyes.
"I don't know Vic. My dad has been being an asshole lately and my mom just lets it happen. And to top it all off my best guy friend doesn't want to talk to me anymore." I reply looking out into the woods behind his house.
"I'm sorry. I'll always be here if you need me. I'm sure Tony already programed our numbers into your phone because he knew you were going to need a shoulder to lean on every once in a while." He smiled.
"How about everyday. Not just every once in a while. I have to rant to someone everyday." I chuckle.
"It's that often?" Vic asks, obviously shocked.
"When I say my parents don't like me and they abuse me, I mean that they make it a point to say they hate me and they like to abuse me." I answer.
"Hearts on fire tonight. Feel my bones ignite. Feels like war!" My phone sang.
"Hello?" I answer.
*Vic's POV*
"Hello?" Katelynn answered. "Why do you care?... I'm not telling you and you wont be able to find me because your tracker is out of range.... You can try bitch, but you ain't gonna find me... Whatever whore." Katelynn immediately hung up after that.
"Who was that?" I ask.
"My 'mother'" She answers.
"What did she want?" I ask disgusted.
"She told me to come home or else she was going to come find me." Kat says, shaking her head. "She wouldn't come find me even if she loved me."
She stared into my eyes and for a moment I saw joy in her eyes. Then that moment went away as soon as it came and was replaced with fear. It was then that I realized how broken she really was.
"Run away with us." I said. She looked at me with an 'are you crazy?' face.
"Do you understand how dangerous that is?" She asked.
"Yes, but you're 19, you should be able to do whatever you want to do. If you wanna come with us you should be able to." I replied.
"But it'll be hard for me because I'm not able to physically run anymore. I don't always want to depend on you guys all the time." She leans her head on my shoulder. "I mean I love you guys and everything, but I just cant."
"And you trust me right?" I ask.
"Yes I do."
"Then give me your heart and your hand and we can run." I smile (See what I did there? :))
She thought for a moment before answering "I don't know about giving you my heart just yet but I guess I could run away with you guys. I might have to think about giving you my heart a little bit more. I'm not saying it's a definite yes, but its a possibility."
I smiled and stared directly into Katelynn's eyes.
"I guess we should go back inside." She laughed nervously.
"Yeah I guess." I sighed before standing up with her in my arms.
"What did you guys talk about?" Tony asks as soon as we got back inside.
"I convinced her to come with us." I smile, setting Katelynn down in the spot next to Tony and taking the spot next to my brother.
I really wish Katelynn would open up to me. I feel like she would be happier if she would talk to someone who has been through some of the things that she has.
I know she tells Tony a lot of things going wrong in her life, but I wish she was like that with me too.
*Katelynn's POV*
Vic actually cares. :) I know that all of PTV cares about me, but not to the extent of the way Tony and Vic care about me. It feels good to know that Vic cares because Tony tells me all about the things that have happened to Vic and I know he understands what I'm going through. I just don't want to tell him everything just yet. I'm not ready to tell someone else other than Tony.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is fairly short... I know.