OHSHC Storylines

Pretty Bird Ritsu x Reader

The sky overhead was as blue as could be and not a cloud was in sight. The fresh spring day was slightly chilly as you walked to school, but you didn’t mind. It was nice to be out of the house finally after the harsh winter and being cooped up from all the snow. You were looking forward to seeing all your friends and having an early vacation, as you knew Hikaru and Kaoru would be asking to go on one soon. A blush spread across your face as well as you thought of seeing Kasanoda; each time you thought of him your heart began to race. As the school came into view you could hear the buzz of activity as students arrived; sounds of gayety and heartfelt hellos drafted out from the courtyard and the open doors of the school. You searched for any of the gang, trying not to bring attention to yourself. That lasted for only a moment before you were tackled from behind by Hunny; his arms came around your waist and he hugged you tightly.

“It’s finally spring, and we can all be together again!” Hunny was in a chipper mood. Mori walked up next to the two of you, completely quiet.

Twisting around, you wrapped your arms around Hunny, returning his hug. “It will be wonderful to have the club open again, it feels like it has been centuries since we were last there.”

“With all the snow over the winter, it does feel that way.” Hikaru dropped his elbow into your shoulder, and Kaoru did the same on your other one. “How have you been, short stuff?”

You didn’t like the nickname they had given you, only because you had been unable to reach the top most shelf in the back of the club room one day when they had asked for a specific prop. “I’ve been well, thanks for asking. I’ve had cabin fever, but otherwise I’m fine.”

The twins exchanged glances; you knew what that meant. Shrugging off their arms, you turned to the four and smiled. “Sorry, but I have to be off. See you later at the club!”

This was the only way to get away from them and to the person you were wanting to see. You ran into the school and towards one of the back benches in the foyer. He was waiting right there, where he always went when he thought you had already come ahead of him.

“Hi,” you squeaked.

His head snapped up and his face turned bright red, making you giggle. “H-hey there!” he belted out.

You sat down next to him and he jumped slightly. “Haven’t heard from you in a while. How have you been?”

“Everything’s been…fine, I guess.” He wouldn’t look at you. Ever since the first time the two of you had met he had been this way; you thought it incredibly cute and you loved him for it.

“I was surprised you never came by. I was looking forward to hanging out with you over the winter,” you said, nudging his arm.

He blushed harder. “I-I couldn’t get away from my family. Plus, I didn’t know how well your dad would take to me showing up out of the blue.” Kasanoda rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled.

You waived a hand around in the air to blow his words aside. “He’s use to it, what with the rest of the club dropping by so often.”

The two of you exchanged looks and burst out laughing. Even though things seemed slightly awkward between the two of you, it was a good kind of awkward. It was calm and peaceful, relaxing you. No one was watching the two of you; being hidden behind a column had its advantages. You leaned closer to Kasanoda, resting your head on his broad shoulder. You hadn’t done this since right after the two of you had first met. He was always so shy and clumsy it was hard to ever do anything romantic. Kasanoda jumped again, but settled down just a quickly. He took your hand in his and you smiled; it felt good to have him close, and he want that closeness. The window next to the bench brought in the early morning light, bathing the two of you in a soft yellow haze. It was quiet now, no words being exchanged, the company of each other being the only thing needed. You could still hear the other students gibbering on and on within the foyer and outside, but you didn’t pay any attention to them; they meant nothing. Kasanoda lifted his head though at the sound of a bird singing at the window. It was a small pale blue bird, singing happily its song for the day. Kasanoda smiled and looked at you with a loving smile.

“It’s such a beautiful song, and a pretty bird too, but it’s not as beautiful or pretty as you are,” he whispered.

Your heart began to race and your face grew hotter. You smiled back shyly and nudged him. “Where do you go getting off saying things like that. It’s embarrassing.” You hid your face in his shoulder.

“It’s just the truth.” He kissed your head then stood up. “It’s best we get going, class with start soon.”

Taking his had, the two of you walked in the direction of the class room. With one last glance over your shoulder, you saw the bird at the window, staring back at the two of you still singing its lovely melody.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part one: http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/566307/Seven-Minutes-in-Heaven-Ouran-High-School-Host-Club/10/