She Falls Asleep

Uno

She gets on the phone, crying her eyes out. She's been waiting for you to come back, knowing you're supposed to be together, but you just can't see it. And the hole in her heart keeps getting bigger and bigger; not even music can fill the the void. Life isn't the same.

She blames herself. All she wants is you. All she needs is you. All the air she's breathing is for you. She's crying so much, and I don't know what I should say. She's calling about it; her broken home. I'm getting worried.

I'm getting more worried by the minute. She's talking about scary things, things people shouldn't talk about, things people shouldn't think about, things people shouldn't do. I wouldn't know how to stop her. She needs you.

The phone line's gone dead. I try her mobile phone but she rejects the call. So I phone you. You answer, cool as ever, and I trip over my words trying to explain it to you. You tell me to calm down and I fly off the handle at you. You go to hang up but I apologize hurriedly and take a deep breath, explaining myself.

You hang up without any thought and I know you're jumping in the car. I'm practically ripping my hair out with worry; my nail buds are history. How do I know you're going to make it in time? Or if you'll be too late...

Then you call me a few minutes later, saying that the door's locked. I start to panic and so do you. What if she's done it?

She's gone. You bash down the door and find her, gone.

*

You can't take this. Everytime you fall asleep, you see her. Everytime you close your eyes, she's there. You keep crying. You realize now how she felt and how you feel. You realize you've made mistakes, but it's too late.

All I can say is sorry it happened this way.

You can't take it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Based on McFly's 'She Falls Asleep'.