She Belongs to Me

The Sun Doesn't Shine

“What do we got here?” the cop asked. He was a tall, thin man of about thirty-five. His lean frame and soaring height gave him a clear view of what was “here” as he looked over his colleagues’ shoulders, but he wanted the medical examiner’s opinion just to be sure.

The medical examiner looked at the body lying on the forest ground one more time. “One gunshot wound to the back of the head. Execution style, quick and efficient. Mud on the knees of his jeans, left shoeprint on the back of his jacket. I’ll have Forensics take pictures and see if we can find the model of the shoe. Looks about a size ten and a half, but I can’t be sure.” She took a deep sigh. “The young ones always get me,” she said, taking another quick look at the body.

The man the body belonged to wasn’t what the cop would consider “young,” but he let the comment slide. “I’ll let my people know.” He turned to walk away, but was stopped by the medical examiner.

“Wait!” she called, her brown ponytail swaying as she stood up quickly. The cop turned towards her. “One more thing. We had a similar case about a month back. Victim was the same gender, around the same age, shot execution style. You might want to look into it.”

The cop nodded his head a few times, taking the information in. “I’ll do that,” he told her. He turned around and as he was walking back to his car, he thought, We might have a serial killer in our midst.
♠ ♠ ♠
Important Note #1: My updating skills suck. Do not expect an update any time soon. If you do, consider yourself lucky.

Important Note #2: I do not write long chapters. They will probably be longer than this, but long chapters and I are not good friends.