Status: New Chapter after the short hiatus of a whole year, yikes.

Bam's Mistake

Chapter 4

BIRD.

The next hours went by fast. First, Bird went to sleep waking up just before noon. By that time Bam was already checked out and sitting in her room. He had crutches propped beside him as he scribbled something onto paper. Bird coughed slightly as a means to get his attention. His head snapped up at the sound and he smiled at Bird. Her arm was aching; Bird was already itching underneath her cast. She rolled her eyes but swung her legs off the bed anyway. Bam tried to tell her to wait as he awkwardly got up and onto his crutches. Bird sat on the edge of the bed asking Bam to get a doctor. He wanted to go home.

The process to getting Bird home was tedious. First she had to take some pill and make sure it numbed the pain. They couldn't send her home without givin her the right pain meds. When that was done she had to have blood drawn and her vitals checked a final time. She redressed after they gave her the okay. She was then saddled with paperwork, she had to fill out the typical information. Name, birthday, insurance information, the boring details. April had thankfully brought her comfortable clothes to wear again, so she wasn't walking out in her nice black dress.

April had to go to work at the salon earlier today so Bam had apparently assured her that he could call a cab to get Bird and Bam home safely. When they were finally at home Bird didn't even want to stand from to car. Bam had spent the entire drive raving about he was going to give her a very relaxing day. Bird thought it best to get out of the cab before Bam tried to race to her side to open the door for her. It would be too hard for him with the crutches but he'd try anyway.

Walking into her house she helped Bam stumble up the stairs to their shared bedroom. She saw no reason in making him sleep in the guest room at this point. If he was going to be on these crutches for a few days he would need help. Bird knew she would have to try to get him better in the few days he would be resting before they began to film their movie. Bird thought Jeff, Johnny and the rest of the crew were all arriving within the next couple of days. Bam would go and get Jeff and Johnny fro the airport in just two days.

“Do you want me to make you some food?” Bam asked while he sat on the bed, changing his pants into some blue, plaid sweatpants.

“No, why? Are you hungry?” Bird asked changin into her favourite sweatpants and one of Bam's sweaters that was gifted to him from some skate company.

“Yeah, kind of.” Bam said, his back still facing Bird.

“We could just order a pizza, and watch a movie.” Bird suggested walking around to Bam's side of the bed.

“Okay, that sounds good.” Bam mumbled.

Bird wrapped her arms around Bam's shoulder forcing his head into her chest unintentionally – not that he was going to complain. Bird sighed and let go of Bam. Bird shook her arms so the sweater sleeved feel over her hands. She told Bam to order the pizza while she grabbed a couple movies from downstairs. She also ordered the he remained in the bed. As Bird was descending the stars Bam yelled at her saying there was cash in his wallet for the pizza. Bird grabbed a few movies, popped some popcorn, and grabbed two cans of Pepsi out of the fridge. She brought everything upstairs and put the stuff on the bed.

“Pick a movie from those.” Bird said moving one Pepsi to the table beside her bed and handing the other to Bam.

“You know, I'd rather be drinking a beer or two.” Bam said taking the soft drink.

“Not with the medicine, Bam.” Bird said.

Bam mumbled something as he cracked open the drink. The doorbell then rang. Bird went down stairs grabbing Bam's wallet of his dresser right before leaving the room. The delivery boy looked like he was in his twenties, and he held a cocky smirk on his face. He tried to get a glimpse down Bird's top without even trying to be subtle. After the pizza was paid for she closed the door quickly. She went upstairs to see Bam talking on the phone with someone, he smiled at her and told whoever he was talking to that he would talk to them later.

“Who's was that?” bird asked setting down the pizza and grabbing whatever movie was holdin out to her.

“Jeff, they're going to have to fly in a day late.” Bam said. Bird put the movie in the player.

“Why's that?” Bird asked climbing into bed next to him and getting comfortable under the blankets.

“Don't know, don't care.” Bam said pulling bird in closer to him hesitantly. Bird moved in closer letting him know that this was okay.

BAM.

After convincing Jeff and Johnny to postpone filming just one day Bam spent the rest of the day fully content. He was just enjoying have Bird cuddled up to him like she was, and he also had pizza from his favourite pizza place. He barely paid any attention to the movie. It was hard to focus while his life was so fragile right now. Bird's getting drugged, he cheated, car accidents, and now filming. Bam was nearing a melt down. But right now, in this moment, he felt that his life was on a steady track to rebuilding itself. Who knows? Maybe Bird and Bam will come out stronger than before.

Bam had never seen himself as a relationship guy. He always ended up ruining it. But this time he knew he had something special, this was the first time he even made an attempt at fixing things. This was the first time he had something worth fixing. Ba threw the empty pizza box on the floor and made grabby hands at the popcorn. Bird laughed but handed it to him none the less. The movie started to get funnier but the vibrations caused by Bird's laughs stopped. Bam looked over curiously only to see her sound asleep.

“I love you.” Bam whispered aiding her sleeping figure into a proper lying down position.

When she was tucked in Ba flicked off the TV using the remote. He put the popcorn bowl on his side table and got under the blankets himself. Bam casually strung him arm across Bird's stomach pulling her in closer very lazily. He always slept so much better when he could smell her shampoo. It just, soothed him. Bam fell asleep after just a few moments.

In the morning Bam woke up alone. He frowned. Bam propped himself up and swung his legs over the side of the bed. He rubbed the sore part of his leg, wincing as his palms massaged the tender skin. As if on cue, Bird walked into the room with some food. That woman and making breakfast for people. Bam smiled slightly and leaned his back against the head board. Bird brought over the tray and sat next to him. When he put his hand on her thigh she pushed it away. She shook her head silently; Bam said nothing but felt slightly defeated.

“How'd you sleep?” Bam asked eating a pancake. The crumbs fell onto the bed landed mostly on Bam's shirt.

“Fine.” Bird said yawning.

“Well, you up for another lazy day or what? Cuz I fucking am.” Bam said with a wicked grin.

Bam and Bird spent the next few days like this. Playing stupid card games that Bird wanted to play, eating take out, watching movies, and just talking. These few days were really good for the relationship. Bam felt as if it was bringing them closer together. Both of the lovers were laughing and siling the whole time they were sitting, or lying down, in that bed. Now, they haven't had sex since before their dinner date the other night. But Bam was fine with that. He wasn't quite the playboy that the media made him out to be. Not quite. He'd gladly admit that he loves sex though. Bam loved having sex with Bird, no one else. Bam never wanted this moment to end. He wanted to stop time, and continue to lay beside the love of his life forever. But all great things must come to an end.

Bam was now, very begrudgingly, sitting in the passenger seat of a rental car while Bird drove them to the airport to pick up Johnny and Jeff. Both of them had been here not even two weeks ago but they allowed everyone a week off. Everyone spent time with their families. Bam would bet they all did fun things like bowling, and playing outside with their kids. Bam thought that because with the plans that are set for this movie, someone could get paralysed. Or worse. Bam would love to call and cancel this movie right now. Bam suddenly stiffened, he wanted to reach out and grab Bird's hand, but he didn't feel like he had the right to anymore.

“What is it?” Bird asked not taking her eyes off the road.

“Nothing.” Bam whispered.

“Come on Bam, tell me what's wrong.” Bird coaxed glancing at him briefly.

“Can I hold your hand?” Bam asked suddenly louder.

“Uh, yeah, I guess. I'm not sure how that would feel with the cast but...” Bird trailed off but held out her hand for him.

Bam laced their fingers together. He set them down on the centre console. A small smile found its way onto Bam's face. Loving Bird was one the best things that ever happened to him. It also was the thing that made the most sense. It had the best effect on him. She was a good influence. It was the easiest, most reliable thing in his life. Even his biggest mistakes couldn't break it, rattle it maybe, but not break. Bam knew that his goal of marrying Bird wasn't over. Not even close.

“So, we have some rules to discuss about this movie.” Bird said breaking the silence.

“Oh?” Bam said not taking his eyes away from their interlocked hands.

“Yeah. Rule number one is not doing something you know you can't do.” Bird said. Bam looked up at her.

“I can do anything.” Bam said.

“That's a perfect transition to rule number two which is don't be a fucking idiot.” Bird smiled.

“I'm offended.” Bam said joking.

“Good, and finally, rule number three, no pranking me.” Bird said. Bam laughed.

“Rule one contradicts me promising rule three. I know I can't follow through.” Bam laughed and Bird rolled her eyes.

“I'm surprised you even know what contradict means.” Bird said smirking.

“Fuck you.” Bam said laughing loudly.

Bam began to spit ball various prank ideas to tease Bird. He loved her way she scrunched her eyes together to rely sarcasm without actually saying anything. When they arrived at the airport they were instantly startled by Johnny throwing his entire body against the passenger side door. Bam flipped off his while laughing. Bird popped the trunk so the two guys could put their bags in there. Jeff got into the drivers side backseat while Johnny got in behind Bam. Johnny began to tell a story about something Madison did while simultaneously kicking the back of Bam's seat much like a child would.

“So that's how she ended up with a goose egg the size of a baseball!” Johnny said laughing. “Don't misunderstand that laughter, I didn't laugh when it happened. I was a scared daddy, but after we knew she was fine I laughed so hard.”

“You're retarded.” Jeff said shaking his head.

“What the hell is a scared daddy?” Bam asked giving Bird's hand a light squeeze.

“You know, when your kid does something that makes you scared, but if someone else's kid did it you'd laugh.” Johnny explained.

“Yeah, that's not a thing.” Bam said.

Bird stayed silent the rest of the trip. Bam let it go but he was already thinking of ways he could sneak it into conversation later. Maybe right before bed. He had no intention of staying up all night with his friends, and even less intention to sleeping in the same room as the. He may have some drinks with them but in the end, fuck them. His bed was comfortable and his beautiful girlfriend sure as hell wasn't going to sleep alone. If Jeff or Johnny got lonely they could spoon each other. It wasn't Bam's problem.

When they were settled at the house Bird suggested they go to a bar. At first, Bam was ecstatic, he thought she meant the four of them. But she'd actually meant three.

“You're kidding me, right?” Bam asked as she grabbed her sweat pants.

“What?” Bird asking looking at him.

“You're changing out of sweats, into sweats.” Bam said as he pulled on his own sweat pants.

“You too.” Bird said pointing at his grey sweatpants.

“The other ones smelled bad. You should wear something sexy tonight. What about that purple dress you have? Wear that one.” Bam rambled.

“Oh, Bam, honey, I didn't mean I would go. Male bonding time is good before a major motion picture.” Bird said and Bam just stared. “Or I could go to.”

“I want you to come too.” Bam said smiling sweetly.

“Okay, but no dress.” Bird said sternly.

Bam smiled and left the room to tell the others that Bird would only be five minutes. Bird put on black skinny jeans and black tank top. There was no need for anything fancy. Bird put her hair in a messy bun as she was leaving the room. She quickly went down the stairs and turned into the kitchen where the three guys were already having their first round.

“Rake, Dico, and Dunn are going to come out too. Rake's going to pick us up in his van.” Bam said leaning against the island.

Against Bird's wishes Bam had decided against the crutches. Bird knew he was only going to make it worse. He promised that he would use them after tonight but he didn't want to try and balance on crutches while drunk. Bird hated the idea but there was nothing she could do. Bam had his mind set, so that was that.

“So Bammy, wedding bells in the future? Kids perhaps?” Jeff asked taking a swig of his beer.

“I god damn hope so. Imagine Bird as a mommy. Awh,” Bam said pulling her into his side.

“Wow, you two make me sick,” Johnny said chugging his beer.

“You're just jealous my soul mate is ten times tighter than yours,” Bam said. Bird elbowed him in the ribs.

“You shut your whore mouth,” Bird said and Bam just laughed.

“I can't figure out if this is flirting or not,” Jeff said staring at them with a smirk.

“Shut up,” Bam said keeping his arm around Bird.

“Oh thank Christ, Rake is here,” Johnny said leaving the kitchen quickly.

“Let's roll out then,” Jeff said.

“Getting shitfaced tonight, babe,” Bam whispered in Bird's ear. She shivered.

“I'm not DD,” Bird yelled loudly as they all left the house and got into the van.

“Not it!” Various people yelled until it was just Rake.

“God dammit! Why can't we cab it?” Rake asked.

“No, that's the bitch way. You lost. Deal with it,” Bam said linking his hands with Bird's as they sat in the very back.

“Fuck this shit,” Rake mumbled clearly unhappy with the decision.

Once at the bar everyone piled out of the van excited to get some drinks into them. Jeff and Johnny had just been flying so they were excited to just relax and have a good time with their friends. Bam was a little concerned about drinking again but as long as Bird was by his side everything would be alright. Bam took the smile on Bird's lips as a sign that drinking would be okay tonight. The moment the smile fades though, Bam would stop. He didn't want to risk making her upset in anyway; not while trying to win his way back into Bird's life.

Bam opened the door to let Bird enter before him, then he was caught holding the door for everyone. Bird had instantly went to grab a seat knowing Bam would get her first drink for her as he always did. Bam, Johnny, and Jeff came to the table with their drinks. The other boys stayed at the bar trying to talk to some girls. Dico showed up at the table a moment later with a sour look on his face. Bam slide over to make room for him.

BIRD.

Bird was contentedly sipping on her beer. She was surrounded by her best friends, and her boyfriend. Everything seemed so normal, so, as it should be. Bam was steadily getting more drunk. He was practically hanging off of Bird's arm. He said I love you constantly and randomly. Bam was very idiotic, but also very affectionate while intoxicated. Bird glanced over at Bam who was currently nuzzling his face into Bird's shoulder.

“You smell pretty,” Bam mumbled against her shoulder.

“You smell like sweat,” Bird joked.

Bam gasped. “You take that back.”

“What if I don't?” Bird joked leaning her head on his hair.

“I'll, uhm,” Bam muttered looking up at Bird's smirk. “I'll throw up in your shoes.”

“What are you? A cat?” Bird laughed. Bam meowed a few times while jokingly pawing at Bird's lap. “Dico, Bam's a kitty cat now.”

“Yeah, great,” Dico said chugging a beer. “I'm going to head out. Called a cab like ten minutes ago.”

“C'mon man, we've only been here for like an hour,” Johnny said hitting Dico on the shoulder.

“Yeah I know, I'll see you on Wednesday for the thing we talked about,” Dico said to Johnny before sliding out of the booth. “See yah.”

“Bye, Dico!” Bird called as he shuffled around the few people trying to dance.

“Dico's been so sad lately, have you noticed?” Bird asked Bam who shook his head.

“He's not sad, he's lazy,” Bam said kissing Bird's neck lightly.

After another few hours of drinking and talking with friends everyone decided it was best to head out. Filming was starting the day after tomorrow but a meeting was happening tomorrow from noon until about five about final preparations. Rake drove them all to their destinations ending with Bam's place. Johnny and Jeff shared the guest room while Bam and Bird were in the master. Bam was happy with this arrangement.

Once they were alone in their room Bam flopped onto the bed. He flicked off his shoes letting them fly wherever they did. Bird watched as he struggled to get his pants off. Bird laugh while helping him pull them off.

“Are you trying to seduce me?” Bam asked with a grin.

“No, Bam. I am not,” Bird said taking off her own clothes and climbing into bed with him.

“Well, it's working,” Bam said wrapping and arm around Bird. “I love you.”

“Love you too.”

Bird didn't wake up until just after one pm. Upon seeing the alarm clock she knew the three boys would already be gone. Bird laid in bed awake for an hour doing nothing in particular. She had turned on the TV and watched some random cartoon that she didn't know the name of. She didn''t move until her stomach rumbling started to annoy her. She went to the kitchen and made herself some instant oatmeal.

After her lunch Bird went out to get the mail. Bam had moved into her house after they'd dated a little while but this house wasn't permanent. She was renting it from some sleazy landlord. It made sense for Bam to stay with her rather than her stay with April and Phil. As Bird flipped through she spotted a yellow envelope with her name hand written on it. She opened it while she walked back into the house. It was from her landlord telling her that she would not be able to renew her lease as he wants to move on from renting and sell the house.

Bird sighed as she entered her house. Her lease was up in just a few weeks and she gave her last months rent at the beginning so she guessed that was it. Looking around the main level she was really disappointed in herself. It wasn't messy, but it definitely wasn't sparkling clean. Before Bam she was a eat freak but she'd learn to calm down with that. That was one of the many reasons why Bam was one of the best things to happen to her.

Bird got dressed and began to clean the house until Bam got home. She cleaned the kitchen so everything sparkled. She also threw away lots of stuff. Mainly stuff they didn't use. She didn't like that this was all happening as Bam was planning on going away. Bird would probably have to stay at the house now so she can pack.

Bam came back to the house at around five thirty with Johnny and Jeff. They ate two freezer pizza's. Jeff and Johnny both went to the living room to watch TV while Bird asked if she could talk to Bam privately. He brought him into the bedroom. Bird looked at his face and she saw he looked so concerned.

“It's nothing bad,” Bird said first just to calm him down. “I'm just not going to be able to go with you anymore.”

“What? Why? I set everything up with Jeff today,” Bam said confused. “You and I are going everywhere but Miami and Japan.”

“Because I got a letter from Jack. He's not letting me renew my lease,” Bird said sitting with Bam on the bed.

“How long do we have?” Bam asked.

“A month or so,” Bird said thinking about the dates in her head.

“Okay, well, they're going to be in Japan for a week so we can do all the packing and cleaning then,” Bam said shrugging.

“What? No, I also have to find a place to live,” Bird said.

Bam sighed, “Let's just move in with Ape and Phil for now.”

“I don't really want to live with your parents,” Bird said.

“Not forever, just for now,” Bam said shaking his head.

“Bam,” Bird started but Bam frowned.

“I'm trying to fix our relationship right now, I have never tried so fucking hard for anyone. But I don't want to lose you,” Bam whispered pulling her in for a hug. “Let me fix us, I swear everything will work out.”

“Okay, Bam,” Bird said finally.

“Yes, thank you baby!” Bam said kissing her cheek. “Besides, none of this furniture is yours other than the bed. So now when we're ready I can buy you a nice big house and you can style it however you want. Or how I want,” Bam smirked giving Bird a kiss. “Now I better go entertain my friends.”

Bird called Bam back right before he left the room. “You have a long day tomorrow, don't be up too late.”

“We have a long day tomorrow,” Bam corrected winking at her before leaving the room.