‹ Prequel: We Are Broken
Status: Complete!

Two Pieces

Chapter 1

The constant beeping of Rylee's phone brought her from a restless slumber. She groaned and snuggled further into the stale warm comforter. This hotel wasn't the best, as far as comfort goes, but she had to think quickly last night after she left. It was better than staying on the bus with her unfaithful husband, that's for sure. After maneuvering around, she was finally in a position that was comfortable for her and her belly. It only took her the whole night to find this position. She pushed the thoughts of last night from her mind and evened out her breathing. No more than an hour later, her phone started ringing. She glared at the pillow that confined the noisy device. She wanted to ignore the call but she knew the person calling wouldn't give up that easily. The ringtone belonged to Jimmy. She couldn't ignore him. After all the times he has been there to support her when Matt didn't, the least she could do was answer his phone call. She removed the pillow and grabbed her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Rylee. How are you?"

He let out a sudden gasp before rambling about how stupid that question was. His rambling brought a small smile to her face.

"It's ok, Jim. I'm fine. Just a bit tired is all," she said, sounding more than a bit tired.

Jimmy could hear the exhaustion in her voice. She sounded like Matt did, completely lifeless, but only worse.

"Yeah, after last night I bet you are. Do you wanna talk about it?"

Again, he started apologizing for asking such a stupid question.

"Of course you don't wanna talk about it. I fucking told him I'm not good at this stuff."

Rylee scowled at the mentioning of him. Right then she knew Matt put him up to this. He hasn't cared much about her well being for the last month. But now there’s a game changer; she's on the verge of leaving his ass.

"So you're calling for Matt," she said as a statement rather than a question.

Jimmy could hear the anger in her voice and immediately regretted his slip up.

"No, Ryl-"

"Yes you fucking are. Tell him I said he can go fuck himself. He didn’t seem to care last night when he sucking face with that blonde bimbo."

Just as she was about to hang up, jimmy cut in.

"I'm sorry Ryles. I know you are hurting and you have every right to be pissed right now. It's just both of you are my best friends and it hurts to see you guys so broken. I know he fucked up and I let him know it every chance I get. But please, think of the baby before you decide to leave him."

Rylee looked down at the hand that stayed subconsciously on her stomach and sighed. Jimmy had a point. As much as she wanted to act irrationally she couldn't. She had to think about the little life that was depending on her. And now that she thought about it, the stress and anger isn't good for the baby.

"Speaking of the baby, you need to eat breakfast. Pretty sure the munchkin is hungry," said Jimmy.

"Yeah, I'll go down to the lobby and grab something. I'm sure they have free continental breakfast."

Jimmy scoffed.

"I mean real food, not that nasty plastic shit."

Rylee giggled, "Okay, you have a point. Where can I get real food?"

Jimmy hesitated a few seconds before answering her.

"The guys and I are getting breakfast soon. Just meet us there."

Rylee ran a hand over her face.

“Jimmy, I don’t think that’s such a good idea.”

She didn't want to deal with Matt so soon.

“It won’t be as bad as you think, Ryles.”

She thought about his offer for a few more seconds before coming up with a solution. She didn't have to sit at the same table as the guys. She could simply walk in and have her order taken at a different table. Problem solved.

"Ok, I'll meet you there."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Here's the sequel to We Are Broken. Comment and let me know what you think so far. And if you won't comment for me, comment for this handsome man :) [URL]Image[/URL]