‹ Prequel: We Are Broken
Status: Complete!

Two Pieces

Chapter 12

After the guys’ returned with Brian’s girlfriend, they headed to the venue. Rylee stayed back at the bus to nap. She wasn’t feeling very well. Her back and legs ached and she was simply worn out from getting lunch with Matt. Simple things, like walking and eating, were becoming increasingly difficult. She was starting to think Satan created the last three months of pregnancy. She woke up an hour before the guys’ and Steph returned from the show. That’s when they all decided to grab a bite to eat. Luckily, there was a café only 10 minutes from where the buses were parked.

An hour later, Rylee was quickly scrubbing her hands in the café bathroom. She was flustered. Probably because she spent more time peeing than eating. She ripped out a paper towel from the dispenser and wiped her hands dry. She took a quick glance in the mirror before huffing and leaving. She waddled back to the booth and took a seat in the chair positioned just at the end. She can’t fit in the booth. Maybe that’s another reason she’s moody.

“Pissy pants is back,” Johnny joked.

Rylee muttered an insult under her breath while grabbing her fork. Matt watched her closely as she took a bite of her half eaten stack of blueberry pancakes. His gaze has been going back and forth between his phone and his wife all throughout dinner. He tensed when she stopped chewing and frowned deeply. Something was wrong.

“Ryles, what’s the matter?” he asked.

Her lip started to tremble and her eyes filled with tears. All conversation stopped. They all stared at her with concern. A few tears fell to her cheeks before she took a big gulp.

“My pancakes are cold now, “ she whimpered.

Concerned looks lightened up and turned into small smiles. They knew damn well not to laugh at her mood swings. Matt, on the other hand, was still concerned. And he had every right to be. He needed to make sure her and the baby were full and satisfied.

“Don’t cry, hunny. I’ll order you something else,” he assured her.

She shook her head, “Don’t worry about it. I’m okay, I’m just overreacting.”

Jimmy scoffed, ”Bullshit, Ryles. You’re getting a fresh meal.”

Rylee nodded, wiping her face with the sleeve of her jacket. He flagged down the waiter.

The waiter walked over and smiled, “What else can I get you?”

Rylee cleared her throat, “Can I have a basket of chicken tenders?”

“Of course! Will that be all?”

She nodded.

He flashed her another smile and left.

Silence fell around the booth. Stephanie cleared her throat, gaining everyone’s attention.

“So, have you two decided on a name yet?” she asked.

Matt and Rylee chuckled out a no.

“But now that you mentioned it, we really should start thinking of names,” said Rylee.

“Yes you should. You guys have, like, two months left right?” asked the red head.

The couple nodded.

“I’ll make this easy for you guys. Name the baby after me! It’s simple,” Zack boasted.

Stephanie took her straw from her glass and threw it at his head, “Pretty sure they don’t want to name their baby girl Zack, dumbass.”

Everyone laughed.

Zacky smacked his lips and threw the straw back at her, “There was a girl at our high school named Zachariah. So technically they could!”

“Oh I remember her!” said Johnny. “She had a nice ass. Remember that one party when we all-“

Zacky reached over and placed his hand over Johnny’s mouth. All the guys coughed nervously as the girls looked at them suspiciously.

“Let’s move on from that subject, shall we?” Brian asked.

“We shall,” said Matt.

Rylee and Stephanie playfully rolled their eyes. The waiter came back with Rylee’s meal and placed it in front of her. Rylee dug in while Stephanie continued conversation.

“So where was she conceived?” she asked, nonchalant.

Matt choked on his beer. Rylee stopped chewing and looked over at the red head as if she had three heads.

“C’mon, Steph. We really don’t need to know that,” said Brian.

“Why? It’s apart of life. My mom told me I was conceived at a Michael Jackson concert. How fucking cool is that?”

She focused her attention back to Rylee and Matt.

“So tell me!” she said with excitement.

The guys’ chuckled at Matt as he ran his hands down his face.

“You want me to tell, babe?” Rylee asked, giggling.

Matt took his hands from his face and smirked, “Sure. Why not?”

Rylee took a deep breath to conceal her giggles. “So… Johnny?”

“What the fuck do I have to do with this?” he yelled.

cackles erupted from their booth.

Rylee was certain they were one foot out the door from the noise level.

Once things quieted down again, she continued, “So remember when Matt got into that fender bender and he had to borrow your Chevy Tahoe for a couple days?”

“You two had sex in my truck? Are you kidding me?” he griped.

“Dude, we seriously didn’t intend on doing it there. We went out that night and it just happened,” said Matt.

Then he looked over at Rylee and winked. They both started laughing uncontrollably. The others giggled, except Johnny, at the couple’s insider.

“I’m gonna piss myself,” said Rylee.

She got up and made a fast waddle to the bathroom.

“This is great! Fucking classic,” said Stephanie.

“Wait a fucking minute,” said Johnny, “Please tell me that stain in the back seat was from ice cream like you said it was!”

Matt snickered, “Sorry, bro. That wasn’t ice cream.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a lighter chapter! Just some humor before things heat back up. I hope you guys had a nice holiday!! Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing :)