‹ Prequel: We Are Broken
Status: Complete!

Two Pieces

Chapter 21

The plush maroon colored comforter hid the side of Rylee's face as she slept. She laid on her side, facing away from her husband, who slept beside her on his back. She was far too deep in her slumber to notice the sun seeping through the crack in the curtains.

Both of them were tuckered out from yesterday's events. After the emotional reunion in the kitchen, Matt packed away the groceries that Rylee dropped to the floor, keeping her from lifting a finger. Rylee knew that he would be keeping her in a glass box from now on. Treating her as if she were fine china. She tried to argue against it, claiming she wasn't disabled, but the serious look on his face told her she had no chance at winning the battle.

Once Matt got the groceries stored away, they both went over to Brian and Steph's house for dinner. The visit was awkward during the first hour or so. Brian and Stephanie didn't know where the couple stood in terms of their relationship. But once dinner was served, the situation was cleared up and the awkwardness disappeared. By the time midnight rolled around, the house was packed with band members along with their significant others, drinking and catching up. The little get together ended around two in the morning. Matt drove a sleeping Rylee back to the house and helped her get in bed before drifting off to sleep himself.

Rylee's eyes flew open when a heavy, tattooed arm landed across her face. She glared at it in confusion. But then it clicked. She gently removed Matt's arm from her face and smiled over at his sleeping figure.

His lips were pulled apart slightly, letting air rush in and out. His face appeared relaxed. Completely free of worry.

She sat up slowly so she could shift her body closer to him. But the sudden change in position brought on a false contraction.

"Oh geez." She reacted louder than she intended to. She focused on taking deep breaths while staring over at Matt, praying that she didn't wake him. She rubbed her palm over her stomach, trying to ease the tightening.

The sounds of heavy breathing and the rustling of fabric woke Matt from his slumber. He blinked a few times before setting his gaze on Rylee. The lazy smile dropped from his face once he realized her distress.

"What's wrong?" Matt placed his hand over hers, as it clung to her stomach.

She met his worried expression and shook her head.

"Just a false contraction. I'm fine." She stopped rubbing to let him do it instead.

"Are you absolutely sure?"

"Yes. It happens all the time now. At least two or three times a day."

Matt snatched his hand away.

She jumped from his sudden movement and frowned at the disappointed look on his face, wondering what she did to cause it.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Huh?"

"About the false contractions. Why didn't you tell me you were having them?"

Rylee shrugged her shoulders. "I-I just. . I didn't-"

She paused to collect her words.

"The doctor said it was normal."

He still looked unconvinced.

"C'mon, Matt. We weren't exactly on speaking terms. You know that!" She mustered up the best pleading face she could give and waited for his rebuttal.

Matt's defense cracked seeing her like that. Her big brown eyes looking so sullen. Her trembling bottom lip.

'God dammit,' He breathed out a sigh. "You're right. We weren't on speaking terms."

He couldn't help but laugh at the smirk she was now giving him.

"You did that on purpose didn't you?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

Matt playfully rolled his eyes and closed the gap between them on the bed.

"Uh huh.." He pressed his lips against hers.

"Wanna join me in the shower?" he whispered.

His warm breath tickled her neck, causing her to swallow hard. She knew damn well what would happen if they showered together. The soft kisses that he trailed along her jawline were a dead giveaway.

She couldn't contain the whimper that escaped her. Her body was betraying her. It hasn't even been 24 hours since she forgave him and he wanted sex? Already?

"Matt?"

"I need this," he breathed out, "I need you."

He continued to nibble on the sensitive skin of her neck. Rylee's heart pounded faster and faster. She tilted her head, giving in to him.

Once he marked her skin, he pulled away. "You're killing me, you know?"

He took her hand and placed it on his arousal.

"Aw, you poor thing," she chuckled hoarsely.

She ran the tips of her fingers over him, teasing him, before removing her hand completely.

"Fuck.." Matt bit down hard on his bottom lip from the pent up sexual frustration.

He needed a release but by the look of her, she wasn't going to give in easily. "Why'd you stop?"

Rylee could hear the silent plea behind his words. It almost made her feel bad.

She just couldn't give into him right now.

"Baby, I don't think I'm ready."

Matt looked at her as if she told him she had murdered a family.

"Seriously? I've been using my fucking hand for 6 months," he griped.

He noticed how harsh that came out and frowned apologetically.

"I'm sorry. It's just I really need some type of release from you We don't have to have sex. Let's just fool around a bit."

It was Rylee's turn to crack from the pleading look he was giving her. His big, love filled hazel eyes hypnotized her. Before she knew it, she was being pulled into the bathroom and the door was closed briskly behind them.

An hour and a half later, they both emerged from the bathroom with permanent smiles.

Rylee shivered from the cool air. She firmly crossed her arms over her bare chest and waddled quickly over to the dresser. She pulled out one of Matt's Metallica tee shirts, a white long sleeved under shirt, and a pair of maternity jeans.

She threw the clothes to the bed behind her, not paying attention to where they land.

"I give you two orgasms and this is how you treat me?"

Rylee turned around to see the shirt she threw sitting on Matt's head. "I'm sorry, sweetie," she laughed.

Matt, fully dressed with a faded Misfits shirt and jean shorts, sat back on the bed to watch her. His stare made her skin ignite. She had to admit, showering with him helped her feel more comfortable around him again. She didn't feel as self conscious as she used to.

"Mommy will feed you soon, honey." She talked down to her stomach absentmindedly.

She spun around to see him with the biggest dimpled smile.

"So if that wasn't the cutest thing ever," he cooed.

"We communicate all the time. I talk to her and she gives me nudges in return."

Matt stood up from the bed, that wide smile still intact, and placed his hands on her stomach. "I think we should pick a name today."

Rylee nodded in agreement. He placed a sweet kiss to her lips before helping her maneuver down to the kitchen. Rylee bickered along the way, saying she was perfectly capable of moving around on her own. Matt ignored her but agreed to let her cook breakfast.

She cracked 6 eggs into the mixing bowl before adding shredded cheese and a bit of milk. Then she whisked it up. Once the pan was hot she poured the mix and stirred it slowly with a fork before letting it sit to thicken up.

In the meantime, she made the toast while indulging on a huge spoonful of peanut butter. She leaned back against the counter, enjoying her daily fix. She became dependent on peanut butter at the start of her second trimester. You'd rarely ever catch her with anything peanut butter flavored before then.

She stood there, completely zoned out with the spoon handing from her lips, not paying attention to the scrambled eggs overcooking on the stove.

The aroma brought her back to her senses, making her drop the spoon into the sink. She charged over to the stove and snapped the burner off.

"God-fucking-dammit." She raked a fork through the overcooked mess.

"What happened, Ryles?" Rylee turned around to see Matt emerging with a look of concern.

"I overcooked the eggs. I'm sorry."

He shook his head abruptly, "I'm sure they're fine."

He pressed a kiss to her forehead before taking the plates from the counter. "Go sit. I'll serve."

Rylee nodded and lowered herself into a seat at the table. She watched him scoop piles of scrambled eggs onto the plates, putting extra on her plate, before adding the buttered toast.

"Why did you give me extra?" she asked.

He sat the plates on the table. "My baby has to eat too, ya know?"

Rylee scrunched her face in disgust at the rubbery mess on her plate.

Matt sat across from her eating like a starved man. When he noticed the untouched eggs on her plate he stopped eating.

"Babe? It isn't bad. Honestly!"

Rylee laughed, "You love me that much to pretend my shitty food is good?"

"I do. But seriously. Eat!"

The repulsive face returned as she scooped up a pile of eggs with her fork.

It took her 30 minutes to finish her meal. Matt was dead set on her eating every last bit of it. They washed up the dishes before making their way over to the couch, so they can finally decide on a name for the baby.

Rylee sat down and propped her feet up on his lap. She handed him a piece of ripped paper and a pen, keeping the other piece and pen for herself. They both wrote down three possible baby names.

"You go first," said Rylee.

"Zelda."

She shot Matt's first choice down immediately. "Nope. Not naming our daughter after a video game character."

Matt let out a defeated sigh, "Fine. Your turn."

"Sophie."

"Amelia."

"Hailee."

"Geneva."

"Madison."

Matt shook his head firmly at Rylee's final choice. "Dated a girl named Madison once. She was a bitch. So scratch that."

Rylee nodded and put a line through Maddison.

"So which one of mine do you really like?" she asked.

Matt scanned her choices again before deciding.

"Hailee. I like the way you spelled it."

Rylee nods and circles it. Then she glanced over his choices. "I really like Geneva. How'd you come up with it?"

"Well I was gonna write Jenny, but then I decided on Eva. However, they are just so fucking plain. So I combined them and came up with Geneva," he laughed, "No great explanation behind it other than that."

Rylee laughed with him.

"I like it, a lot. Plus, I want to hear that explanation again when she asks about it later on."

"So, are you saying we should name her Geneva?"

Rylee grabbed the pieces of paper and crumbled them into a ball. "Yup. Geneva Sanders!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Feels good to update this story. My laptop decided to stop working a few days ago. So I used my IPad to write this. Hope it isn't too bad. Let me know what you think! :)

(I'll fix typos once I get my laptop back.)