Status: completed

Solitude Does No Good

ii

It was a struggle, pushing through the snow but there was so much determination in the body traveling through the storm.

The wolf had decided against remaining where he stayed in the mountains, venturing down when he sensed the storm kicking in. His paws had done a good job with traveling through the building snow and not sinking too far in, although know snow was building up on his coat faster than he could shake it off. Despite being slightly larger than normal wolves, it did him no good. Thankfully the cold didn’t bother him.

His ears would occasionally pull up, trying to listen to any other living creature but he got nothing but the wind in his ears. It wasn’t a surprise to him, only a fool would come out into the storm. Maybe that’s just what he was, a fool of a wolf. Then again, he had a reason for coming down.

It had been four months since his last visit, stalking in the shadows and hunting in between. The children told stories about him; some good and some bad. The adults had tried to drive him out and hunt him down quite a few times and he was turning into quite the annoyance for those in the small town near the River.

Two and a half years, he’d been there.

He’d traveled to the middle of Alaska without a thought, leaving behind what little he had in favor of what was in Alaska. Open space, plenty of food, adventure, and peace.

It had been a year and a half year since he’d last been in his human form, as well.

The human side of him faded more and more, but it was still there. It wouldn’t ever leave him, not completely. He just knew to expect going back to being human again would give him some trouble in playing the part. He’d always been wolf first, human second. Unlike many, he’d been born into it. It seemed like now days majority were turned and it was the tragic dying of pure bloodlines. Bloodlines meant everything when it came to power, status, and wealth among his kind.

Yet, he’d given that up.

Micah had foolishly given it all up for a girl.