Status: throws this all over the place

Donut Holes

Punctuality

Seven thirty.

I felt excitement build in my chest. Oh it was nearly time! I leaned back in the 'ergonomic' office chair my tuchus was currently resting in and watched the door slightly. The invoice for the company was pulled up on my computer, but I had abandoned doing it as soon as seven twenty rolled around. I reached, without turning my head, for my coffee and carefully took a sip, my eyes never leaving the glass door. After a few more moments of tense waiting, I briefly turned my eyes to the screen of my computer.

Seven thirty-two.

Okay what was going on? Where was she? She always showed at seven thirty. Being punctual was like...her thing. Calm down calm down. She would show. I silently reassured myself and glanced back at the door. Nothing. Hmm...

Seven thirty-five.

Shit. She was five minutes later than usual...what was going on? Her clock in time was supposed to be seven forty-five, but she usually had a spotless record of showing up at exactly seven thirty. I tapped my foot slightly, nervously chewing on the end of my pen as I aimlessly stared at the paper on my desk. Soon my attention was drawn back to the computer, and by the time seven forty had rolled around, I was completely in the work zone.

I heard a soft plop beside me, and looked up to see a smiling Elizabeth looking over the cubicle wall at me.

"Hey." She said simply, her smile turning into a slight grin as my eyes turned the the bag she had dropped by my arm. Donut holes. ­­

"Hey yourself." I said back, looking back up to her. She let out a light giggle before she disappeared from view, sitting in her chair and getting to work. I checked the clock.

Seven forty-two.

She was still on time, as always.

Donut holes had never tasted so nice.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is dumb and I just wanted to post it because I am dumb