Status: Update when I can

Aren't We All Just Prisoners?

8

Alan was sitting in the back of his Calculus class, comprehending absolutely nothing of what they were learning.

He figured it was mostly his fault though, considering he'd been a little.. preoccupied these last several weeks. Him and Austin were only getting closer and closer, causing all off Alan's morals and doubts to slowly start to slip away.

If someone had told Alan a month ago that he'd be having an affair with a male prisoner it would have most definitely been the most ridiculous thing Alan had ever heard. The truth was, Alan could barely contain the butterflies every time he saw Austin.

The boy still had several doubts obviously, and would still never dare to admit he was gay; but Alan really would rather not have to think about it. So that's what he was doing.

The part that was really starting to scare Alan was the fact that he missed Austin like crazy every time they weren't together. He couldn't stop thinking about the man. His face, his smile, his laugh, his tattoos... his lips.

There was a part of Alan that really wanted to go farther than just kissing with Austin, but he was scared. And still a bit doubtful. In all honestly Alan didn't have a clue what the two of them were. They obviously weren't boyfriends or anything like that.

Several minutes later Alan was pulled out of his thoughts when his professor finally dismissed the class. He quickly grabbed his bag and followed the other students down several rows of seats before finally making it out the door.

When Alan had finally exited the college, he was starting to feel extremely restless. He didn't know why exactly, but for some reason he felt like he needed to do something... reckless .

He knew this feeling most definitely had something to do with hanging around Austin for so long, but before he knew it he'd left his car in the school parking lot and was walking down the street.

He hummed a made up tune as he strolled past several buildings, nothing really quite catching his eye. Alan walked down several blocks, simply taking in his surroundings while studying the various people he passed.

The boy was starting to get bored of this town. Nothing really interested him as he walked down block after block, that is, until he spotted one particular building.

At the end of the street Alan saw a large flashing sign adorned with the words "Tattoo" screaming at him to come closer. Tattoo's had always intrigued Alan, but he'd always been told by his parents that they were against his religion.

He couldn't help but think about Austin tattoo's..and how good they looked. Soon enough, Alan was standing right in front of the building, his urge to do something reckless only getting stronger.

Before he could stop himself to think rationally, Alan was opening the door to the tattoo shop and walking in. In no time he was talking to a guy at the front desk, going over ideas for his first tattoo.

Long story short, Alan was walking out of the tattoo shop several hours later with the word "California" tattooed across his left side.

He couldn't wait to see Austin's reaction.