Status: updates should come quickly :)

Water Colors and Drunken Pastels

promises

Vic

"Again," I sighed, my eyes squeezed shut and my trembling hands tangled in my bestfriend Jaime's wild hair.

"Vic, come on," he groaned, hovering over me. "It's not going to work... we tried like one million times."

"Well, maybe you're not doing it correctly," I complained rolling my eyes in annoyance as Jaime laughed at my stubbornness.

"Oh, I know I'm doing it correctly," he said, leaning in and burying his head into his previous spot in the crook of my neck, purring mischievously. "Besides, I've touched you a countless number of times and it has never worked." He then began to jokingly play with the skin hugging my collarbones, making me chuckle in defeat.

"Fine," I sighed, running my hands up his bare chest and forcing him to stop his path of destruction. My fingers traced the smooth, lifeless skin of his jaw and I gazed into his abyss-like eyes. "Tell me what my eyes look again." Jaime groaned distastefully, acting terribly annoyed with my wishes. "Baby," I grumbled. "Please."

"Ugh, fine," he mumbled, growing quiet before cupping my face in his big hands. "You've heard me explain it before, Vic..."

"I don't care. Tell me."

He smiled at me simply before leaning in and leaving a small peck on my lips. My eyes fluttered closed as he carefully bumped our noses together. "Your eyes... Hm, I don't know. Your eyes are warm... It's like I could be having the shittiest day and I could be cold and pissed and angry but all it takes is one look and I feel warm and safe and balanced. I feel at home."

I opened my eyes slowly, first the right one, receiving a colorless blurry image of my lover then the left eye. I frowned, feeling a burden of loneliness in the pit of my stomach. "How do you always explain it so well?" I asked Jaime.

"Years of practice," he teased me, grinning his signature smile that created small dent in his cheeks. Even in a colorless world, Jaime's smile could light up the room. I envied him. I was jealous of my lover who was handed the gift at birth. Ever since he was brought into this world, he had the ability to see everyone in their most truest forms, skin tones, hair colors, eye colors, every color possible. So, of course, being a human who didn't have that ability, I was jealous. I was jealous that Jaime didn't need another person to grant him the ability to see color.

I was also confused, you see, I loved Jaime dearly, yet I still saw the world as a colorless virtue. Why wasn't I lucky?

"Come on, dizzy dreamer," Jaime laughed, jumping off the bed and grabbing my feet playfully. "We have to go to school."

"Or," I began, scrambling after him and wrapping my arms around him from behind before he could escape. "We could stay here?"

"Uhm, yeah, no way," he chuckled, detaching himself from me and making his way across my tiny bedroom. "Vamos, mi pequeño amor... Vamos a ir a la escuela."

I groaned in displeasure, flopping back onto the bed and smelling the crucial endeavors Jaime and I left behind on the blankets. "I really don't want to go to school, Hime. I swear, the moment I step into that hellhole, I would definitely lose my shit... especially if I see that goddamn Kellin Quinn-"

"Cálmese, mi amor cálmese," Jaime said quietly, returning fully clothed. I sat up and scooted towards the end of the bed, allowing him to stand in between my legs. I pressed my forehead to his stomach, and took a moment to breathe in his fresh-linen smell and the small remains of the aroma of how it smells after it rains. I lifted my head lightly, staring at his lifeless skin and dreary, dark eyes. "Promise me," he began, cupping my cheeks in his rough hands. "No fighting. You know I hate it when you're violent."

"No promises," I retorted.

"Vic..."

"No promises."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys I know it's been a long time since I've updated but I want to explain myself. I've been slipping back into old habits and my depression is getting worse. I'm terribly sorry and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.

Please please comment and tell me what you think even though it's been a long time. Comment your thoughts, opinions, anything!

Love you guys x