Sequel: Chain Reaction

Fate

1/1

Image
We stood on the broken surrounding cliffs, watching the battle that would ultimately be our end. My brother lay dead on the ground, the other fighters watching in horror as Piccolo joined the fray below, My father watching on with dead eye's. I balled my fists, tears running freely down my cheeks as I watched my friend and future mentor, desperately trying to hold off Cell's attack.

We all gasped as Piccolo was sent hurtling backwards into the dirt by Cell – and yet he stood, shaking and obviously in pain. He was injured, we all were and yet there he was – Fighting to protect Gohan, to help in any way he could. My tears burned hot trails down my cheeks as my fists balled up tighter, anxious to join myself.

I felt energy surge behind me, causing me to turn and see Yamcha and Tien powering up.

“Now you're going?” Krillin cried.

“Hang on guys, I'm coming” I yelled, powering up myself. A hand grabbed my wrist, anchoring me to the ground. It was my father, his dark stoic eye's locked with mine.

“It's foolish.” He murmured. I felt Krillin fly off, streaming past us like a bullet.

“I have to dad...” I whispered, pulling his finger's off my wrist and going super saiyan. My yellow aura flared wildly around us. He scowled.

“You will die.” He stated, his voice straining. We both looked to the battle field, seeing Krillin, Tien and Piccolo on the ground.

“I don't care.” I replied, looking him in the face before taking off into the air, heading towards the carnage.

“CARDI!” I heard my father scream, but I didn't stop. I continued heading towards the fray, landing to the right of Cell. The other's saw that I had joined them and started to rise slowly, their bodies covered in blood and dirt.

“Cardi! Get back!” Gohan yelled, his voice cracking as he tried to desperately hold Cell at bay. I shook my head, lifting my arms and producing a ki blast. I let the energy build for a few moment's before I released it, sending it straight towards Cell. It hit, causing him to stumble slightly, but otherwise he was unhurt, only more annoyed.

“You can't save your friend little girl.” Cell smirked, watching me out the corner of his eye.

I balked, raising my arms to shield by face just as he released a small blast heading my way. It hit me, sending me flying backwards and landing next to the struggling Piccolo. He smiled down at me, before sending another blast towards Cell. I hissed as I tried to stand, every part of my body aching and burning, the tears running fresh down my bloodied face. My body was running low on energy, but I had to help in any way that I could.

I had to do this for my family, for my friends and for the world.

Standing completely, I hobbled back over to my previous position, raising my hand to send another ki blast. It was smaller than the last one and my heart sank as I realized I wouldn't even be able to make Cell flinch now. I sent it towards Cell's head, hoping it would do something, anything. My mind registered my father's energy flaring on the cliffs, raging and burning bright. I smiled, even as I was flung back again by Cell's blast, we all were. I landed on Tien, face down in the dirt.

I struggled to stand again, blood dripping from my face and arms heavily. My energy was almost all drained.

“You have no chance!” Cell yelled, laughing at Gohan. I felt the anger rise in me, taking me over as the other's behind me tried to rise.

“I'm sorry Gohan...” Piccolo mumbled.

I screamed, and flew into the air, drawing all my left over energy into a single final blast. My father joined me and spared me a small glance, before producing a blast himself.

Together, we threw them towards Cell, the blasts merging together as they hit him. He stumbled forwards, giving Gohan the opening he needed. Gohan screamed, walking forwards as his blast overtook Cells. I heard Cell screaming, as my father shielded me from the massive explosion, wrapping his body around mine and flying us upwards. I looked over his shoulder, to get a glimpse of the explosion. I was blinded by the blue light, flickering and flashing.

I gasped as the blast was directed into outer space by Gohan, the blue light finally leaving my eyes. My father let go of me, as we both turned to survey the scene before us. I couldn't sense Cell, his energy level appeared to be gone, but I couldn't be sure. I turned to my father, He looked half dead.

“Dad...Is...Is he gone...?” I whispered, observing his features. His gaze was focused on Gohan, who had finally lost his super saiyan two form.

“Yes...He's gone.” My father replied, turning to give me a pained smile.

“That was a stupid thing you did.” He stated, locking eye's with me. I smirked, feeling the blood flowing from a gash on my head slowing to a trickle.

“I had to do it, for the family.” I responded.

He nodded, lowering to the ground. I followed suit, walking over the now lying down Gohan. He was laughing as we stood over him, worn out from his ordeal. I scooped him up, cradling him to my chest as though he were a baby.

“We need to get him and Trunks to the look out.” I stated softly. Everybody nodded, and took to the air. I gave one final glance to my father, who was looking at the spot Goku had vanished from. I understood now, that my father did love us. I saw what he did for Trunks, I saw what he did for me, and my heart swelled. He loved us.

“Dad...” I whispered. He looked up to me, his eye's glassy and dark.

“Why...?” I asked softly.

“I could not loose a son and a daughter in the same day.” He responded, before flying off – away from the direction the other's had left in.

I sighed, looking down at Gohan and took off myself at full speed, following the other's.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, her name is Cardi, as in 'Cardigan' haha. I had to continue on with the clothing themed names for Bulma's children. I decided to make her an older sister to Trunks, as I thought it fit better than making a male OC. There was no female's at the Cell battle so I thought this would be a nice change. I wrote this watching the actual final episodes of the Cell saga, so I think I got most of it timed properly. I hope you like it :)