Status: A 4 shot story

I Chose the Path to Misery

****Four/Four****

"Here comes the bride.... big fat and white"

Lauren glared at Iker. He immediately stopped singing making me giggle.

The words of Cris when he told me he missed me still swirls in my head instantly wiping the amused smile off my face making Brittany notice.

"Hey bubba , what's wrong?"

I frowned at her 'nickname' for me making her smile , "I... nevermind"

I laughed and told her the story making her grin big , "babe that's wonderful. Why are your smile upside down?"

"It's not wonderful" I shook my head , "he cheated on me Brit. He has a baby with another girl.. I just , I don't think I can trust him"

She stared at me , narrowing her eyes in sympathy. "You wanna know something Nick?"

"What?" I asked , turning to look at her.

"I just found out about this , but the day after he ... err cheated on you , he came to Ik's apartment fessing up for what he's done. Iker told me that he cried , he said he didn't mean to do it but it was a moment of weakness. Cris didn't know what to do - he knew he had to tell you but he knew if he told you he would lose you and he didn't want that. In Cris's mind , not telling you seemed to be the better way and for a while it was , until the whore's lawyers called. Cris was a wreck when you left Nick. He didn't eat - didn't shower and he certainly didn't sleep. His game was off , he was benched for 5 games and he didn't even care. Lauren and I had to help him get over his depression but he's still not the same. Please forgive him Nicky , I beg you. Please take him back I know you want to"

I frowned and wiped a tear that was running down my cheek.

"Where is he?"

She grinned , "he's home. He told Sergio that he wasn't feeling too well but he'd be okay for the wedding. We both know he won't be okay until you tell him you forgive him"

I nodded , "please tell Lauren I'll see her tonight"

She nodded , "go get your man"

I walked out of the reception where Lauren was running like bridezilla trying to get everything [that was already perfect] even more perfect for the wedding tonight.

I drove off to Cristiano's house and quickly parked. I knocked on the door and it was Mama Ronaldo that opened up.

She broke out in a big smile , "Nicole! What are you doing here?"

"Mama" I grinned and hugged her noticing the boy in the playpen behind her.

"Come on in" she said and noticed me staring at the baby.

"Nicky... this is Cristiano JR"

I smiled softly , he was beautiful. Looked exactly like his father.

I walked over to him , he turned to look at me with his big chocolatey eyes and my eyes watered slightly.

I crouched down next to him , "hey Cristiano... My name is Nicky. I'm a friend of daddy"

He shook his head and tangled his small hand into mine and smiled

I frowned and stared wide eyed at Dolores who shut her eyes tightly.

"Cris told him that you're his mother. He showed him pictures of you and him together telling him that you were away for a while but you were coming back. He was sure you'd come back."

"Hey baby boy.." I picked him up and smiled lovingly when he gazed up at me , giggling.

"Where's Cris?" I asked Dolores who told me he's in his bedroom. Nodding , I held onto little Cristiano and went off to find him.

I knocked on the door , "pare de me incomodar mãe"

I opened the door , and took in the scene before me. Cris was laying on the bed with only his boxers on. His eyes was red and swollen letting me know that he was crying.

"It's not your mom" I said softly.

Cris shot up from the bed and clenched his jaw in a way that made me want to cry when he saw me with Cristiano JR.

He frowned sadly , "you look so perfect holding him"

"It feels perfect holding him"

Cris nodded and bit his lip

"What a-are you doing here?" Hope filled his voice , so bad that i knew if I told him somebody made me come to fetch him or something , his heart would be broken even more.

"You never gave me a chance."

He looked confused

"In the car" I put Cristiano JR down in his crib so he could play with his toys. "When you told me you missed me. You didn't give me a chance to tell you that I missed you too. That I wanted to be with you again and that I loved you. You didn't give me a chance to tell you that I've never even had a date after you because I couldn't get you out of my head and you didn't give me a chance to tell you that everytime some guy asks for my number or flirts with me that I feel so guilty I tell him that I have a boyfriend."

Cris's lips trembled , "I love you too Nicole. I've loved you everyday. I haven't had a girlfriend or a date as well. I never meant to hurt you and I wish I could take it back believe me I do. But I can't and it's breaking my heart that I can't hold you anymore - or kiss you or tease you about your fear for storms and your love for dessert although you exercise because you don't want to get fat. I hate that I can't whine when you read 'how to learn portuguese' in the middle of the night because you watched a soap and they said words you don't know. I hate that you don't laugh at me when I try to make you breakfast and I hate that I don't have you to come home to when I'm away at a game or even practice. I hate how you're not there to stop me from lashing out when we lose a game - or how you're actually the only one that makes me clean the house and not hire maids to do everything. I hate not having you , and I know it's my fault but I'm hurting so bad. I love you , so much and I want to hold you in my arms again with Junior and have my perfect family."

By now I was crying. Cris pulled me into his arms and soothed me

After drenching his shirtless body , I grabbed a piece of toilet paper and dried my tears.

"I forgive you Crissy. I do. I want us to be a family. And I know you told him I'm his mommy and it sounds so perfect when he calls me that"

Cris's eyes went wide , "h-h-he s-said 'mommy'?"

My eyes matched his , "oh no! You didn't know?"

"No... He's never talked before"

"Your mom sounded so calm when he said it. I thought he has spoken before?"

"My mom probably heard him talking before and didn't bother to tell me. She hates me."

"Cris , I'm sure she doesn't.."

"She told me I'm a disappointment Nick. My whole family thinks so. I fucked up with you and they haven't bothered talking to me. My mom only moved in because she babysits Junior when I'm on the road or at training."

"You should have told me Crissy"

"I didn't think you'd care. I was wrong obviously , I mean when don't you care?"

I smiled , "I'm pretty sure after today your family will 'forgive' you."

"Why?"

"Because we're back together aren't we?"

Cris's smile stretched from ear to ear "we are?"

"After you ask me to be your girlfriend again , yes. You know I love tradition"

Cris laughed and walked to his closet. I frowned in confusion but then he came back with a rectangular Tiffany's box.

"Nicole Benson , will you be my girlfriend again?"

I giggled and kissed his lips , "of course I will be your girlfriend again"

He smiled wide and pulled out a necklace and I gasped at the beauty :

The necklace itself was white gold followed my a diamond heart in another heart that was covered with small diamonds

"Cris it's beautiful"

"Not nearly as beautiful as you Nicky"

He then kissed my lips with emotions he had build up. The kiss revealed all the feelings he has hidden from the world.

We heard Junior squealing in the background and Cris smiled pecking my lips again.

"My perfect family"
♠ ♠ ♠
Portuguese words used :

1) pare de me incomodar mãe = stop bothering me , mother

The necklace : www.diamondonnet.com
Heart Shaped Diamond Pendant in Platinum gold

I know it said that Junior was only a month old - I meant a year since he can't talk when he's only a month old... sorry for the mix up but I really wanted him to talk :)

Thanks for the love xx :) U guys are awesome!