My Brother's Bandmates

Gym, Crushing, and Don't Tell Hunter or Dalton

“Well…this has been sufficiently awkward…I’m just going to go change my clothes and I think Kitty you should do the same.” I said trying to get out of the situation. I walk back to my room and change and Kitty and I then fill up our water bottles and walk outside. “Well that was weird…” Kitty commented as soon as the door closed. “Right…well I’m about to post an Instagram picture…” I replied then had her pose. We took the picture and got in her car. “Kitty I am so glad I came to live with you guys.” I said with a huge smile. “So…do you have a boyfriend?” She asked. “Not at the moment. But a guy friend of mine from high school texted me last night.” “Oooh an admirer.” She giggles. I roll my eyes at her. “He is not an admirer.” “Do you have a crush on him?” “I did a little in high school but he was taken.” Kitty gave me a sad look. “What?” Then her face had an almost cartoon like smile. “What if he is single?” Kitty asked. “I don’t know.” My phone vibrated because Grant texted me again. His text: Good morning gorgeous❤. I text him back: Good morning… :) I will talk to you when I get out of the gym. Grant’s reply: Have fun at the gym ;). By the way I am in Texas. My reply to him: Thanks Grant :). Okay awesome. Kitty shows me how to get to the gym and once we get there my phone vibrates again. Hunter tweeted me. Hunter’s tweet: @PunkFlyer Family, we may not have it all together. But together we have it all ❤.I show Kitty the tweet. “Awe that’s cute.” She told me. “Did your friend text you?” “Yeah. He said he was in Texas. “Wow that’s awesome. Are you going to see him?” “I don’t know yet. Shall we then?” “Sure.” We get out of the car and begin to stretch. We go and sign in and then get started with 25 push-ups then 30 crunches. After that a 50 second wall sit and then 15 squats. And repeat 2 more times. We were on our last set of squats when Grant called me. Kitty grabbed my phone before I could get to it. “Hello?” She asked holding me back. “This is Shelley’s friend Kitty.” She replies. She runs into the bathroom and locks the stall.
(Kitty’s P.O.V.)
“So…Grant…I’m just going to get right down to it…do you like Shelley?” I asked him. He paused for a moment. “Yeah…I think so…” He replied shyly. “Awe Grant that’s so cute.” I replied grinning from ear to ear. “The only problem is…I don’t know if she even sees me like that.” He sighed. “Well…what if I helped you?” “What do you mean help me?” He asked with a confused tone to his voice. “Answer that question …” I trailed off. “Oh. Yeah sure. Where do you wanna meet?” She continued. “Awesome! Text her the address.” She giggled.
(Shelley’s P.O.V.)
Okay… That’s it. I am going to kill her. I see her walking out of the bathroom with a cartoon-like smile on her face. “Okay she will see you there.” She said winking at me. “We have to get you home so you can get ready.” Kitty said smirking at me. We get back in to Kitty’s car and go back to the house. I stared at Kitty with a worried/ confused look in my face. “Why do you do this Kitty?” I need some answers. “You need to see him. Go get in the shower and I will pick out an outfit.” Kitty instructed with a mischievous expression. “Okay…” I sigh as I head to the bathroom. Why am I letting Kitty do this? I don’t even know if I want to see Grant. I go back into my room and I see the outfit Kitty picked for me. “Do you like it?” She asked. “Um…yeah I do.” “Yay!” Kitty replied excitedly. “I’m so confused Kitty. Why do I have to look so good to see Grant?” Kitty just gave me a blank stare. “Wow…Why does it have to be for him…?” “I guess it doesn’t but after talking to him you pick out this outfit...” I reply cautiously. She shoots me a look. "What?" "Ugh... Nothing." Kitty sighs. "Just get dressed and don't ask questions." She added. I follow her instructions and she does my makeup. We walk out and get in her car. "Are you even going to tell me where it is we are going?" I ask Kitty. "Nope." She replied popping the p. "Alrighty then." I sighed. "Do you remember what he looks like?" She questions. "Kinda...He has blueish-green eyes that you could swim in, milk chocolate brown hair, and those muscles...damn." I reply remembering my high school crush. "Very descriptive." Kitty giggles. I shoot her a look. Like can she not... "Seriously?! Where are we going?" I ask her. "It's not your concern." Really? Not my concern? I can possibly get drugged and rapped! You don't even know this kid! "And we are here!" She finally says. We are at this place called Moonshine Patio Bar and Grill. "Okay. Get out and go get your man!" She yelled as she kicked me out of the car. I get out of the car and Kitty drove away without another word. I texted Grant: Hey are you here yet? His reply: Yeah I got a table. I hear a voice yell: "Hey Shelley! Over here!" I turn to see Grant; hottest guy at my high school, captain of the football team, and all around great guy. The only thing that has changed is a haircut. I walk up to him and he hugs me. I stood in shock for a couple of seconds and hugged him back. It was weird hugging him for the first time since high school and we didn't even hug that often then because of his girlfriend. We sit down at a table and just start talking. "So…how have you been?" Grant asks. "I have been good. It's nice to be with my brother again even if he can get a little annoying." I reply smiling. "How have you been?" I added. "Good. Been moving for the past couple of days. And going to football practice." He answers. "Sounds fun." "So are you…um…seeing…anyone?" He stutters out. "Nope. What about you?" I question. "No, I am a single pringle." "Wow. I never thought I would see the day that the very popular Grant Rockwell is single." I reply giggling slightly. He shot me a smirk. "Low blow Knoche low blow." I started laughing. "Why did you ask me to meet you here?" I asked when I was able to breathe once again. "Well…for one…I wanted to see you. Two…I wanted know if you were single and three if you were single, if you wanted to maybe…um…go out…sometime." I was absolutely shocked. Grant Rockwell is asking me out?!