Status: Still workin' on it

A Heart Attack in Black Hair Dye

A Voluntary Kidnapping

By the time I got back to class, it was halfway over. 4th Period History was so boring, the teacher didn’t even pretend it was interesting. He just sat on the desk, reading a newspaper.

Which is exactly what he was doing when I walked in. The scene in Mr. Abernathy’s classroom was that of chaos. Typical. Students were completely disregarding the fact that this was supposed to be class. A group of jocks were throwing paper airplanes at the back of a kid’s head (who was slumped over, fast asleep), a couple of meaty guys were fighting, with a crowd surrounding them, and (who else) Brian was squishing a slutty, pink glitter miniskirt-clad girl to a desk, as they were sucking face and trying to rip each other’s clothes off. Mr. Abernathy just sat on his desk, reading, with his glasses pushed to the end of his nose.

“Um… Sorry I’m late, sir… I was in the nur—“

“Yeah, yeah, okay. Just have a seat or something.” He waved his hand nonchalantly. I rolled my eyes and walked past Brian and the slutty girl, and plopped my schoolbag down on a desk in the back of the room.

As soon as I sat down, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned and received a face-full of curly brown hair. Someone with a curly afro was right next to me.

“Hey! Aren’t you the girl that saved Gerard?” Said a voice that I couldn’t see the owner of. Afro Boy moved, and my vision was cleared. I could now see a boy with slightly angular features, with a light, coffee brown mop of hair and black glasses.

“Umm…well…I didn’t really SAVE him… I just…uhhh… Who are you?” The boy blushed and straightened his glasses.

“I’m Mikey, Gerard’s handsome and dashing brother. Gerard was the guy who you saved from Brian. This is Ray, my best afro-ified friend.” He gestured to Afro Guy.

I grinned. “Well, my name’s Midnight. And, no. I didn’t really SAVE Gerard. I just distracted Brian with something shiny, and his tiny brain lost focus on Gerard. But, he is pretty strong. Gerard must be tough to be able to last a minute with him.” I tried to make Gerard look a bit better in front of his friend and brother. I didn’t have to know him to know how pride works, especially in guys.
Ray and Mikey simultaneously gave each other an “oh, that’s hilarious” look and turned back to me.

“Okay. Whatever you say, Midnight. But I think Gerard would like to thank you in person. What do you say to us kidnapping you for lunch at our table?” Mikey winked and Ray just grinned wordlessly. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Sure, I’d love to be a voluntary part of your organized kidnapping. Hope the van is nice!” They grinned evilly.

“Excellent…”
♠ ♠ ♠
A short chapter, more to come soon. I just felt bad for not updating for a MONTH!! I'm sorry. Forgive meee?? *gives cookie*