Forever Young

1

The uneven stones of the wall we were sitting on dug into my hands as I put my weight on them.
The sun was almost setting; the sunset seemed to drag out forever.

I like it that way – forever.

I turned my head from gazing at the sea, eyes half closed from the golden, red, orange and pink light radiating from the sun, reflected in the water only feet infront and below us.

My gaze fell on the silver blonde girl next to me, her curly hair reflecting the sunbeams much like mine, only a colder, more pink shade. Her pale skin was coated in the same shade; her icy blue eyes were pink. She smiled at me with her light red mouth, before she continued singing with her soft, beautiful voice.

My gaze continued to the tanned girl on her right, blonde all the same, but in a warmer, more honey-like shade. Her hair was picking up on the golden and orange rays, and her dark blue, green, gray and yellow eyes shining in gold. She had a content, relaxed smile on her wide lips, much like her cat's, with her eyes half closed in the same way.

It was summer; we were free.

We were invincible. It made me think of the stupid song Carola sang in the Eurovision Song Contest. What was it, two years ago?
No matter.

We were; we were.

As the last tones of Alexandras pretty voice died out, they were replaced by my own; my voice not as even, as confident; there all the same.

Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while,
Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies,
Hoping for the best but expecting the worst,
Are you gonna drop the bomb or not?


Louise and Alexandra looked at me, before they joined in.

Let us die young, let us live forever,
Don't have the power but we never say never,
Sitting in the sandpit, life is a short trip,
Music's for the sad man


We had sung this song on graduation. We knew; we knew it well.

Can you imagine when this race is run,
Turning up our faces into the sun,
Praising our leaders getting in tune,
Music's played by the mad man


Some weeks had passed since graduation from what had been our school since ten years back. We had known eachother for ten years.

Forever young, I want to be forever young,
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever forever,
Forever young, I want to be forever young,
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever, forever


When we had sung it on graduation we had all spilled a tear or two... or twenty.

Some are like water, some are like the heat,
Some are melodies, some are the beat,
Sooner or later they'll all be gone,
Why don't they stay young?


But somehow, when we sat there, eyes only slightly teared up from the sunlight, it felt deeper. There was something more.

It's hard to get old without a cause,
I don't want to perish like a fading voice,
Youth is like diamonds in the sun,
And diamonds are forever


Secondary school in the fall would be different. We would be differnt; nothing would remain the same.

So many adventures couldn't happened today,
So many songs that we forgot to play,
So many dreams swimming out in the blue,
Let them come true


Except us together. The trio. ”Where's the third part?” our teachers used to joke when one of us weren't in school, and there was an empty seat beside us. Teachers that would never teach us again.

Forever young, I want to be forever young,
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever, forever
Forever young, I want to be forever young,
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever, forever
Forever young, I want to be forever young,
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever, forever
Forever young, I want to be forever young
Do you really want to live forever?

Forever, forever...


But it would still be different. Our principals speech of how you can never stop learning always taught us what a boring person she was.
But the words of future made mine and my classmates' eyes sparkle; with fear; impatience; anxiety; clear happiness.

The words of the future made mine and my classmates' eyes sparkle with youth.

For eachother, we would never be older than sixteen.

I like it that way – forever young.

My wavy hair was swaying in the wind as my eyes, orange in the light, as to match my hair, closed and I let out a sigh, and yawn.
Before long, Louise and Alexandra, Lollo and Alle, yawned and looked at me, Jojjo, accusingly, before their faces broke into smiles that competed with the sun itself, at my innocent expression.

The moment had passed; but we remained the same – different, all the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you feel left out, please stop with that, I love you all the same, in a different way.