Walk My Way

Jasper

Jasper squeaked as Alec poked him in the side. They were at the coffee shop trying to work on homework but as usual, Alec was being a distraction.

"Alec, my paper is due on Friday!" Jasper said trying to be serious but failed when Alec poked him in the face.

"You're no fun, Jas," he retorted with a fake pout which only made Jasper laugh.

He sighed before excusing his self to get coffee. Alec was going to be the death of him. They had been hanging out constantly for the past two weeks and had became instant friends and Jasper was beginning to like him. Alec was the perfect distraction to keep Luke off of his mind, not that Alec knew of Mr. Heartbreaker yet.

Jasper walked up to the counter to order his usual before his phone buzzed violently in his pocket.

-From: A
Call me.

Jasper stared blankly at the message before going back to the couch to retrieve his things.

"I gotta go. Don't worry, nothing serious. I'll just call you tonight, yeah?" Jasper spit out quickly and ran out of the door before Alec could reply.

Jasper ran all the way home before he threw his bag on the counter and sighed deeply before pushing the call button.

"Did you fail to tell me you were in London?" the voice on the other line exclaimed in his thick Australian accent.

Jasper sighed deeply. "I needed to get away, Ash."

"Well, a heads up would have been nice. What were you getting away from anyway?"

Jasper rolled his eyes at Ashton's question. Ashton knew very well what went on. "What else other than Luke?"

Ashton got quiet at this point which made Jasper look at the phone to see if the call had dropped.

"Jas, there is something you should know."

"Ash, what's going on?"

Jasper heard let out a sigh before continuing. "The band moved to London, Jas."

Jasper froze right in the middle of the kitchen. The one boy he ran away from was in the same city? How could this be?

"Look, Jas, come to my flat and I'll explain everything. I'll text you the address," Ashton said before abruptly hanging up.

Jasper stared blankly at the phone before dropping it on the counter. He didn't know what he would do if he had to face Luke.

"Jas! Are you home?" Azalea called from the front door which made him look up slightly as she entered the kitchen. "I saw Alec at the coffee shop on my way home. He seemed worried about you. Said you got a text or something and left abruptly."

Jasper just blinked at her and sighed deeply. How was he going to explain to Azalea that he ran away for no reason? "It was just Ashton. I kinda just overreacted when he texted me to call him."

She looked at him skeptically, knowing that there was more to the story but decided to drop it which Jasper was grateful for when his phone buzzed with Ashton's address.

"I gotta go run some errands. You need anything while I'm out?"

Azalea just shook her head and proceeded to her room while Jasper grabbed his phone and headed out the door.

It took about fifteen minutes on the underground train and five minutes of walking before Jasper was on Ashton's door step, knocking on the door. He knocked for about three seconds before the door was pulled open and the familiar Aussie was standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Jas," Ashton said as he led Jasper inside towards the living room. "I really didn't know you were moving here. I would've told you."

"How'd you find out?" Jasper asked which Ashton just smiled to and rolled his eyes.

"Well, you dork, I called your house to see how you were and your mom told me that you were here. We were friends without Luke, you know?"

Jasper smiled. "I know and it wasn't fair to you," he said before thinking back to Ashton's words. "You didn't tell my mom that Luke was here, did you?"

Ashton sighed and a look of mock hurt was etched on his face. "You underestimating me is insulting. No, I didn't tell your mom. Seeing you is a plus though. Never thought I'd have any of my mates back home live in London with me. So, how's school?"

Jasper smiled. It felt like old times when Ashton had became apart of the band. They were instant friends and he was always someone Jas could talk to. "It's great. It takes up my mornings for the most part during the week-" Jasper was immediately cut off by a sharp knock at the door and his eyes quickly turned to Ashton's.

"Go to my bedroom at the end of the hall. I'll be right back," Ashton said and Jasper was grateful for his understanding as he walked into Ashton's bedroom and pulled the door towards him, leaving it open just a crack so, he could listen.

"Hey, we have to be at the studio in ten. Let's go," an all too familiar voice said that made Jasper's grip tighten on the door knob.

"Shit, I forgot. I'll meet you out at the car. Gotta grab my jacket," Ashton said to Luke who went back to the car that was waiting outside.

Ashton quickly ran to the bedroom and opened the door. "I am so sorry. I didn't know he would be the one at the door. Just let yourself out after I leave okay?" he said before grabbing the jacket off the bed. "And Jas? Don't forget that I'm in London."

Jasper nodded and watched Ashton leave. Wait til he told Azalea what happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is appreciated.
Love
E