Walk My Way

Jasper

Jasper grins when Alec walks through the door of his flat. He wasn't sure when he started liking Alec but lately every time he saw the older boy, he couldn't help but having a stupid grin on his face.

"So, I say we spend the rest of this boring day watching movies and wasting life away," Alec said with a small smile.

Jasper wanted to tell him that he had an essay on Shakespeare due in three days but he didn't. Instead, he eagerly nodded. Alec went to Jasper's movie cabinet and laughed exasperatedly.

"Jas, how many movies do you have?"

"Quite a bit. Some of those movies I've had for years like the Harry Potter's and The Lion King."

Alec laughed and continued gazing at the cabinet before pulling out a very familiar movie. "I say we watch this."

Jasper looked at the movie and his smile grew. It was Finding Nemo, one of the movies Jasper couldn't live without if he tried. "I love that movie. Put it in."

~~~~

Jasper and Alec were about twenty minutes into the movie before Jasper's phone started to play Dear Maria by All Time Low. He read the caller ID to see Azalea's name flash on the screen and decided to ignore it before it rang five more times.

"Maybe you should answer it. She could be dying," Alec said with slight amusement in his eyes that made Jasper want to melt to the floor.

"Knowing Azalea, she probably wants to complain about someone being an idiot," he said, hoping that she would get the idea and stop calling. Of course, if there was something terribly wrong, he was sure he would feel it.

*I got your picture, I'm coming with you Dear Maria count me in...*

Jasper decided to pick it up, not even looking at the screen. "Azalea you better be dying or I swear to god..."

He was expecting Azalea to come back with some quick wit but instead he heard a small chuckle that he knew all to well.

"Hey Jas."

Luke.

Jasper went to speak before the door was opened by Azalea. "Jasper, I called you I don't know how many-" she stopped as Jasper looked at her, his face pale and eyes glassed over. He then knew that's what she called about.
"I'll be right back," he said towards Alec before getting up from the couch and walking into his room, shutting the door behind him softly.

"What do you want Luke?" Jasper said in an almost cold tone with a hint of sadness. In truth, his heart ached when he heard Luke's voice and he was desperately trying not to show it. Not to him.

"Well, I thought I'd ring you and see how you're doing?" Luke said almost casually which snapped something in Jasper.

"You can't just call me and ask me how I'm doing Luke. You can't just call me out of the blue and expect me to be okay with it. You dumped me for your image, remember?"

"Jasper I-" Jasper didn't want to hear it and clicked off the call before Luke could utter another word.

As soon as he threw his phone down, he broke down. Every tear, feeling, and memory that was bottled up for the last few months came out. Jasper slid down the wall and cried. About halfway through his breakdown, he heard the front door shut which made him cry more. Not because Alec probably just left but for the fact that he thought he could be happy.

~~~

It was close to three hours before Jasper calmed down and just stared at the wall in front of him. He was grateful that Azalea gave him his space through it all. He felt he would have cried more if she had walked through the door and he was already emotionally exhausted. His phone dinged twice from across the room where he threw it down and he decided to pick it up. He crawled over by his dresser and picked his phone up to read the texts. He had two from Alec, one probably went off during his break down both asking if he was okay and if wanted to talk about it to give him a ring. The other text was from Ashton telling him to send him his address because he was coming over which meant Luke probably told him what happened. Jasper didn't know whether seeing Ashton was a good thing or a bad thing but he sent him the address anyway saying he was probably going to need alcohol in system before the night ended.

Ashton knocked on the door about thirty minutes later which gave Jasper time to throw something on and try his best to cover up that he had been crying. Of course he knew that Ashton would know no matter how much concealer and eye drops he used. He was just glad Azalea had slipped out during his meltdown which meant he didn't have to face her.

"Ready to go, Jas?" Ashton asked and Jasper nodded, sending Azalea a text that he was going out.

It took about ten minutes to get to a small club on the other side of the university. It was small enough for Ashton to be seen in without swarming fans and crowded enough for Jasper to waste away and disappear. Of course, Jasper was technically still a month from being able to drink but at this point he didn't care. He didn't want to remember the last 6 hours in the morning.

About six drinks in, Jasper was laughing at something Ashton said that wasn't even funny. Jasper wasn't ever a big drinker so he was kind of a lightweight. Of course, in his state, he still reached for another drink which Ashton quickly took away.

"Jas, that's enough. Let's get you home, yeah?" Ashton said which Jasper quickly pouted about but knew he was right. Though he really didn't want to go home at this point. There were too many things in his room that he couldn't get rid of that screamed Luke's name and right now, he was afraid even alcohol couldn't help.

As if Ashton could read his mind, he motioned for him to get up and supported him when he did. "Come on. You can crash at my place."

Jasper just nodded, not caring where he was going as long as it wasn't his room.

After taking a cab to Ashton's flat and Jasper puking his guts up as soon as they got out, they were finally sitting in Ashton's room. It was simple enough with a bed, two dressers, clothes littering the floor and a few posters on the wall. Jasper really didn't get a good look in here before but it looked a lot like Ashton's room back home.

"You can take the bed. I'll take the couch," Ashton said before turning to leave.

Jasper sat on the bed and sighed. "Ash?" He said making Ashton turn around.

"Yeah, Jas?"

"Thanks," and Ashton smiled and nodded before going to the living room. Jasper laid back and sighed deeply. For now, his problems were just a fog in his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!!!!! I am not dead! Look, it's been a long damn time but I have new inspiration for this story and Lina and I will love if you gave us feedback!!!! Stay awesome guys!
-E