Can't Live My Life in Yesterday

Image


She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, smiling as she savored the salty wind that swirled over the deck of the ship. Nothing could match the feeling of sailing on the open ocean to young Emeline Cox. She had grown up around the water or on ships for as long as she could remember. She knew that being raised on a pirate ship wasn’t a normal upbringing for a child, but she loved living life on the open sea. Many of the men on her father’s crew had come to think of her in a daughterly way, so her childhood had been full of adventures. However, in her short 16 years, she had also seen the worst of life: cruelty, greed, violence, and disloyalty. She wore pants, boots, and a loose shirt, the same as all the men who lived on the ship. She was raised, from a young age, as a boy and a pirate. When Emeline was six years old, her mother passed from illness, around the same time as the captain of the ship. Even though a child was an inconvenience for a pirate, especially one that had just become captain, somewhere along the line, little Emeline, who looked eerily like her mother, had wormed her way into Ezra’s heart. He raised her the way he would have raised a son, and she began to command respect at a young age around the ship.
  1. Chapter One
    Note: *** indicates 17 year jump.
  2. Chapter Two
  3. Chapter Three
  4. Chapter Four
  5. Chapter Five
  6. Chapter Six
  7. Chapter Seven
    Note: *** indicates 17 year jump.