Status: In Time

To Caress My Day

Chapter 214: Maldives Island

Because Twigs had insisted on spending another night at her valuable friend Simone’s house instead of going to her boyfriend's place, she had to get up early to leave for the mystery surprise trip he had organized for her. She was appreciative that Seth wasn’t the least bit miffed by her sudden change of plans, and that he was actually elated with her decision while playfully stating he had actually been concerned she’d keep him up all night into the next morning with her insatiable sex drive. Naturally, she called him out on that while holding back a laugh. With her things packed, Twigs headed to the front of the house where she found Simone in the dining area closest to the living room wrapped in a thick robe with her locs piled up high on her head, drinking a cup of coffee. Grinning, she strode up to her and swooped down to give her a kiss on the cheek. “Morning, honey!” She began to retreat backward towards the front door at the end of the hallway behind her, her brown eyes locked on a sluggish Simone. “Like I said last night, I gotta get to Seth’s place as of right now. I’m sorry I have to go so soon and can’t stay for coffee. I promise that I’ll get a souvenir for you wherever Seth is taking me, though!”

Smiling smugly at the mention of the location Twigs still didn’t know about, but Simone did, she lifted her coffee mug to her lips. “Oh, sweetie, don’t you worry about all that. You won’t be able to find any souvenirs for me where you’re going. Trust me.”

Postponed on her way to opening the front door, Twigs narrowed eyes filled with displeasure at her former roommate. No one has made it a secret to her that they knew where Seth was taking her for this surprise trip. She was literally the only one who hadn’t been let in on it yet. Dropping her hand from the door handle, Twigs turned to fully face Simone and impatiently exclaimed. “Jesus, Simone! Are you gonna tell me where the hell I’m going or not?”

Despite how fairly bothered her girlfriend was getting with them, Simone’s lips were sealed on this matter. Shaking her head to herself, she rose out of her chair and traipsed down the door to the front door. She could see in Twig’s eyes that she was hoping for her to answer her question when she reached her, but Simone didn’t. Instead she let out a nefarious cackle similar to an evil villain, opened her front door for Twigs and then thrust the young woman out of her house, slamming the door behind her.
_________________________________________________________________________________
After arriving at Seth's mansion thanks to Derek, Twigs found her boyfriend in the living room, already up and lining his suitcases by one of his couches for the mystery trip ahead. Her brows rose inquisitively as she studied his two suitcases loaded with his stuff while he was completely unaware that she’d even arrived. “Where are we going, Seth?”

Snapping in his head in her direction, Seth grinned at the sight of his Pixie-like dozy girlfriend, and nodded towards the stairs. “I’ll tell you soon, my very patient lover. First you need to head upstairs and finish packing your own suitcase. I got a head start on it for you.”

Too lethargic to battle with him at the moment, Twigs headed up the stairs. She entered the bedroom with the intention of packing the new clothes she’d purchased with Simone and Odette’s help along with some other clothes she’d left behind at her boyfriend’s place the few times she visited when she noticed something different. There was an envelope lying right on top of the neatly folded clothes stacked in a brand new suitcase on the bed. Presuming it was for her, she picked it up and eyed the sketch of her boyfriend's head grinning back at her in the familiar Family Guy illustration technique. Opening the envelope, she unearthed two plane tickets to the Maldives island. “Maldives?”

Leaning in the doorway with a grin on his face, Seth softly inquired. “Do you like it?”

Spinning around in place, Twigs gandered between him and the tickets under thick furrowed brows. “I…I have no idea what this is.”

“Those tickets are to a remote private island resort.” Seth simplified for her. “It’s an island you can rent.”

“Rent?” Twigs echoed incredulously, the pieces to her surprise finally coming together. Her brown eyes flashed between him and the tickets again, but this time she knew what was going on. “Seth, did…did you seriously rent out an entire island for the two of us?”

“Sure did.” Seth certified with a proud nod.

Finding this unimaginable, Twigs tried to mentally recap what he just said. “Wait, let me just…is this what you had planned all along when you told me to take this week off for you?”

“Yup. And as you already know your friends partook in this finding of mine.” Seth replied.

Twigs’s mouth opened and closed like a fish as she strived to find something to say. She was struck speechless. Never in her entire life had she ever been on an exclusive island before. Hell, never in her entire life had anyone ever rented out an whole island for her. What does one say to that?

Taking in her silence, Seth’s cocky grin began to sink. He had to admit he foresaw her to be thrilled when she found out her surprise, only that’s not what he got. Gathering he had made a misstep in his arrangement for her birthday, he inquired glumly. “I take it you don’t like it then?”

“No no no, that’s not the case, baby, I’m super grateful for this!” Twigs scrambled to hearten him back up as she stepped closer to him. Anxiously, she struggled to make him understand what she was going through right now. “I just…I’ve never had an island all to myself before, you know? This doesn’t happen to me everyday like most rich people and so I…don’t really know how to react, I guess. This is just so…unbelievable, Seth.”

Getting where she was coming from now, Seth nodded. Renting out islands wasn’t exactly a frequent practice for him, and unlike her he had the money to do it regularly. This would technically be the second time he attempted this. The first time was when he was dating Avery. They hadn’t been there long because the woman never quit working and had allowed her career to be the reason their vacation was cut short. He never got the time to really enjoy it because he was in such a sour mood the whole time.

Lowering his eyes, Seth granted. “Yeah. I didn’t really get to enjoy the first time I was on a private island. Trip was discontinued prematurely.”

Frowning, Twigs inquired tenderly, seeing the subject deteriorated his mood. “Oh, baby, I’m sorry. What happened?”

“Work.” Seth said candidly.

Not wishing to overcast his mood anymore, Twigs let the subject go with a nod. Hoping to uplift his spirits, she vowed to him with a smile. “Well, you don’t have to worry about that on my end. My schedule won’t be getting in the way of this trip if you’re at all concerned about it. And yours?”

“I will chuck my phone in the ocean if they try to order me back!” Seth swore with a beaming grin.

Twigs let out a laugh before glancing back to her new suitcase to pack her new items alongside her old clothes inside.

Seth hadn’t planned on giving her a hand with packing her things but he ended up doing so anyway. Especially where the lingerie that she left behind in his place was concerned and the ones he acquired on his own while she’d been spending the day with Simone. He stowed those while her back was turned.

Gasping at the sight of a strappy harness lingerie that failed at hiding anything from sight, Twigs snatched it up and waved it in front of Seth’s face. “EXCUSE ME! Where did this little number come from, Mister?”

“What are you talking about? That’s yours, Pixie.” Seth blatantly deceived with a wicked smirk.

“Seth, I know my lingerie. THIS is not it!” Twigs disagreed, unable to erase the smile off her face.

“Alright, fine! I went out and did a little shopping of my own while you were with Simone.” Seth confessed with both hands up.

“Do you really think I’m gonna wear these tiny scraps of material on that island for you?” Twigs challenged him. She knew full well she would, but he didn’t need to know that right now.

“I do, in fact. We’ll be alone on a private island after all with no one around.” Seth reminded her.

“Whatever.” Twigs ceded, casting the lingerie in her suitcase to please him.

The couple got back to packing the last few essentials before Seth checked his phone. “Derek will be here in 20 minutes. Wanna make out until he shows up to pass the time?”

“I was hoping you’d say that.” Twigs answered before throwing herself and him onto the bed.