Status: In Time

To Caress My Day

Chapter 218: Let's Make A Bet

While Twigs enjoyed a full body massage in the next room, Seth hung back in the office to skim through his emails and return a few short video calls from his co-workers and family. He hadn’t intended to pull what his ex-girlfriend had pulled on him during their regretful vacation. Work had been left behind in California as well as his reality there. But his girlfriend, or pretend wife, supported him to look in on his emails and such because she loved him and knew how much of a workaholic he was.

The couple got through this time apart until a cook from their private culinary team in the kitchen notified them that their dinner was ready. Seth was on his way a few minutes later after wrapping up his video call with his dad and step-mother. While making his way down to the dining area of the resort, he suspended on his journey when his girlfriend rounded the corner dancing like a ballerina in a short backless mustard yellow flowy dress. For the split second she was there before him, he stood there watching her gracefully pirouette into the next room, completely incognizant that she had an admirer gazing at her. With an affectionate smile, Seth proceeded on his path and took the same route into the dining room as his dancing lover.

In the center of the room was a lengthy glass dining table enclosed by dark rattan bucket seats with snug cushions for the guest’s derriere. The silverware had already been set out beside folded mustard yellow napkins that matched Seth’s pretend wife’s dress. On the other side of the plates were crystal clear champagne flutes filled halfway with costly champagne. Deposited on the center of the table was a decorative crystal vase on display with lush white flowers inside. Overhead were three identical sheer lamps that must have been dimmed because there was a nice soft lighting going on in the room.

At one end of the table sat Twigs thanking a staff member for assisting her into her chair like the gentlemen they paid to be.

Stepping further into the room, Seth reached into his pocket for the wad of cash and extended it to the young man that aided his pretend wife. “Here you go. You and the rest of the staff can have the night off from here. I’ll see you all back here tomorrow at 10AM sharp.”

“Yes, sir! I’ll let the others know right away. You two have a wonderful night and please, don’t be shy to call us if you need anything at all.” The giddy man told him with a bow, his eyes flitting from the money in his hand to the man that was charitable enough to tip him a whopping amount. Bowing once more, he exited the room to dismiss any remaining staff in the resort.

Seth helped himself to the other end of the table across from his ‘wife’. “Good evening, wife. How did your massage session go?”

“It went fabulously, husband!” Twigs gushed, unable to wipe the gleeful grin from her face as she stretched her shoulders back and sighed blissfully. “Mmm, I literally ended up dancing out of the room all the way here because it was so nice.”

“I know. I saw you.” Seth exposed to her, using his knife and fork to cut into his seasoned fried fish.

“What!? I didn’t even see you!” Twigs exclaimed in shock that he had sighted her, but then burst out laughing, shielding her mouth with her hands. Waving the subject aside, she inquired of him as she lifted her flute to her lips. “Anyway, how did your work check go? Everything running smoothly without you or has the whole studio gone up into flames since you left?”

“The studio is fine, as well as the team.” Seth assured her, forking up some seasoned vegetables. “And by the way, dad says hi and wanted to be the first to wish you an early Happy Birthday.”

“You told him my birthday is coming up?” Twigs asked him, her brows rising in surprise.

“Why wouldn’t I?” Seth rhetorically asked before raising his champagne glass to make a toast to her, his brown eyes smoldering as he perused her golden skin in the dim lighting. That was a mistake. He felt his pants tightened under the table. “A toast to my beautiful wife. Happy Birthday, Pixie. I intend to make it one you’ll never forget.”

Raising her own glass to him, Twigs toasted him back. “Thank you. And I want to make a toast to my husband too for already making my life splendid and my times with him something I’ll never forget.”

“I’ll accept that.” Seth nodded, taking a sip from his glass all the while undressing her from over the rim. Setting the glass down, he questioned her. “So what do you want to do for your birthday tomorrow, Tahliah?”

“You mean other then having sex with you?” Twigs inquired playfully while chewing on her creamy seafood pasta.

Seth burst out laughing, thankful he hadn’t taken another bite out of his fish or else he’d be choking on it. “Yes, other than that.”

“I don’t really know.” Twigs said as she contemplated on her birthday, her brown eyes soaring up to the ceiling. “Other than eating, swimming, and having uninterrupted sex, I’m not sure what else we could do here. I forgot everything the staff listed to us when we first arrived on the island. I was so exhausted at the time I just wanted to find the nearest bed and die in it.”

“God, me too. I was right behind you, I believe you.” Seth could barely recall that lethargic day to mind, that’s how out of it he was. These days, he was feeling much more refreshed and invigorated to experience the many activities the island had to offer the both of them. He began to list those very activities to her from memory. “I remember snorkeling being one of them. Then there was…deep sea diving, sub diving, relaxing at the spa, wind-surfing, kayaking, and paddle-boarding. There was also something about sleeping under the stars. Oh, and sand bank picnicking.”

“Oh, we have to at least do the last one, Seth!” Twigs implored him, her big brown Pixie eyes pleading with him. Having a picnic on a sandbank was something she had never done before, and what better time to do it than on her birthday with her pretend husband?

“Pixie, this entire week is a celebration of your birthday, not just tomorrow.” Seth told her, cutting another chunk of fish to eat. “That means we’re doing everything YOU want to do even if you want to do 11 times in a row. That is if you have the energy to do it 11 times in a row.”

Snorting at him, Twigs brought up an earlier instance. “Excuse me? I seem to recall being the one that wanted to go try out the gym earlier today, but YOU were the one that was out of energy because we spent all day having sex at your persistance!”

“I don’t recall such a thing.” Seth shrugged it off, wiping his mouth with his napkin. “But what I do recall was you half-asleep during our lovemaking.”

“You, sonof-” Twigs cut herself off, trying not to smile and failing at it. Shaking her head at him, she pointed a finger down the table at him. “You’re SO lucky I’m sitting way over here or else I’d throw a drink in your face for that, you lying bastard!”

Seth leaned over with a sexy smirk. “Oh yeah?

“Yeah!” Twigs confirmed with a sure nod, her eyes never leaving his.

Throwing out a threat of his own, Seth leaned back in his chair. “Well, in that case, I’ll have to rip that tiny little dress of yours off then and fuck you on this dining table.” He enjoyed her brown eyes liquifying with lust at his specific design before he ruined it. “That is until the table breaks from under us and impales our bodies onto large pieces of glass.”

“Jesus, that sounds awful!” Twigs cringed with a frown, no longer turned on for him. “Now why would you go and say something like that? You’ve spoiled the moment!”

“I saw an opportunity and I took it.” Seth confessed, holding his hands up in surrender. “I’m sorry.”

Leaning back in her chair, Twigs looked him up and down suspiciously. “So you don’t think I can keep up this week, eh?”

“Nope.” Seth answered with an optimistic smile that reiterated his certainty.

Crossing her arms over her chest, Twigs swore to him. “Let’s make a bet then. I bet you I’m gonna be able to make it effortlessly…unlike you!”

Rubbing his palms together, Seth replied with. “Hmm, I see. Challenge accepted then.”