Status: In Time

To Caress My Day

Chapter 234: My Heart Will Go On

“The guy should be coming around the corner about now…” Seth informed Twigs through their video call in a distant voice as he texted away on his phone to some nameless person. From all the way in California, he organized something in secrecy for their first Valentine Day because he knew they’d have to spend it apart due to his work. Bent to give her the best that he could from across the ocean any-damn-way, Seth had secured a battalion of flower bouquets to be delivered to her home along with something else he’d hoped would help boost his girlfriend’s spirit.

“Who?” Twigs inquired of him, a hint of a smile on her face as she leaned closer to her laptop sitting on her kitchen table. Left in the dark of Seth’s schemes, she had no choice but to wait for him to bare everything at his own leisure. It wasn’t gonna stop her from interrogating him for answers though. “Who is coming around the corner?”

Raising his warm brown eyes to his own laptop opened on his office desk, Seth grinned at her. “Look out your window and you’ll see.”

Impatient to find out who was coming by, Twigs hastened to the window to thrust it open to the frigid winter and stick her head out. Her eyes searched for something out of the ordinary people walking along the sidewalks bundled winter coats, but there was nothing. Frowning, Twigs glanced over her shoulder directly at her laptop, and hollered to Seth. “I don’t see anything.”

“Give them a minute.” Seth told her, still grinning though he couldn’t see her on his screen.

Twigs leaned further over her couch as she waited for anything to happen. Eventually, something caught her eye. A group of people hauling instruments rounded the corner of her building only to stop in front of it. The guide of the group was texting on his phone as he eyed her building up and down.

“Pixie, do me a favor and stick your hand out the window and wave at them. I want them to stand directly under your window.” Seth instructed her from the laptop.

Doing as her boyfriend said, Twigs waved a hand out the window and called out to the band glancing around for her. They followed her call to her window, gave her a nod and began to converge under it. Shouting out a Happy Valentine’s Day, the band got their instruments out and began to play a song.

Not recognizing the tune from his side of the video call, Seth frowned and called out to his girlfriend for musical knowledge. “Babe, what are they playing out there?”

“My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion!” Twigs giggled, covering her flushed cheeks with her hands.

Rolling his eyes at their selected tune, Seth rested his chin on his hand. “That’s not the ditty I picked.”

“I don’t care, I love it!” Twigs gushed with hearts in her eyes as she mouthed along to the lyrics.

Shrugging it off because it made her happy anyway, Seth listened with a smile as his girlfriend began to faintly sing along with the band’s melody. Once they were done, he heard his girlfriend holler her goodbyes and blew kisses to the band. Frowning in feign jealousy, he shouted out to her from the laptop. “Hey! You better save some kisses for me. I’m the man that hired them in the first place!”

Laughing at her boyfriend being a jealous baby, Twigs shut her window and returned to him. “I’m sorry, baby. Here’s your well-deserved kisses.”

Smiling at receiving his earned kisses now, Seth greedily waved the invisible kisses to him , shaking his head from side to side so they’d imprint all over him. “Mmm, that’s better!”

Twigs opened her mouth to speak when she was interrupted by a knock on her door. Her smile fell as she glanced at Seth suspiciously. “Is that you too?”

“You bet it is. The very last part, dinner and dessert.” Seth declared to her with a wink.

In awe once again that Seth has done so much for her, Twigs weaved through the various bouquets to answer the door. According to the delivery woman, Seth had ordered her vegetable pasta with a bottle of wine, and cheesecake for tonight. Flanking her was a team that were hired on to help set up a table for her if she so wished. Politely declining the extended offer, Twigs took her meal and wished them a goodnight. By the time she returned to her boyfriend, she saw that he was talking to someone else standing on the other side of his laptop. Deciding to keep silent, Twigs leaned back in her chair in wait before all of a sudden her view of Seth turned and she was face to face…or in this case eye to eye with Mike Henry. Slapping a hand over her mouth, Twigs fought not to burst out into giggles.

“Well, hello there!” Mikey Henry greeted her in his Cleveland Brown’s voice.

Whipping the laptop back around to face him again, Seth fought back a smile as he ordered his employee. “Beat it, Mike! Get out of here and leave us alone!”

Getting up after Mike handed over his dinner delivered by his favorite restaurant, Seth followed him to the door to lock it before retaking his seat again to unpack his dinner, his mouth watering the whole time. “Alright, Pixie, we don’t exactly have a lot of time here because I have to go to a meeting soon.”

Disheartened that their first Valentine Day was being limited due to his job, Twigs shrugged it off and chose to be thankful that they were even allowed to have this moment at all. That was a miracle in and of itself. “It’s okay, I get it. Let’s just enjoy the time we have together.”

The couple quickly ate their separate dinners together while in two different countries. They kept a steady conversation going filled with laughter, words of love, and updates on their lives since they’d been apart. They hadn’t finished catching up with each other’s lives before there was a solid knock on Seth’s office door in reminder.

“Goddamnit. I’LL BE THERE IN A MINUTE!” Seth hailed to the door as his eyes glared at it and whoever was on the other side reminding him of the meeting he was missing. Returning his attention to his girlfriend, a discouraged Seth let out a long weary sigh as he apologized for his botched attempt of romancing her. “I’m sorry, Tahliah. I…I tried.”

“I know, Seth. I know you did.” Twigs comforted him, understanding what he was going through despite her heart detesting the stumbling blocks in their lives that only seemed to bulldoze them further and further apart. “I understand you have to do what you have to do. I’m not angry with you.”

Running his hands over his drained face, Seth let out a fractious groan before stating. “This Valentine's Day sucks.”

“I agree, the circumstances really suck.” Twigs concurred, trying to mask her pain as she picked at her cheesecake, wishing they had more time together. “I’d rather have you all to myself to be honest.”

“I’m there with you.” Seth agreed and was about to reluctantly bid his girlfriend a goodnight when she reached for the buttons of her top and began to undo them. Stilling in his seat, Seth’s eyes enlarged as he stuttered. “Uh…w-what are you doing, Pixie?”

“I’ve missed you so much, Seth.” Twigs whispered, biting on her lower lip as peeled her shirt back far enough to display her lacy bra. Shrugging the material off so she was only in her bra, she smiled when he discharged a ravenous groan. She couldn’t help herself, she missed him. She missed touching him and making love to him. And now that they were running out of time, she needed to let him know it.

“Undo your bra for me.” Seth ordered Twigs, swallowing hard while being devoured by his lust for her from even the mere sight of her in a bra. Because they didn't have time for this, she promptly unclasped her bra. The view of her perky small breasts tore a curse from him, melting him into putty in his chair. He had to forgo her. He couldn’t let her win. Skirmishing for control, Seth lamented pitifully. “Tahliah…you’re gonna give me a boner I have to sit with during a meeting with my co-workers!”

“I’m sorry.” Twigs apologized though she wasn’t the least bit contrite for her actions. With a smile, she preoccupied herself by rubbing her small dark nipples under his wanton gaze, teasing him to the brink of his control, praying he’d lose it and stay with her even longer so they could touch themselves.

“FUCK!” Seth cursed in sexual frustration, having no choice but to end it without goodbyes by slamming his laptop closed, or else he’d skip the meeting to masterbate to her while she watched.

Twigs let out a laugh because she’d driven him to that point of ending the call abruptly without an amorous goodbye. And yet now that she was all alone again, tears of loneliness came to her eyes. Picking her fork back up again, she quietly ate her cheesecake while crying her eyes out, topless. It was a strange sight to see, but she couldn’t care when she was suffering from a deep depression that had no cure.