Status: In Time

To Caress My Day

Chapter 252: A Homage To Aretha Franklin

Twigs contemplated what moves she was gonna make tonight. Her friends, Neon Jungle, wanted to go out and have some fun at a Karaoke bar that just recently opened up. Twigs hadn’t seen her friends in what felt like ages since they got the fortuity to go on tour with THE Jessie J. It wasn’t THE Neon Jungle tour like they’d dreamt of countless times before, but nevertheless they went voyaging on an actual tour throughout the UK! It was a pivotal moment for them and one they would forever cherish.

Just as ecstatic for them to be back home again, Twigs wanted to celebrate among them tonight. But to go to this karaoke bar meant she needed to spend some money and…she didn’t really know if she had any money set aside for an occasion such as this. Amira, as always, read her mind like a psychic and offered to pay her way in so she wouldn't have to be put in any financial strains. The old Twigs would’ve kindly thanked her for her offer and then politely declined, but she likely didn’t have the money tonight to go with them and celebrate so it didn’t give her any other options that wouldn’t ruin the mood.

Letting out a heavy sigh, Twigs bit back a smile as she looked up at Amira while the rest of Neon Jungle got dressed for tonight’s adventure. “Alright, you win. Thank you for tonight, Amira.”

“Girl, please! You don’t have to thank me.” Amira waved off her thanks. “Just picture it…how fun would it be to go out with your girls again without having to worry about what’s in your pockets all the time?”

“The amount of fun I have with you guys always makes my day, that is true.” Twigs agreed as she got up from her couch and walked over to her coat rack to grab one of her few outwear attires.

“Yo, where do you think you’re going dressed like that?” Jess hailed to Twigs with a look of disapproval over her current outfit. “You seriously need to get DRESSED dressed for this, Twigs, like right now!”

“Alright alright!” Twigs laughed, abandoning her choice of coat to make a dash for her closet.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Neon Jungle and Twigs had entered the Karaoke Bar like an hour and half ago and were having the time of their lives! Tucked in a private rainbow lit area that was constructed to look like a traditional Japanese room, the employees kept their drinks flowing as well as the delicious platters of food. They sang their own songs off their phones and sometimes grouped together on others. They were drunk and well fed, and the happiest they’d been in a long time since their life’s aspirations divided them up. The plan was the end of their karaoke night would wrap up with Neon Jungle singing their new song ‘Waiting Game’ off their soon-to-be album, but then Twigs got to wanting to pay a homage to Aretha Franklin by singing one of Amira’s mother’s favorite songs. Completely onboard with it, everyone jumped up to regroup on the step-high platform that was meant to be their karaoke stage. Over their shoulders was where the lyrics were meant to be projected onto the wall by the projector setup behind the couch, but the ladies wouldn’t be needing it. They knew this special song by heart. When the beginning instruments began to play, Shereen took center stage and swung her hips to the beat. Behind her the rest of Neon Jungle along with Twigs took up the rear as the back up singers and followed her dance step by step.

What you want, baby, I got it.
What you need, you know I got it?
All I’m askin’ is for a little respect when you get home.


All together, Jess, Twigs, Asami and Amira all sang along in the background with open-mouth grins on their faces, their cheeks flushed from the liquor they’d been consuming all night.

Just a little bit. Hey, baby!
Just a little bit. When you get home.
Just a little bit. Mister.
Just a little bit.


Jess hyped them up emphatically as she moved forward to the center stage to sing the next part.

I ain’t gon’ do you wrong when you’re gone.
I ain’t gon’ do you wrong cause I don’t wanna.
All I’m askin’ is for a little respect when you come home.


Just a little bit. Hey, baby!
Just a little bit. When you get home.
Just a little bit. Yeah.
Just a little bit.


Taking hold of the microphone next, Amira rubbed her fingers together to sign money as she turned to sing to them instead of the empty couch they’d been occupying together up until now.

I’m about to give you all my money.
And all I’m askin’ in return, honey.
Is to give me my propers when you get home.


Yeah, baby.
Just a, just a, just a. When you get home.
Just a little bit. Yeah.
Just a little bit.


Finally the microphone was bestowed upon Twigs who leapt to the center stage with the energy of a toddler and belted her verse out like she was serenading the entire superbowl as she rotates her hips in a perfect sexy circle.

Ooo, your kisses, sweeter than honey.
And guess what? So is my money.
All I want you to do for me, is to give it to me when you get home.


Yeah, baby.
Re re re re. Whip it to me.
Respect just a little bit. When you get home now.
Just a little bit.


Leaping forward without the microphone, Asami shouted with one hand pointed up to the ceiling.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB, oh!


Laughing along with everyone else at how hyped Asami was at the moment, Twigs sang down the mic.

A little respect.
Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me.
Whoa, baby!


Twigs handed the phone to Asami who draped an arm around Shereen so they both could sing together.

A little respect.
Just a little bit. I get tired.
Just a little bit. Keep on tryin’.
Just a little bit. You’re running out of fools.
Just a little bit. And I ain’t lyin’.
Just a little bit.


Amira got the microphone next so both her, Jess and Twigs could swarm close together to wrap up one of the world’s biggest hits.

Start when you come home.
Re, Re, Re, Respect Or you might walk in.
Just a little bit. And find out I’m gone.
Just a little bit. I gotta have.


As the song faded away the girl took their time dancing their way back to the couch to devour more food and liquor. As Twigs draped her arm around Amira’s waist to give her a side hug, the taller one asked her. “See? Isn’t this better than staying at home all alone cause you’re too stubborn to accept help from even your bestest friend ever?”

Twigs couldn’t look her in the eyes and lie, not just because she was drunk, but also because it wouldn't be the truth. “You’re damn right! This has been the best night of my life, girl and I love you for it!”