Status: In Time

To Caress My Day

Chapter 261: Vomit Or Not!

By the time late morning made its rounds, Seth awoke on the stony floor of his pricey hotel room with a cushy pillow tucked under his head and a small matching blanket draped over his slumbering form. With his head aching from a hangover, he let out a whiny groan and shifted underneath the blanket to extend out his limbs. That’s when he found out due to the sheets rubbing up against his bare skin that he had to be naked. Taken aback by this realization, Seth went motionless before glancing down through heavy eyes and peeling back his blanket to glimpse for himself how naked he was. Thankfully, his black briefs were down there too to ensure that he wasn't entirely without clothes.

But wait, where had his shirt and pants gone?

Frowning to himself, Seth tried to recall what had transpired last night that would lead to his absence of attire. Sadly, he was unable to muster any memories due to the hangover bludgeoning his skull open like a jackhammer. Lowering his head back down onto his pillow, Seth let out a hiss of pain as he reached up to grab both sides of his skull and pushed in as if that could somehow relieve the pain. For a second it almost seemed to work, but then he loosened his grip only a little and all the pain kept tumbling on back. Cracking open his eyes, Seth surveyed his surroundings through a squinted vision. He was back in his hotel after last night’s drinking and escapades...

But how did Seth get here?

No matter how hard Seth tried, he couldn’t recall how he made the voyage back to the safety of his hotel. He figured calling one of the fellows of the Bachelor party up and probing them for answers would shed some light on what happened last night, but then suddenly out of the corner of his eye, he spotted movement on the opposite side of the room where another couch was located in the second living area of his hotel room.

Avery Jenkins, Seth’s ex-fiance, was sitting on the couch…and buttoning up the front of her maxi dress. Unlike Seth’s state of dress, Avery had most of her clothes on minus her heels and the thigh-high stockings she’d worn the night before. Her blonde hair which usually fell in glossy ocean waves down her shoulders was tousled, shattering her always perfectly polished presentation. To him, she looked like she had just woken up.

Woken up?

From what?

Seth’s brown eyes snapped wide open at the gut-sinking possibilities that engulfed his mind. He didn’t realize he had opened his mouth and had spoken before it was already too late. “Avery!?”

At Seth’s startled tone spiking the morning’s serenity, Avery turned her head to glance across the room at him. Giving the disorderly man who looked like he drank himself straight to hell a sunny smile, she greeted him warmly. “Good morning, Seth. At least it looks to be so for me. I wouldn't say ‘good’ is a good choice of word for your present state.”

Lurching up into a sitting position, Seth struggled to form some kind of reply to her morning greeting, but he couldn’t come up with a full complete sentence. His brain couldn’t comprehend what the hell was going on here! Or more like what the hell went on last night for the both of them to be here in HIS hotel room alone and undressed!

Meanwhile, Avery was on the hunt for her other stocking which turned out to be missing somewhere. Rising from the couch, she began to scour all the places in Seth’s hotel room she remembered passing through last night. Her endeavors were coming up with no leads until she entered the living room where her ex-fiance still sat on the floor, holding his head. Poking out from underneath him was her missing stocking. “There they are!”

“Huh?” Seth could only manage as Avery strode over to him and bent down to snare her stocking that he’d been lying on before he sat up. At the view of the sheer material, he felt his stomach violently jolt.

“Thanks for finally giving them up, you thief!” Avery playfully blamed Seth with a wink before straightening back up.

Practically sick to his stomach at this point because he didn’t know how the hell they both ended up here in his hotel where he was now only in his underwear and she was getting dressed from god knows what happened last night, Seth made an erroneous decision of launching to his feet. His delicate stomach objected to the severe and sudden movement and so it lashed out by buckling his knees out from under him, causing him to fall backward onto the couch behind him. Sinking into the furniture that saved him from splitting his skull open on the cold marble floor, Seth’s mind was trying to work overtime against his hangover. He had to pick up the pieces of what went down last night during the combined Bachelor and Bachelorette party at that underground club underneath the Casino! But all he could come up with were the facts he blatantly knew.

Seth was naked except for his briefs. But when did they come off and where were his clothes?

Avery was getting dressed from being undressed…but how undressed had she gotten last night before he woke up?

Literally, Avery’s stockings were located directly under him when he fell asleep sometime in the night. DIRECTLY under his naked body!

After a lengthy pause of disintegrating refusal, Seth’s mind could only lead him in one direction. He and Avery had slept together last night. Just stating it in the privacy of his own mind was enough to drive him to bend all the way forward on the couch with a hand on his queasy stomach, his emotional brown eyes boring down into the swirling patterns of the marble below his feet. He had to know the truth. He had to…but goddamnit he wouldn't be able to stomach it if they slept together! He’ll literally puke his guts out all over the floor!

Screw it, Seth had to know the truth, vomit or not!

“A-Avery…” Seth managed to stammer out, the war going on in his stomach causing him to break out in a cold sweat.

Avery didn’t respond, her eyes concentrating on getting her toes into her tight sheer stocking.

“Avery!” Seth tried again, his voice coming out stronger and steadier however there was a lace of absolute hysteria in his voice.

“Hmm?” Avery answered, having heard him this time. She was now rolling her stocking up her smooth-shaven legs, her mind trailing off to Clinton and how he adored to peel them off slowly. Just because of how sexy he made it look, she now always made sure to keep a pair of stockings on hers just in case.

Licking his dry cracked lips, a very pale and shaking Seth blurted out. “Di-did we have sex last night?”

Barely picking up on what Seth said, Avery busily slipped her foot into her delicate strappy heels. “Sorry, what? I didn’t catch what you said.”

Seth was on edge, to the point of shattering like glass. He couldn’t allow himself to move a single muscle in his body or glance Avery’s way. If he dared to, he knew there was a good chance he was gonna snap and likely launch his coffee table out of the large pane of glass of his hotel room. Two walls out of four were made of glass to give their guests the best view of Las Vegas and its Strip, and one could only hope the coffee table didn’t make it all the way to the bottom and crush a poor pedestrian’s head in.

In a voice audible enough to be heard loud and clear, and also vented his despair and frustration, Seth yelled. “DID WE HAVE SEX LAST NIGHT!?”

With a mellow speed, Avery let out an amused laughter that seemed to forsake his fears. While slipping her other foot into her shoe, she guaranteed him with a merry tone. “Absolutely not, MacFarlane. We did not sleep together last night, nor will we be sleeping together today, or ever again!”

That should have been enough for Seth, but his mind found it hard to believe. Avery had to be lying to him! Finally glancing at his ex-fiance, he desperately demanded an answer to their current state. “Then tell me why the fuck you’re getting dressed for if we supposedly didn’t have sex last night!? That doesn’t seem at all strange to you? Hmm? What woman has to put her dress on after getting drunk with her ex-fiance in his Las Vegas Hotel if she hadn’t jumped into bed with him? Not to mention the fucking fact that I was lying on the floor in my goddamn underwear! Where’s the fuck are my clothes!?”