Status: In Time

To Caress My Day

Chapter 97: Fool Proof Plan

The kiss Seth and Twigs shared seemed to take forever for them to end. Eventually, Seth reluctantly pulled his lips from hers and lifted himself on his elbows so he can looks down at her beautiful face. Her face was a bit flushed, and when she opened her eyes she simply smiled up at him with happiness. She lifted her hands to cup his face in such an adoring way it made his heart swell. Seth returned her smile before leaning down to press a gentle kiss on the tip of her nose, only pulling back to whisper to her. “Welcome home, Pixie.”

Twigs couldn’t help, but giggle. “Thank you, my good sir. I’m glad to be back.”

Seth let out a sigh of content before they both fell into a peaceful silence. They continued to stare at one another, lost in their own thoughts. As amazing as it always was to have her there with him in the flesh, or be there in the UK with her in the flesh, Seth knew it would all end up short lived. Soon, very soon, she’d have to leave him again, and fly across the sea to her home. No matter how much it killed him, no matter how much it killed her, they always ended up separating in the end. With his heart now feeling heavier than before, Seth’s brow furrowed from its burdened weight. “Tahliah, I…I don’t know how much longer I’m gonna last with this whole repeatedly separating from each other all the time. And don’t let me get started on the long distance that always sits between us. Pixie, I want to be with you always, and I mean ALWAYS.”

“I know, baby, I know.” Twigs agreed with him, the happiness in her eyes also dimmed somewhat. She felt the exact pain he felt about them walking away from each other after only a few days or a week of being consumed by their love. But they had their own lives going long before they ever met each other, and neither one of them were ready to make a sacrifice for their love just yet. He wasn’t going to drop his career for her, and neither was she, nor matter how small, or successful it may become for her. “But we have our careers that we both strived very hard to build, and neither one of us are ready to give that up for the other.”

He couldn’t help, but nod in agreement, especially when everything she said was the truth. He wasn’t going to drop his shows, or his music for her, and neither will she drops her singing and dancing for him. Still, despite all that, it didn’t change how deeply he felt about her and how much he suffered whenever she wasn’t with him. “I still miss you though. Every minute of every damn day you are on my mind, and no matter how much I drink, smoke, or burying myself into my work, I can’t get you out of it.”

Twigs frowns at that last part. “Wait, you smoke?”

“Not as often as I use to…actually I meant to quit the habit long ago, but this distance between us made it too hard to resist it.” Seth answered truthfully.

“You shouldn’t smoke, it’s not good for you.” Twigs informed him, in case he wasn’t aware of the negative side effects of smoking. Her fingers slowly ran through his hair as she looked him over. “But I feel the exact same way you do, baby, so you’re not alone. To this day I still expect to see you standing by the counter in the café we met every time I go in.”

Seth chuckled at that. “Really? The café?” He shakes his head incredulously before the thought of the café made him think of food, and made him wonder if his lovely girlfriend had had anything to eat since she arrived in LA. “Speaking of café, are you hungry?”

“Oh my god, yes! I’m starving to death!” Twigs whined overdramatically with a cute pout on her face.

“Oh whatever, Drama Queen!” Seth laughed as he rolled over onto his back and returned his gaze to her. “How about we’ll make us some lunch since my ass was too lazy to cook us something up, or even fake a takeout meal as my awesome culinary skills at work, and then afterwards we can take a shower together.”

“Okay, but what else do you want to do for the rest of the day?” Twigs asked him, wanting to know if today was planned all with the bed in mind, or if they were gonna attempt to figure out a way to go out together in public.

Seth’s smile dropped completely. He didn’t really have the rest of today planned, but he supposed she would have to know why that was eventually. He turned his eyes upward to look up at his ceiling. “Unfortunately I have to go back to work later on today after I take that shower.” He turned his head back to look at her. “Got a lot of work to do, you know?”

Twigs was crestfallen, and she didn’t try to make it seem otherwise. “But, baby…”

“I know, I know, Pixie.” Seth assured her as he rolled halfway on top of her and kissed her on the lips a few times before pulling back so she’d look him right in the eye. “But I promise you, Tahliah, I’ll make it up to you. Tonight, I plan on taking you out to dinner to a small restaurant nearby, how does that sound?”

Twigs went slightly pale and her eyes widen in panic at what he was suggesting. She lifted her head off the floor a bit and frantically shook her head at him, declining his offer without hesitation. “No, Seth! We can’t do that! People are going to see us together, and before you know we’ll be all over the news and splashed across every magazine in the country!”

Seth raised a finger. “And that is exactly true IF the Seth MacFarlane took you out tonight, but if instead a simple gentleman named Albert Stark, a newspaper stand owner from New York turned out to be your date no one will blink in your direction, now would they?” Twigs stared up at him for a minute before bursting out into a fit of laughter that wiped the smile from Seth’s lips only to bring it back wider than ever. “What!?” He sat himself up to look down at her. “What’s so damn funny?”

Twigs could only managed to hold out a hand to silence him, and shake her head as she held her stomach and laughed. She needed to get every giggle out before she could explain to him why she was so tickled by his idea. After a while she managed to gasp it out between laughter when it didn’t appear as if the laughing would stop. “What the…hell…are you…talking…about!?”

“Okay, look I know it sounds crazy, but just hear me out for a second, alright?” Seth asked her as the last of her giggles finally died down. “I had a dream last night that has been on my mind all day. Do you remember that time when you dressed up as the niece, or cousin to a friend in my hometown that I grew up with? What was her name, Melissa? Remember how you walked into my building, and got to see the behind the scenes of everything that went on with my shows all under the disguise of a completely different person?”

Twigs gave him a nod, her laughter all gone. He had her undivided attention though there was still a faint smile that curled the corner of her lips.

“Well, my plan is to do exactly that except this time I’ll be the one in disguise.” Seth revealed to her with a proud smile.

Propping herself up on her elbows, Twigs gave him a look of doubt. “Yeah, but Seth you’re a public figure. Do you really think wearing a monocle and a top hat and calling yourself Albert Stark will make YOU, The Seth MacFarlane, disappear completely from the public’s eye just like that?”

Seth was the one to throw his head back and laugh this time. “Are you serious? You really think I’m gonna step out of my house wearing a monocle and top hat and call myself something else? No, Pixie, that’s too easy. I actually have a much better, and fool proof plan.”

Becoming curious about his secret plan, Twigs raised an eyebrow at him. “Well, aren’t you gonna tell me what it is, baby?”

Seth shook his head, and stood up. “Nope, I’m gonna leave that as a surprise for later on tonight. Trust me, you’re gonna love it…now, where are my clothes?” Searching around the floor, Seth began to pick up their discarded clothes that were scattered around the living room. Of course, her jumper and bra had been removed down the hall, but he planned on getting that as soon as he was done getting his brief on.

Twigs allowed him to win, and keep his surprise plan a secret from her. She reached out to grab the clothes he tossed into a pile by her foot and began to get dressed so they could hurry up and have something to eat together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Twigs

Seth