Be Not so Fearful

One

The apocalypse crept on us. We never did believe the warnings the new put out. I mean, how many times were we warned about the end of the world and all these end of the world epidemics? How many actually happened? None. Plus, with all the lies the media always put out, about us and fellow celebrities, why start believing them now? To say we were in pure shock the first time we ran into a walker is an understatement. We were just lucky that Harry, being the only believer in the zombies, had his knife on him. The walker crept up, we heard its guzzling sounds and he whipped around and stabbed it in the head. Claiming that had he not read all the comics as a kid, and Call of Duty as a teen, he wouldn’t have known to go for the head for an instant kill. I owe him my life- we, owe him our life. Ever since his act of bravery I have had a new found attraction to him. He was quite literally my hero.

In that moment we knew the news had not lied to us this time. We went straight to Cabelas, a hunting and camping super store and stocked up. Sure, we didn’t know how to use the weapons but we would learn. We bought all the guns, ammo and knives we could. We didn’t know when this would end, or if it would end. We gathered other necessities, like water and food with no expiration date. With all the movies we watched, especially This Is The End we had to do portion control. Nobody goes thirsty or hungry.

That was three weeks ago. We got by this long because of Liam. He had bought a house in Beverly Hills a year previous to this and we had plenty of room for all of us to stay comfortably. There was obviously the One Direction boys, Louis’ girlfriend Eleanor, Zayns’ fiancé Perrie, my best friend Demi (yes, Lovato) and myself. A total of nine. We all had a strong bond. But now the supplies were low and we had to take action on what we needed to do. I voted we went South, towards capitol. But Liam suggested North to Canada. He thought maybe it didn’t reach that far, maybe we had a shot to live longer till the epidemic got there. But the capitol had to have answers and possibly a cure. Nobody wanted to chose a side so we were left to battle.

I had leverage. Liam feels like this is his fault. We were supposed to go back to London the week before this happened, and he wanted on last goodbye party in the U.S.A. So, we stayed. Not like we had anything else to do. But since the airport is obviously shut down, we were stuck. Liam never physically said he felt guilty but it was so evident in his eyes. We all know how he felt but didn’t want to bring it to his attention in case it made him feel worse. We only had two SUVs to travel with. Knowing we had to make a long journey whichever direction we went, Zayn and Louis braved the walkers and stocked up on gas, stealing it from abandoned cars and gas stations. We were set.

“Look, Canada is chilly. Maybe those things can’t survive in the cold. And what if it hasn’t even reached it there?” Liam said. We all stood around the island in the kitchen. He was at one end, I was at the other facing him. Demi and Harry beside me, Niall and Perrie next to Liam. The others between us. Everyone had their poker face on, not showing any emotion as to what side they are on.

Though I knew Demi was on mine and probably Harry. We had been flirty and he would be on my side no matter what.

“Look Liam. If we go south it will be warmer. We will be more vulnerable in the cold whereas in the heat we will be better off. And the capitol HAS to have answers.” I countered. Both my hand placed on the counter.

“I think Canada will have more civilization. Just a gut feeling.” He shrugged.

“No, we can’t go off a gut feeling. We need to think what will be best for us.” I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. Arguing with Liam Payne wasn’t fun in the least bit.

“Or.” Eleanor started. “We split in two. Whoever agrees with Liam goes North, whoever agrees with Kassi goes South.” She said. I gaped at her. Harrys’ forehead was crinkled as he stared her down.

“No. Fuck that. Why would you suggest something so stupid?” I spat. I was mad as is, that was really pushing it. Louis sent me a warning look. I didn’t care, I love El to death but this was absurd.

“You two won’t stop fighting. Might be for the best.” She shrugged.

“No. We are stronger in numbers. We may disagree and argue but we won’t be splitting.” Liam stated. I couldn’t agree more with him, finally.

“Sure. Whatever, Liam.” She rolled her eyes. Someone sure is sassy today.

“For fucks sake, El. You go out there right now. Right fucking now and you tell me numbers don’t matter. If you come back, that is.” I seethed. “Those things aren’t human. They are monsters who will stop at nothing to kill us. We split up, we are in more danger split apart than together. What part of we are stronger together don’t you get? We are a fucking family!” I said slamming my fist on the island. Causing Niall to jump. Harry put a soothing hand on the small of my back. I continued with the reassurance.

“For all we know our families are dead and we are all we have now.” I choked out.

“KASSI, STOP.” Louis cried, pulling Eleanor to his side.

“It’s the truth. It’s best we be realistic.” I said leaning into Harrys torso. Him and Demi were my rocks in this whole ordeal.

“No, it is best we have hope. Can we please just decide before we lose all the daylight. Niall piped in. Liam and I sighed simultaneously looking at each other.

“Fine, we go South. And if we don’t find what we need we go to Canada?” I suggested giving a defeated sigh. He hated losing.

“Fine. It’s decided. Now let’s go.” Zayn said grabbing Perries hand and leading her upstairs. We started weeding out, until it was Harry, Demi and I.

“I can’t believe El. The audacity to suggest we split up.” She growled. I laughed and wrapped my arms around Harry, he pulled me closer. Demi smiled at us.

“Damn. If I had a camera to capture this moment, I’d post it on Instagram, Twitter AND Facebook.” She pouted. I giggled at her. I could only imagine what the Directioners would say about us.

“I miss how life used to be. The end of the world sucks.” She half joked. Trying to keep the mood light. I nodded in agreement and looked up at Harry. His eyes bore into mine. He traced my lips with his pointer finger.

“Kiss me.” His voice barely audible, soft, low, almost a whisper. There was no way Demi heard. I shook my head.

“Not until I know you love me. I don’t want to get hurt again, Harry.” He nodded, not wanting to pry and kissed my forehead.

“I wish we weren’t doomed to our certain death.” He mumbled. Demi nodded in agreement.

“I have hope there’s a cured.” I smiled.

“What did you say earlier? ‘Let’s be realistic’?” He smirked.

“Shit.. Let’s just go pack” I giggled, for the first time in weeks. I smacked his bum and ran for my room.

We were packing to go South.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello guys! I have some new found inspiration!

Let me know what you think!

Comments are so nice and truly make my day:)

Let me know if this is a keeper and if I should continue or not!

Love you all, Kassi!