Status: On Hold

From Friends to Lovers

Permission

I sat off to the side watching Vanessa get her hair and make-up done, we were doing rehearsals for the movie ‘Rush’ I was excited that she got the part. Although every day we done rehearsals she had to wear a blonde wig that made her sweat, she didn’t very much like it to say the least.

I smiled slightly when she crossed her eyes as the hair dresser started putting on the wig. “I think I’m just going to dye my hair blonde, this wig is so thick and hot.” I chuckled at her, “I’m being serious, Chris!” She pouted making me roll my eyes, “It will be okay.” She just sat and pouted about it until the hair dresser was done.

Walking to the set was silent until she spoke up, “We have next week off so I’m dying my hair.” I nodded and smiled down at her, “Whatever you want, love.” She wrapped her arm around mine and leaned her head against my upper arm.

People talked about her not being any good for the movie when they learned she got the part, she surprised them with the first day of rehearsals. People talked about her hair not looking right for the film because sometimes her real hair would slip out and show against her wig.

People always talk, though.

--- ♥☾♥---


When Vanessa said that ‘we’ had time off she really meant only me, because she had to fly and meet with her dad to get the rest of her things from the loft her and her mother shared. I was lonely without her; I didn’t know what to do with myself.

So of course I found myself on a plane two days in, once I landed I called a cab, headed to my hotel and settled in before getting another cab then texted to find out where she was.

I arrived at her old complex and headed up to her loft, the front door was slightly ajar and I could hear yelling from inside; I sat and listened for a second before even trying to enter.

‘How dare you fire Madison over a phone call from your father? You couldn’t even have the guts to do it yourself, you are pathetic.’

‘You are nothing but a pathetic little whore who tried to kill herself.’

‘Both of you need to shut the fuck up and get away from her. So get out!’

I rolled my eyes at the three voices and tapped my knuckles against the door before pushing it open. The sight before me made my face flush with anger and my fists clench. Vanessa was sitting in the floor facing the door crying, her right cheek was blood red and looked like a hand print.

Her mother was standing over her and was practically seething with anger herself and Madison she was sitting on the couch with her nose stick in her phone she didn’t even offer to look up from her phone.

“What is going on?” I asked angrily, Vanessa’s head snapped up and I watched her franticly scramble to her feet before rushing into my arms. I hugged her tightly as she cried into my chest, “What happened?” I said softly, “Nothing that concerns you.” Nikki sneered making me glare over at her, “When it involves my girlfriend it does concern me.” I snapped loudly making her and Madison jump.

“Now I think I heard, Jeremy tell you get to get out.” They both exchanged looks so I yelled at them, “Now!” They left in a hurry slamming the door behind them. I looked at Jeremy; I was confused on what I just walked in on.

“Uh, I’m going to go finish packing.” Vanessa whimpered before walking off towards her bedroom. “So… what just happened?” I asked running a hand through my hair, “They showed up and started on her, I tried to get them to leave her alone but they followed us into the living room and Nikki put her hands on Vanessa.” I blew air out of my mouth and sat down on the couch as he started closing up the boxes.

“Can I ask you a question?” I asked quietly, I honestly thought he didn’t hear me. “Go ahead, Chris.” I cleared my throat and thought over the words. I grunted and stuck my hand in my jacket pocket and pulled out a tiny velvet box before looking over at him and clearing my throat. His head jerked over to face me; his eyes went wide as they fell upon the ring.

“Chris.” He whispered out his eyes darting between me and the ring, “I want to ask her to marry me.” I whispered back, “But I want your permission first.” I watched nervously as he was silent then all the sudden he started crying and nodding his head, “I give you my permission, Chris.”

A grin over took my worried face, “Because I know you will take good care of her.” I nodded and thanked him over and over, that is until I heard her soft voice calling for us and her footsteps in the hallway. I quickly snapped the box shut and shoved it back in my pocket.

“What do you have?” She asked with a small smile on her face, “Nothing, babe.” I said with the same smile. “Uh sure, Mr. Hemsworth.” She said with a joking tone, “I need help, boys.” Her father and smiled at each other before following her into her room.