Until you love me

The hospital

You wake up with a very sore head. The first thing you notice is the tubes coming out of your arms, and that the whole room is white.

"Good God! I'm in the hospital!" You say quite loudly. Lots of people give you funny looks and you blush. Your head hurts like a bitch and you lie down on the mattress, staring up at the ceiling.

"Grandma, I told you! I'm too young to marry!" speaks a male voice from the next bed.

"Don't be silly! Of course you're old enough to marry! I was married to your grandfather when I was 19." An elderly voice coughs. "You there! In the next bed!" you look over. Does she mean you? "Yes you! Would you marry my grandson??" You open your mouth and look at the boy, who is staring at his feet, obviously embarrassed. You smile at the old lady.

"well I don't know, I've never met him before." You state. The boy looks up with an "I owe you one" look in his eyes. You're startled to find how beautiful they are, a bold shade of green that you immediately get lost in. You stare at each other, until you look away, blushing heavily. A nurse comes in and starts asking you questions.

"Name?"

"Jasmine Simmons"

"age?"

"18"

"Date of birth?"

"14th February 1990"

"work?"

"'Ye ode cafe' as a waitress"
After she has asked you many more questions she leaves you, with nothing to do except slyly watch the cute boy with his Grandma. You realise for the first time that he now knows your name, age, and where you work! If he was smart enough to listen that is. Out of the corner of your eye you see a different nurse walking up to the boy and his grandma. She asks the old lady all the questions she asked you and then turns to the boy.

"And you are..??" She raises her eyebrows as if to say "If you can go then please do"

"I am her grandson" He answers her with a small smirk playing on his lips. Only then do you notice he has a lip-ring.

"Name?" The nurse is now taking down the boy's details.

"Alex-ander Andrews."He replies in a bored voice.

"age?"

"19"

"Date of Birth?"

"23rd October 1989"

"Work?"

"No not at the moment"
She gives him an odd look at walks away. He catches your eye again and you blush again.

"Alexander, I want more water!" The lady in the bed next to you whines. Alex looks at her as though she is mad, but soon realises she's talking to him. He walks away to get the water for his grandmother.

"So dear, What do you think of my grandson??" The woman asks in a croaky voice. She sounds as though she has an infection in her throat or something. You smile at her.

"I don't know. I still don't know anything about him!" The old lady cackles.

"Oh, my dear! In my day none of us cared about that sort of thing!" You raise an eyebrow. Seriously how old was this woman? 300? You smile again and turn to look around the hospital. There are lots of old people with visitors. You can't help but feel slightly disappointed, you don't have any visitors at all! You glance at the clock next to you, its 12:30, and for the first time you realise how hungry you are. As if she could read your mind, a nurse walks in with a tray of hospital food. She smiles pleasantly at you, you return the gesture (sp?) and tuck in. Normally you would find it disgusting, but today you make an exception.
While you have been eating, Alex had returned with the water. He sits talking to his grandmother while she is eating. To pass the time you listen in,

"Grandmother! I have told you... I.am.to.young.to.marry!"

"Oh darling that is all in your head! You are old enough by far."

"I won’t!"

"You will"

"Won't!"

"Will!"

You giggle before you can control yourself. The pair of them look at you. You blush and look away, pretending to be immensely (sp?) interested in your bed cover. You look over again for a second, just to see whether they have turned away, but you're disappointed to see they haven't. You raise your eyebrows at Alex and he quickly looks away. The grandmother however, grins at you. You smile wearily back, just out of sheer politeness.
Hours pass, Alex leaves and the old lady sleeps, while you read a book you have never even heard of that someone left in on the table next to your bed. It’s some thriller, making you scared of anything that moves ... and it happens to be set in a hospital!

"great!" You mutter to yourself "now I will be forever scared of those white things they wear over their mouths in surgery!"
Slowly, you fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

The next morning you wake up with most of the pain gone, and you're finally let out. As soon as you get home you're on a mission, to find Hayley, and stay away from Michael.

"Hmmm not as easy as it sounds" You mutter to yourself as you walk down the road to your house.
You let yourself in and yell as loudly as you can,

"Honey!!! I'm hooome!!" The sound of your voice echoes around the house and a pang of
sadness shoots through you like a bullet from a gun. You live by yourself.
♠ ♠ ♠
aww poor Jasmine = (