Until you love me

The flashback

Flashback

You have run away, you had to. Mummy wouldn't buy you a new Barbie when your sister had broken your old one. This would teach her a lesson. You are sitting on a park bench with the setting sun in front of you. You have sat there for hours now, waiting for them to come and find you. But they have never come. But you remain stubborn, and sit quietly until you hear someone behind you.

"Excuse me, miss. But you're sitting on my bed" You turn to see a man in rags standing over you. Quickly you stand up to let him sit down.

"now shove off!" He shouts at you. You're scared as you are only 7. So you run back home, only to find nothing left. There are firemen wandering around with hoses, one of them spots you.

"Did you live here?" He asks kindly. You nod, not knowing what to think or do. He looks at you sympathetically.
You don't cry, you simply stand there with a shocked expression on your young face.

Your grandmother had been given custody, as it said in your parents will. Everyone in that house had died, all your clothes, toys, memories, pets and family had perished in the fire. You had nothing and no one except for your grandmother.

"We've got to look out for each other now, Jazz"

She had said, but what she meant was "You've got to look out for me" She had made you do everything, cook, clean, sew and shop. You were her slave. It had been a blessing when she died, and as you were over 18 by 3days you had been allowed to live on your own. Now, 6 months later and you're still alone, with no one or nothing that even resembles a family, all you have in the world is Hayley. And now you don't even know where she is, or whether she's ok.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, It's short, so sue me!