Until you love me

The realisation.

You wake up in the morning with a huge smile on your face. Memories of last night come rushing back as you wander into the bathroom to take a shower. The hot water cascades down your back.

When you're done you climb out. The whole room is filled with steam, but you hardly notice. You begin to blow-dry your hair. Next, you straighten it. It slowly turns from ultra curly to dead straight. You like it that way. You don't really notice what you wear. You just grab anything from your closet. You're just about to sit on the sofa to watch TV when the phone rings. You pick it up.

"Hello?"
"JASMINE! Oh my god! You're ok!"

"Hayley!!"

"Yeah, who else?"

"Are you OK?" You ask, hopefully Michael didn't get her too.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Listen, I am so sorry about my brother! I think he was drunk or something"

"Yeah. Is he there?"

"Sure, thankfully the police didn't get him! He doesn't need another criminal record"

"Can I speak with him, please?"

"S-sure" She sounds surprised that you would even want to speak to him.

"Thanks"

"One sec ... MICHEAL!" You can hear him shouting 'what?!' in the background.

"It's Jazz, she wants to speak to you!" There's a lot of clattering.

"Hey Jazz, listen I want to tell you about ..."

"Yeah, why did you beat me up?" You demand.

"That's the thing, Jazz! Listen, You know my mate, the one who ... helped?"

"Yeah..."

"He thought that you were selling drugs in his name. Completely stupid of course! Anyway,
he wanted to Kill you, literally. He was drunk out of his mind, nothing he said made any sense whatsoever. I said I would help out, but I didn't want you dead, Jazz. So I said that I'd kill you,' cause I had more experience, and less to drink so I could go on for longer. He agreed, but I only made you unconscious, Jazz. Please ,please don't hate me." He sounds desperate.

"I- I don't hate you, Michael. Just a little, scared." It's true. You don't hate him, it's impossible to hold a grudge on Michael, even if he did beat the shit out of you.

"I know" He whispers.

"Listen, Michael. I really have to go. And don't worry, I won't be scared for long."

"One more thing, Jazz, I would stay away from Josh. Cause, he thinks you're dead"

"Sure."

"You'll be ok, Jazz?"

"Yeah, yeah. Don't beat anyone else up." You giggle.

"I'll try not to."

"Alright, see you."

Hang in there"
You hang up, and settle down on the sofa. Strange as it is, you actually believe Michael. There's a picture of you with him at the park from a year ago. He's giving you a piggy back ride, and you're almost falling off. You both look so young and happy. You sigh sadly.

"Being alone really does suck" You mutter to yourself before switching the TV on.
♠ ♠ ♠
awww poor Micheal .