Until you love me

At the stream

For the rest of that week, nothing much happens. You go shopping with Hayley twice, and don't buy anything on either trip. Right now, you're sitting on a bus, on your way back home.

You haven't heard from Mark since your date with him a week ago. Now that you know Hayley is not hurt, and that Michael was just trying to help you, you don't have much to worry about. An image of Alex slips into your head as you stand up to get off at your stop. The thought of him makes you smile. You mentally slap yourself for letting the thought of a boy bring a smile of happiness on your face. Your phone buzzes, making you jump, it's a text message from Mark.

Hi Jazz, what you doing 2day? love Mark x

You reply:

Nothing, just chilling. Just got in from shopping with Hayley.

You click "Send" and slump back onto the sofa. A minute later your Phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jazzy, you want to hang today?" It's Mark, again.

"Sure. Meet you at the park in 20?" He says ok, and hangs up. Quickly, you re-apply your make-up and brush your hair. You laugh at the absurdness of it all, you're only going to meet him at the park, not at some fancy restaurant.

20 minutes later, and you're sat on the swings, gently rocking back and forth. You feel someone stopping you, and you look around, expecting to find Mark on his own. Instead you see Alex stood there, grinning. You stare at him for at least a minute before his smile falters.

"Um, Jazz?" He smirks, waving his hand in front of your face. You shake your head, and smile at him.

"Hey, Alex!" You say, a little too over-enthusiastic. He raises his eyebrow at you, and you smile, before turning to Mark.

"Hey Mark." You say, before hugging him. He hugs you back, and strokes your hair.

"Hey Jazz" He smiles. You hear a small cough coming from Alex's direction, and you glare at him. He looks back with an innocent expression.

"Come on!" You wail 15 minutes later. "Tell me where we're going, already!" Both boys have trapped you in the back of their van, and driven you down the main road. You're not worried that they're going to kidnap you, 1. because you have you're Phone with you, and 2. You have a black belt in Karate. If they tried anything funny with you, you would just kick them, hard. It was just annoying, not being able to know where you are. What if there was a crash, and both Mark and Alex were injured, you wouldn't be able to tell the Hospital where you were. But when you tell them this, they just laugh and speed up. You wonder whether they have a death wish, to either get into a car crash, or be beaten up by you. After another 5 minutes of arguing with them, they stop. You jump out of the Van and look around. Not another human body is in sight, it's just you, Mark and Alex.

"Can you tell me where we are now?" You ask, hopefully. You look around the deserted car park and smile when you see a path leading downwards. You hope that it leads to some kind of water, water has always appealed to you, even the rain.

"Err .. No can do. Sorry" Grins Mark, he leads you down the over grown path, Alex is behind you. You love everything about this place, its smell, its appearance, even the sound. It's just the wind rustling through the trees, and after a minute you come to a gurgling stream. You almost squeal in excitement, and you run down to the edge. Mark and Alex laugh at you, but their paces quicken too. You all kick off your shoes and begin to paddle. The cool water feels refreshing on your feet, and the wind tangles your hair. It comes as a shock when you stand in a deep part of the stream and fall into thigh deep water. You must have looked funny, because Alex didn't stop laughing for five minutes. Even when you pushed him over, after Mark had pulled you out, soaking wet, did Alex stop laughing. He was laughing so much, he didn't notice Mark whisper something in your ear. You smirk. When Alex's back is turned you and jump on him.

"What the -" He shouts as you tumble over. Know you're sat on him, he's lying in the water, soaking wet. His shirt clinging to his skin, so the muscles are even more defined. You smile cheekily at him, and he grins. He tries to sit up, but you don't let him. You keep him firmly on the ground. He smirks at you, and before you have chance to figure out what's going on, he flips you over, so you're underneath him. You giggle, and try to break away from his grasp.

"Oh no, you don't" he whispers in your ear. A shiver crawls up your spine as his breath tickles your ears.

"Ahem." You both look round, to see Mark sat on a rock, with a sceptical expression on his face. You blush, realizing how close you are to Alex. You shove him off you and walk over to Mark.

"Guess your plan worked." You tell Mark. Who grins and nods. Alex is sat in a pool of water, watching the delicate ripples surrounding him.

The way home is strange, No one speaks. You just ... sit there, watching the world outside pass by at high speed. When you finally reach your house, you jump out of the Van after quickly yelling "Bye!". You race up the path to your house, but turn quickly when you hear someone behind you.

"Alex!" You're surprised that he came up here.

"Yeah, listen, Jazz, about this afternoon... I -"

"its fine, we were just playing" You interrupt.

"Yeah" He sounds deflated, as though that wasn't what he wanted to say at all.

"See you soon, Alex." You turn to open the door, but you spin around when you feel a hand on your back, you jump when you see how close he is to you.

"Jazz .... I, I'll see you tomorrow" He sighs. You smile and nod, before turning again and opening the door to your house. It's dark, and cold, so you decide to watch a film, it's only 6:00 anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
hehe, anyone want to make me a banner for this???