Status: In-Progress (updating once a week)

Demolition Lovers

*Prologue*

"But Gerard, please come tonight. It's Pencey Prep's second show and it's not that far from your house. I'll even pick you up." Frank pleaded through the phone.

"Hmmm, I don't know Frank. I might not be able to make it." I replied.

"Pleaseeeeee, Gee Bear?" He begged, I sighed; feeling my resolve start to crumble.

"Okay, I'll see if I can go. What 'bout Mikey?"

"Yeah, he’s with me; invite your friends as well." I snorted, what friends?

"Well, I guess I’ll see you tonight, Frankie." I replied, "See ya, Gee." I smiled, the nickname bringing back old memories.

It was an odd day to hold a concert, with Tuesday being in at the start of the week. Things like concerts and gigs are usually on weekends or Fridays.

I put my phone down and walked into my room to get ready, I owned a small apartment in Belleville, it wasn’t much but at least I had somewhere to call home I guess. When I was dressed in my black skinny jeans and a plain white tee, I grabbed my leather jacket and made my way out of the apartment.

The trip to Manhattan, where Frank lived, was almost a three hour drive, considering the traffic at this time of day. But the ferry I usually took was only about a two hour trip; so I was going with the latter today.

I had been on the ferry for about an hour and a half when I looked up and was able to see the sky rises of New York. Frank so owes me, my legs were going numb for sitting for so long. I looked back down at the sketch book placed in my lap, ready to continue sketching, but all I could hear was the back and forth bickering of the two teenage girls in front of me; about what I had absolutely no idea.

It was most likely something completely and utterly pointless. One girl had black hair, while the other had blonde, and as I saw the mother, she had brown hair. Weird.

When I looked at the mother of the two girls, she was doing nothing but texting on a small flip-phone; and although it reminded me of Mikey, I was annoyed that she wasn’t doing anything to quieten the two girls.

After about five more minutes of the arguing, they had finally shut up and I looked up to see the girl with black hair listening to an iPod through earbuds. I recognized The Smiths playing due to the alarmingly loud volume at which the music was playing at.

I once again glanced down and began to sketch in my notebook, it was the story of a man, a woman, and the corpses of a thousand evil men or as I prefer to call them, Demolition Lovers.

The peaceful silence was once again interrupted by the sound of planes flying overhead; I groaned in annoyance, looking up. I made eye contact with the black haired girl and she gave me a small smile before her eyes seemed to wander to the right of my head, looking at something behind me.

I frowned, about to ask what was wrong when she suddenly started screaming, her eyes as wide as saucers. What the… I quickly craned my neck, trying to twist my body in the seat to see what the heck was happening behind me. But when I did, I suddenly wished I hadn’t.

I could hear the screams from the other passenger’s erupt from behind me, but I could only stare on in shock, unable to let even a sound escape. In front of me, not even 100 meters away the World Trade Centre was practically on fire.

But even from here and through all the smoke I could see them falling, the bodies. Oh god there were so many bodies, and all I could hear were the screams surrounding me.

And in this moment we can't close the lids on burning eyes,

After seeing what we saw, can we still reclaim our innocence?
♠ ♠ ♠
~Okay, new story, this is really short but dont worry because its only the prologue ^__^ hope you like ittttttttttt

~Insanity