Status: comments are extremely welcome

Save Us (and Rock and Roll)

Alone, Young, and Together, Forever


I don't know where you're going
But do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going
But I don't think I'm coming home and I said
I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead
This is the road to ruin
And we're starting at the end

Say yeah (yeah!)
Let's be alone together (yeah)
We could stay young forever (yeah)
Scream it from the top of your lungs, lungs, lungs
Say yeah (yeah!)
Let's be alone together (yeah)
We could stay young forever (yeah)
We'll stay young, young, young, young, young.

Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh
Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh
Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh
Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh

You cut me off, I lost my track
It's not my fault, I'm a maniac
It's not funny anymore, no it's not

My heart is like a stallion
They love it more when it's broke in
Do you wanna feel beautiful?
Do you wanna? Yeah!

I'm outside the door, invite me in
So we can go back and play pretend
I'm on deck, yeah, I'm up next
Tonight I'm high as a private jet

'Cause I don't know where you're going
But do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going
But I don't think I'm coming home and I said
I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead
This is the road to ruin
And we're starting at the end

Say yeah (yeah!)
Let's be alone together (yeah)
We could stay young forever (yeah)
Scream it from the top of your lungs, lungs, lungs
Say yeah (yeah!)
Let's be alone together (yeah)
We could stay young forever (yeah)
We'll stay young, young, young, young, young.

Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh
Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh
Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh
Uh, uh, uh, uh-oh

My heart is like a stallion
They love it more when it's broke in
Do you wanna feel beautiful?
Do you wanna? Yeah!

I'm outside the door, invite me in
So we can go back and play pretend
I'm on deck, yeah, I'm up next
Tonight I'm high as a private jet.

Yeah (yeah)
Let's be alone together (yeah)
We could stay young forever (yeah)
Scream it from the top of your lungs, lungs, lungs
Say yeah (yeah!)
Let's be alone together (yeah)
We could stay young forever (yeah)
We'll stay young, young, young, young, young.

I don't know where you're going
But do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going
But I don't think I'm coming home and I said
I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead
This is the road to ruin
And we're starting at the end


"Mom? I'll call you tomorrow, okay? I'm busy now... No. I don't want to go to his funeral. I barely even knew him... The fact that he was my brother doesn't change that fact he was a horrible person. He knew he was helping cheat on a person and he still continued that toxic relationship... He's dead! He doesn't care about what I'll say. Mom. Listen to me. I am busy. I can't go to the funeral. Why can't you understand that? Because I'm busy! Are you even listening to me?! I'm not going to be home for a while. I don't know what I'm doing. Its none of your business. Bye! I said bye! I'll call you tomorrow, if I don't kill myself before... It was a joke! It might happen if you don't stop nagging!"

She hung up the phone, scowling, as if her mother could see her. The young boy at the counter is staring at her as is half of the store. Seeing someone scream at their mother on the phone must rank pretty high on the list of funny things that happen in supermarkets.

She took a deep breath and tried to compose herself. There were more important things to think about than her stupid brother's funeral. His car exploded, how does that even happen? They said it was a quick death, just a quick boom and it's over.

She pondered for a moment about karma, thinking that maybe he shouldn't have messed up someone's relationship.

She strolled through the aisles, picking up an assorted collection of fruits, materials for a sandwich, lemonade mix, and brownies. These would do nicely. She adds some rope and, with a small smile, a box of condoms. Finally, she picks out a bottle of his favorite wine. It would be a good night today. They'd be alone and it would be simply marvelous. She pays and walks home.

Humming to herself, she organizes the meal, carefully preparing a plate full of fruits, two sandwiches, two cups of lemonade and the brownies. She catches her reflection in the microwave mirror. She looks beautiful. She will stay beautiful.

He knocks on the door,just on time. She invites him in. He's smiling, looking as excited as she feels. He looks like the ballet dancer he used to be, with long muscular legs and a muscly upper body, strong enough to lift girls gracefully across the room. His broken leg is completely healed, which didn't really help him too much, as he quit ballet.

"Ready to play pretend?" He asks with a smile.

"Of course, everything's ready."

"We're alone right?" He inquires.

"Obviously. This will be great, don't worry."

"We're alone together, how can it not be great?" He says arrogantly, a grin on his face.

They sit down and eat the meal. He drinks the wine. They're laughing and everything is just as she wanted. The house smells of sunshine. It feels inviting and welcoming. He laughs at the box of condoms. They both know thats not going to happen, not now. Today is reserved for other events.

He eats quickly, burning with anticipation, as if it'll be the last meal he'll see. She eats slowly, savoring each bite, as if it'll be her last. They stand up.

"Wait." She says. She rushes to the kitchen and swiftly washes the plates and glasses. She can't bear the thought of dirty plates staying on the table. It makes her skin crawl, however odd that may seem. He laughs, used to her idiosyncrasies.

They stand side by side, him taller. She'd always remember the days in middle school when she was taller. Now, in their twenties, he was 6'1, irritatingly tall next to her 5'7. They smile at each other, excitement hiding any fear or regrets they might have.

With one swift motion, together, almost like a machine, they hang themselves, jumping off the chairs together.

She screams while jumping off the chair, like a little girl pretending the floor is lava and she's touching it. Its a high pitched scream, at the top of her lungs. He is silent, after years of plotting, the time has come and the time will freeze.

And it's timeless. It's minutes or years and it doesn't matter. They're alone together. They've beaten death by becoming one with it. They're going to be young forever. They're alone and together.

She's never going to lose that youthful beauty.

He already lost his dream of being a dancer, already has nothing to lose. Old age robbed him of everything.

They're troubled souls, together forever. It doesn't seem crazy or rash to them. They don't feel like the maniacs you probably think they are. They're like stallions, they like it more when they're broken, mentally and physically.

This is their road to ruin and they've reached the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep, so that happened. I can't write a story without killing at least a few of my characters.