Status: comments are extremely welcome

Save Us (and Rock and Roll)

I Know What You Did in the Dark (Burn It Up)

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.
Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.

B-B-B-Be careful making wishes in the dark, dark
Can't be sure when they've hit their mark
And besides in the mean, mean time
I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart

I'm in the de-details with the devil
So now the world can never get me on my level
I just gotta get you off the cage
I'm a young lover's rage
Gonna need a spark to ignite

My songs know what you did in the dark

So light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
I'm on fire

So light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
I'm on fire

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.
In the dark, dark
Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.
In the dark, dark

All the writers keep writing what they write
Somewhere another pretty vein just dies
I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see
That you’re the antidote to everything except for me, me

A constellation of tears on your lashes
Burn everything you love, then burn the ashes
In the end everything collides
My childhood spat back out the monster that you see

My songs know what you did in the dark

So light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
I'm on fire

So light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
I'm on fire

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.
In the dark, dark
Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.
In the dark, dark

My songs know what you did in the dark
(My songs know what you did in the dark)

So light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
I'm on fire

So light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
I'm on fire

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.
In the dark, dark
Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.
In the dark, dark

Oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, whoa.


You better be careful darling. Be careful. Be very very careful. Tell me, are you scared of fire?

I used to be petrified of fire. I thought I could accidentally set the entire world on fire, that I could not control the fire and I would burn down everything. It's pretty silly, isn't it? That was my childhood, being scared of the world burning down. I ran away from campfires and matches. I'd prefer the dark over fire.

I'm not scared anymore. I know. I know what you do alone in that little white church in the middle of the desert. You're not alone though, are you? You're not alone at all.

You should be careful for what you wish for. You're right, he may wake up dead. I know.

I'm burning up, from deep deep inside. My heart is beating in reverse and I wish I could just tear it out and throw it at you, like a grenade.

You used to tell me I have a way with words. I used to bleed on paper, tear out my soul and replace it with words. I guess my soul wasn't enough. I used to think you loved me. I used to think our hearts beat in unison, that you and I were two united halves. I was wrong. That's okay. We all need to learn.

I love fire now. It's literal energy, it gives light, but get too close and it'll burn you. Nothing stands in the way of fire. Not you. Not your stupid boyfriend, or affair, or my replacement, or however you want to call the guy who stole you from me.

I'm a young lover's rage and you have given me the spark I needed to ignite. I will burn everything you love and I will burn the ashes. You set fire to my soul. I am not the coward you thought I am. It's over between us. It'll be over between you and him too. I can't see through my anger and I'm okay with this.

His hands are on yours and I want to tear him apart. I know what I'm doing, as I walk to his car and tear apart the battery, knowing the gas with the electric spark will cause the fire. I'm sitting in my car and I am invisible. It's dark and my replacement is walking towards his car.

You're kissing him. You are kissing him. You're smiling and laughing. You used to look at me like that. He steps into his car. He's smiling.

I hear his voice echoing "I'll call you tomorrow if I don't wake up dead." Funny. The irony doesn't escape me. And he drives away. You're standing there. Waving. As if you'll talk tomorrow.

And boom. The car explodes. Light em up darling. We're on fire.

You're screaming and he's gone. You're calling the fire department. You're pouring water on the car. It's too late. It's burning up. Burn everything. It's not dark anymore. I know what you did with me, what you did when you thought I wouldn't know. You were my wife.

In the end everything collides. Rest in peace, Ander Hurleyson.

I'm on fire and you're in the dark, next to the smothered ruins of him. There's a constellation of tears in your lashes. You're screaming and crying. I want to go comfort you. I can't. I did this. I am each tear.

And with that, I run away. I ran away and I never ever want to be found. It's then when I found myself in the lowest place in North America, if you catch the irony. Light em up darling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll upload the rest later, have a nice day everyone!