Status: In progress and editing. Critiques welcome c:

Whirlwind

Chapter 1- The Seraphs Find Her

I guess I got lost when I went to go hang out in the woods, so I started to worry as it got darker. I was probably in the middle of the woods when I started to hear strange noises. I shivered despite my coat, and then I started hearing voices. They were coming closer, and scaring me at that. I started running, ignoring any scrapes and scratches. They voices still got closer, and soon I couldn't outrun them. I ducked into a tree, hoping they couldn't find me. After a little while, I heard the voices.
"Did you find her?" This was the voice of a concerned female. A pleasant male voice responded.
"No, I chased her here, but I lost her. She can't have gone far, because she hasn't tapped into her wings yet. She's fast, though."
"She's half seraph, half demon. That's the demon in her, flight of foot. You know, I've always wondered about her. I know that Hazel and Razael had wings, but I wonder if that means her wings are half and half too. Either way, we have to find her. Hazel said her name was...uh..."
"Her name is Taisie. She's got Hazel's eyes and Razael's build. She's got really long black hair too."
Huh...they were talking about my parents? But my parents are named Rachel and Evan Greenewaye, not Hazel and Razael or whatever. I poked my head out of my hiding place to look for these people. Of course, I didn't see anyone at first, but a strange glowing made me look a little upwards, and...
There were two absolutely stunning...people...above me, floating on what looked like wings of fire. The male was lightly tanned and tall, with eyes of fire and golden blond hair. He was making lazy circles around a female with eyes of golden fire. She tossed her light brown colored hair and sighed, crossing her arms.
"She did come in here, right?"
"Uh, yes, Fenix. I caught a glimpse of her eyes-mercurial swirling silver. You can't recreate that with any contacts."
Oh, crap. They saw my eyes, the definite identifier. I pulled my head back and sighed a little, careful to make no sound.
So this Fenix and her partner, who I found out was named Azael-who were angels-were looking for me. They kept saying that I was half demon half seraph, and they talked about wings and all this weird stuff. I was tired of listening, so I snuck out from my spot. Azael was still making lazy circles around Fenix, who was hovering in the middle. I slowly made my way into the forest, hoping that I was heading home. I was almost out of earshot from the angels when Fenix's head shot up, alert.
"She's getting away from us, Azael," she hissed, turning my direction. I broke into dead run, praying that I could outrun them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Critques are so welcome, I love you all c:

Words: 481