Don't Let Me Fade Away

Don't Let Me Fade Away

Don’t Let Me Fade Way (Danny and J3T fluffy-slash)
Danny Murillo X George Ragan
*pure fiction NEVER happened (as far as I know), I do not own Danny or Johnny 3 Tears. Might continue the story?

“Danny what are you doin?” Johnny frowns at his friend who is curled up in his bunk on the bus cradling an almost empty bottle of Jack Daniels like it’s a life preserver. Danny gives a muffled groan in response but doesn’t look up, his face still pressed into the pillow. Johnny raises an eyebrow and sighs. He sits down on the edge of the bunk and takes the bottle away from Danny and places it on the floor out of reach of the smaller man. Danny sits up slightly and weakly ties to grab at the alcohol. “Gives it back…” he slurs protesting drunkenly.

“Nope. I think you’ve had enough honey.” Johnny says the “honey” teasingly and he’s surprised at the reaction it gets. Danny looks really angry for a moment but he seems too exhausted to get mad instead his lower lip trembles and he buries his face in the pillow again moving as far away as possible from Johnny pressing his body up against the cold hard wall of the tour bus.

“If it’s that big a deal you can have it back Danny….” Johnny’s confused about why his friend’s upset. “I don’t-want-it-back!” Danny hiccups. He’s trying not to cry, why? Why did Johnny have to call him “honey”?” It’s not like Johnny’s doing it on purpose not like he knows Danny’s so completely in love with him that it’s eating up at Danny’s insides. Not like Johnny knows that even a simple touch on the shoulder makes Danny’s heart beat speed up that a hug makes Danny feel like he’s going to pass out. That every single night all Danny can imagine is Johnny, Johnny always just…Johnny. And that he hates himself for feeling this way. Danny feels so disgusting because he KNOWS this is wrong, that these feelings are so screwed up and that if Johnny ever found out he’d most likely hate Danny forever.

But what’s worse? Drinking yourself to sleep every night just to escape from your own thoughts, waking up feeling sick from the hangover and sick from your emotions? Or telling the truth, getting it off his chest even if Johnny hates him for it. Danny whimpers and curls into a ball, forgetting that Johnny’s right there with him until there’s a hand on his shoulder and a soft whisper of “Hey…what’s wrong? I’m here for you Danny. You can tell me anything!” Johnny sounds so worried so upset and Danny lets out a sob rolling over to look up at the man staring down at him.

“I can’t tell you…” Danny shakes his head sadly. “Oh yeah?” Johnny surprises Danny by laying down next to Danny on the small bunk. Luckily Danny’s really thin so they fit although Johnny can now feel how fast his band member’s heart is racing. Johnny wraps his muscled arms around Danny’s thin waist tugging him closer. “Tell me what’s wrong…please?” Johnny murmurs sweetly. Danny is practically panting and he doesn’t move at all just lays there trembling in Johnny’s arms and Johnny thinks his scaring his friend maybe so he starts to move away but Danny grips his arms and Johnny stays where he is. It’s not like he’s never thought about it before but Danny’s really attractive right now. All weak and plaint and fitting so perfectly in Johnny’s embrace. So without really thinking Johnny moves a hand to Danny’s flat stomach rubbing gently if anything just to soothe him. He feels the way Danny’s muscles tremble and he likes it. “Tell me baby. What’s wrong?” this time there’s nothing teasing about the tone the pet names whispered in.

Danny whimpers and squirms in Johnny’s arms. “You’ll feel better if you tell me. It’ll feel really good….” Danny wonders if he’s imagining the implications in that sentence. But he’s extremely drunk and for all he knows he’s imaging it. He decides to just go for it. “I love you Johnny! I-I love you so much so fucking much! Please just don’t hate me…..” he finishes weakly.

Johnny smiles goofily glad that Danny can’t see that he’s almost crying to, Johnny doesn’t like to look weak. “I don’t hate you, you idiot.” Johnny shakes his head moving his hands to Danny waist forcing him to turn so they’re facing each other. “That’s why you were upset? You thought I’d hate you?” Johnny pulls Danny even closer if that’s possible holding onto him tight enough to bruise but Danny’s not complaining. “Don’t ever EVER think that, Danny! You’re so fucking awesome man! I love you to! I don’t hate you. Don’t even think for a second that I could possibly ever hate you. Danny you’re too beautiful to hate.” Johnny rushes all his words out in one breath so fast that he wonders if Danny even understood what he said but from the man’s watery smile it’s clear that he did.

Danny’s crying again but Johnny knows these are happy tears. He smiles at the skinny man in his arms. “Don’t cry Babyboy. “ Johnny hushes him gently grabbing a blanket and covering up Danny and himself. “You needa sleep baby.” Danny looks scared to sleep. “I’m still gonna be here when you wake up ok? I meant everything I said, it’s gonna be ok now angel.” Johnny’s not very sleepy but he’ll stay with Danny all night he’s content to watch Danny sleep. He doesn’t really want to leave Danny either. He wants to be with Danny forever. Johnny smiles at that thought. Forever. Johnny wants to tell this to Danny but sees he’s already asleep. Johnny can wait until morning. He cuddles closer to Danny brushing his hair out of his eyes and kissing his forehead lovingly before closing his own eyes content to lay there hearing Danny’s breathing even out as he slips into a peaceful sleep.