Namimori School Play

Chapter 5

“Yamamoto, you seem really happy today. Did something happen yesterday?” Tsuna asked the baseball player.

“Hmm?” Yamamoto snapped out of his daze to look down at his friend. “Ah, I heard the journalism class finished the script. They’re holding open tryouts for the other parts in the play today,” the taller teen replied.

“Eh!? How the hell did they finish it in 1 day?” Gokudera jumped into the conversation.

“Well, they said it practically flowed out nonstop.”

“Did you say they wanted to see the relationship between the prince and the princess?”

“Yeah, didn’t they decided Gokudera to be the princess because you held him back from attacking Hibari,” Tsuna reminded them. “I think I heard one of them saying it was a ‘beautiful embrace of love’.”

“I asked them the same thing. They said they followed the people I hung out with. It was even a close tie between Tsuna and Gokudera until yesterday.”

“Ch. Really, they could have chosen Haru or Kyoko. There’s no way I’ll be able to pass as a girl.”

“Oh, Gokudera-kun, about that. Here, try it on.” Tsuna held out his hand with a pearl necklace dangling from it. “I have a few more in case the voice from that one doesn’t sound right.”

Gokudera froze in place and Yamamoto just laughed. “Couldn’t they have had a better way of hiding it?” The explosives expert hesitantly reached for the necklace. Now he really couldn’t get out of this.

“Go ahead Gokudera-kun, try it on. No one else is around to hear anyway.” Tsuna dropped the necklace the Italian’s hand.

He stared at the pearl necklace for a minute in silence. Mom used to wear a pearl necklace all the time. Gokudera thought to himself as he attempted to hook the necklace around his neck.

Yamamoto chuckled at the difficulty his friend was facing as he tried countless times to hook the necklace. “Here, let me help you.”

“Ah, hey! I can do it on my own!” Gokudera yelled in a voice not his own. The 3 teens were speechless.

“Wow, it works.” Tsuna stated the obvious just to break the awkward silence.

“It’s a really pretty voice. I bet it would really suit you if you were dressed like a girl.” The taller teen patted the still speechless Gokudera on the head.

“Damn baseball-idiot! Don’t go saying something stupid like that!” The silver haired teen pushed Yamamoto’s hand off his head and struggled to get the necklace off. His arms fell limp to his sides and he hid his face behind his hair. “It’s…it’s stuck…”

“You’re kidding, right?!” The Mafia boss-to-be started to panic.

“It can’t be stuck. Maybe you’re just really bad with necklaces.” The taller Japanese boy lifted his hands to remove the necklace when he noticed the hooks were slightly rusted. “Actually, the hooks look kinda rusted.”

“Now that you mention it…” Tsuna trailed off into thought.

- Flashback -

“Here you go young Vongola.” The adolescent Lambo handed the shorter teen a jewelry box. “I picked out a few with voices I thought would fit Gokudera perfectly.”

“Aah, Thank you adult Lambo.” Tsuna said as he opened the jewelry box to see the tangle of expensive looking necklaces.

“Some of them are pretty old, so be careful.”


[- End Flashback -

“Adult Lambo did warm me about this…” Tsuna explained meekly, avoiding as much eye contact as possible.

“Eh? You could’ve warned us, too.” Gokudera complained.

“But I didn’t think it would turn out like this!” The brown hair boy defended himself. He really hadn’t seen this coming. At most he was expecting the necklace to fall apart or have it not work.

“Shit! I can’t go to school like this.” The silver haired teen turned on his heel and started to head home.

“Ah, Gokudera! What about the test in class today?” Yamamoto reminded. The taller teen didn’t want his friend to go to school the way he was now, but he knew it was going to be inconvenient to try to make it up later.

Gokudera stopped in his place. He contemplated whether or not it would be worth the embarrassment. When he thought that making it up later would mean being unable to protect his boss, he decided he was just going to go the whole day without talking.

“It’s not like I want to be mean or anything. I just know you’d rather be with us than taking a test.” The baseball player tried to explain himself to the now very depressed looking Italian.

“It doesn’t matter, baseball-idiot. I’ll get you back for this later.”

“But, Gokudera-kun, how are you going to talk to anyone?”

“I’m not going to.”

xXx

“Gokudera-sama? Why are you wearing a necklace?” It was one of his many unwanted fangirls. “Ne, ne Gokudera-sama? Are you all right? Say something.”

Yamamoto took notice of the trouble his friend was in and rushed to his side to help fend off the annoyance. “The necklace is a prop for the school play.”

“So why’s he still wearing it?”

“Because the hooks are rusted and it got stuck.” Tsuna was the one to butt in this time.

“Oh…” she mumbled disappointedly. She obviously wanted he idol to talk to her. “Why are you guys talking for him anyway? He can talk for himself, can’t he? Are you guys keeping some kind of secret?”

Tsuna and Yamamoto were a bit taken aback. They hadn’t thought that far ahead. Originally they were just hoping that who ever mentioned the necklace would accept their excuses and move on with their day, not bothering to bring up the fact that Gokudera hadn’t said anything.

And they couldn’t very well tell the truth because that would just embarrass Gokudera and make their own efforts useless.

“Uh, um…well you see…” Tsuna stuttered, searching for words.

“He got sick, and lost his voice,” the taller Japanese boy interrupted.

“Oh, ok!” The girl smiled and walked away.

“I’m so sorry, Gokudera-kun. I almost broke your cover.” Tsuna apologized when it seemed that everyone else was out of hearing distance. “If Yamamoto hadn’t said anything then everyone would have found out. I really am dame-Tsuna”

“It’s ok Juudaime. You tried your best. Thank you for helping me.” Gokudera smiled. He really didn’t like it when he called himself that. He was going to become the tenth boss of the Vongola Famiglia. There was no way in hell he could ever be ‘no good’.

“Go…Gokudera-kun…” Apparently most of the people in class had very good hearing. That or they were just really nosy people. Either way, More than half the class had their attention focussed on the 3 teens.

The Italian mumbled what sounded like a shit under his breath when he noticed all the eyes on him.

“Dude! Did what up with your voice?”

“Yeah! You sound like a chick!”

“You guys lied to me?!”

“Eh, you guys. Hold on a second.” Yamamoto tried to explain the situation, but was interrupted by laughing.

“Shut the fuck up or I’ll blow you to pieces!” Gokudera yelled as he stood up and pulled dynamite out of thin air.

“Ahaha! He’s trying to sound tough!”

“Wait everyone! It’s because of the necklace he’s wearing!” Tsuna yelled out, knowing it was too late to try to hide the truth now.

“Oh my god! What a faggot! He’s wearing a pearl necklace to school!”

That last comment made him snap. He didn’t care about anything anymore, except of course Tsuna.

“Sorry, Juudaime, but could you leave the room, please?” He said as he was about to charge at the boy who insulted him.

Yamamoto could feel the intent to kill rising. He readied himself in case Gokudera made a move. The second said teen started after a very unlucky classmate, the rain guardian grabbed his wrist in attempt to stop him. Gokudera pulled his wrist away, but Yamamoto’s grip was too tight and ended up pulling the taller teen towards him.

The Japanese boy wasn’t expecting to be pulled at with such force and stumbled forward, tripping on a nearby chair in the process. With the sudden loss of footing, Yamamoto fell forward onto Gokudera.

The Italian boy turned around to complain about his wrist still being held captive only to see the taller teen falling towards him. He was much to close at that point to be able to avoid.

The next thing either of them knew, Yamamoto was on top of Gokudera in a rather suggestive looking position.

The shorter teen’s mind went blank. He’d never had anyone so close to him before. It was definitely strange to be able to feel someone else’s breath brushing across your skin. He could have sworn he was able to feel heat radiating from the Japanese boy on top of him. They were so close that there wasn’t anything else Gokudera could focus on other than Yamamoto’s face. Which, for some ungodly reason, really didn’t look all that bad. He could understand why someone so stupid was so popular with the girls.

But his thoughts were cut short by a sudden bright flash. His attention was brought back to reality by another bright flash. Gokudera went pale when realization kicked in. People always seemed to have cameras around at the worst moments, didn’t they?

He shoved the taller teen off of him and walked silently over to one of the students holding a camera. He snatched it out of the student’s hands and proceeded to throw it out the window, but stopped.

“Don’t want this to happen to your camera? Then delete every single picture, right now.” The Italian then deleted every picture of him of the camera he was holding before shoving it back into the owner’s chest. “If I ever find out that one of you didn’t delete all of the pictures, don’t expect to see the light of day ever again.”

Gokudera grabbed his book bag and headed for the door.

“Ah, Gokudera-kun, what about the test?” Tsuna tried to stop the explosives expert from leaving without being able to sort thing out.

“Fuck the test. My grades are so good anyway, it’s not like 1 test is going to hurt.”

xXx

“Sawada, Yamamoto, Gokudera.” The teacher called out. The said students stood up, already knowing what the teacher was going to say. “All 3 of you failed the test. You will be assigned extra homework to make up for it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm very sorry to anybody who gets offended by the word faggot!