Status: Updating when I can.

Second Chance

Doubts And Break Ups

Hanna sat and listened to the Progress her new album was making, she was liking the direction that Thomas was taking her in. It was a perfect balance of Uptempo and slow songs.

" Sounds good" she said, sipping on her latte.

" I agree, but there is still more to be done" Thomas said, glancing over at her, she seemed more a little more different to when she first arrived in Dortmund, a couple of months ago.

" I know, but I am liking what I am hearing" she said, as her Phone Vibrated, she pulled it out of her pocket and Groaned silently. Ever since the Match yesterday Mats had become a little more possessive of her, she wasn't liking it. It was way too early in the relationship to be that possessive.

" Trouble in Paradise already?" Thomas asked. He knew full well how intense his friend could be so wasn't surprised that Hanna was starting to rebel against it.

" Not Quite" Hanna said, as she fired a quick text to Mats.

" Mats is a pretty cool guy, so if you have a problem just talk to him" Thomas said.

" I can't really talk about this problem with him though" she said, Pushing her latte aside.

" I am a good listener" he said. If Hanna had a problem, he would happily help her sort it out.

" I can't really tell you, as you are his friend" she sighed.

" I promise what is said between us, stays between us" Thomas said.

Hanna stared at Thomas unsure whether confiding in him would be a good or bad thing, she decided to take the risk.

" Is this about your ex? He asked.

" Sort off" she replied.

" Does he play with Mats?" Thomas asked curiously.

Hanna nodded her head, she couldn't find the words she wanted to say.

" So what is the problem?" He asked again.

" The Problem is Named Marco Reus" she said quietly.

" Marco Reus is your Ex" Thomas said, letting out a low whistle.

" Yes " she said staring at her coffee cup, like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

" I still don't see the Problem" Thomas said.

" Marco invited me over to dinner with him on Monday and I agreed" she said.

" Why would you do that? do you still have feelings for him?" Thomas asked.

" No of course not" Hanna stuttered.

Thomas stared at Hanna, he could see she was in complete denial about her feelings for her ex.

" You must, if you agreed to have dinner with him" Thomas said gently.

" Marco said he would leave me alone after the dinner" Hanna said.

" You should tell Mats about your past with Marco" Thomas said.

" I know,But something always holds me back" Hanna confessed.

" Okay, here is what you should do, Tell Mats and tell Marco to get lost" Thomas said. Knowing she wouldn't do either Option.

" I can't" she said.

" You have to if you want a future with Mats" Thomas said, then it suddenly dawned on him.

" You don't want a future with him do you?" He continued.

" I don't know what I want" she confessed.

" Well until you do, Maybe you should take a break and decide what you really want" Thomas suggested.

" Maybe" she Mumbled. She had never intended on Hurting Mats, but she couldn't force feelings that were not there.

" Lets get back to work, you can work off your problems singing" Thomas Joked.

" Great idea" Hanna said as she walked into the booth, putting all thoughts of Mats and Marco to the back of her mind.

***

Marco eyed his girlfriend warily, Carolin had come over to talk, to try and save their relationship. The thing was he didn't want to save it. The past year they had been heading for a break up.

" I know we have a hit a rough patch, but I think we can get through this Marco" Carolin said.

" I don't think we can, I don't love you anymore Caro" he said gently.

Carolin started at him, wondering what had changed Marco, a few months ago they were happy now they were not. She had a sneaky Suspicion who was behind it, but she didn't want to believe it.

" How long have you been feeling like that for?" Carolin asked.

" A while, I just didn't want to hurt you" Marco confessed.

" This is about her isn't it?" she spat angrily.

Marco shook his head, Hanna had nothing to do with this, He and Caro had been over for Months. They had just been too scared to admit it.

" This has nothing to do with Hanna" he said.

" I can't believe you are doing this to me" Carolin cried, she had given up everything for him, now he was dumping her just like that.

" I am sorry Caro, but its time to move on" Marco said.

" Why can't we make this work" Carolin asked, not giving in, it wasn't in her nature to give up on things.

" I don't love you anymore, it wouldn't be fair to you, if we continued like this" Marco broke gently.

" Please" She begged, tears streaming down her face.

" Sorry I can't" he said firmly.

Carolin slapped him and then ran out the room and went upstairs to pack. Marco knew he had done the right thing, he hadn't never truly loved Carolin. He had just settled for her, because he couldn't have the person he really wanted.

***

Hanna glanced at her appearance in the mirror, she wasn't sure why she was so Nervous about tonight. It was just dinner nothing else, she was going tell him to back off and leave her alone. She was happy with Mats, or so she kept trying to convince herself. Mats was a nice guy but he wasn't the one for her, She just couldn't work up the courage to call it quits with him.

" I still can't believe you are having dinner with Marco tonight" Haley said at the bedroom door.

Hanna turned round to face her " Its just dinner, I only agreed to this, to tell him to back off" Hanna said.

" You sure that is the only reason?" Haley asked.

" What other reason can there be?" Hanna snorted as she picked up her clutch bag.

" You still have feelings for him" Haley said.

" Oh please that ship has long sailed" Hanna replied.

" Then why are you dressing up for a Non Date with Marco?" Haley asked.

Hanna opened and closed her mouth, she didn't really have an answer.

" I think you need to work out what you really want" Haley said, she would love to see Hanna and Marco back together, but only after they sorted out all the issues that made them break up three year ago.

" You are the second person to say that to me" Hanna muttered as she put her coat on.

" Well maybe you should take the advice" Haley said.

" I will" Hanna agreed.

" Enjoy your date with Marco" Haley said grinning at her, then turned and left Hanna alone with her thoughts.

***

Mats made his way over to his front door with a beer in his hand, he just wanted to be left alone on his day off. He opened the door and got a surprise, Cathy was back.

" Hi" she said softly, hoping he wouldn't turn her away.

" What are you doing here?" he asked, not moving to let her in the house.

" I think we need to talk" she said.

" We do?...You made it clear that you never wanted to see me again, the last time we spoke" he said.

" I know I did, but I was angry I have missed you" she confessed.

" Cathy I have moved on" he admitted.

" Yes I noticed with my favorite singer" she spat bitterly.

" What do you want from me?" he asked.

Cathy smiled at him, he was always so stubborn " I just want us to talk, if you don't think we have a chance, I will walk away for good now" she said.

Mats stared at his ex for a moment longer, before he allowed her into his house. Cathy always had a way of winning him over, he just didn't know where this left him with Hanna. He more than liked her, but Cathy had been in his life a lot longer than Hanna.

***

Hanna stood Nervously outside the flat she used to share with Marco, she took a deep breath before she lightly knocked on his door a couple of times. It had taken Marco a few minutes to answer.

" I am glad you came" he said, smiling warmly at Hanna.

" I only came so you would leave me alone" she fired back at him.

" Of course" he replied, moving out the way so Hanna could walk into the flat.

Hanna took a look around, it looked different from when she was living here, it was so much Brighter.

" Where is Carolin?" she asked.

" We kinda broke up" He said, taking her coat from her and placing it in the spare bedroom.

" Sorry" Hanna said, not sounding sorry at all.

" You look great" Marco said, as they walked in the direction of the kitchen.

" Thanks I guess" she mumbled.

Hanna felt a little awkward about being here, the last time she was in this flat was the night she had caught Marco cheating on her.

" Why did you do it?" she blurt out.

Marco stopped what he was doing and looked at her " Do what? he asked.

" Cheating on me" she said.

" Do we need to go over this?" He asked.

" No, I am just curious, I hated you for a long time" She said.

" You still hate me" He asked, while checking on dinner.

Hanna laughed softly, he knew full well that she could never stay mad with him.

" I Stopped hating you after the first Album" she said, Placing her bag on the table.

" That is Nice to know" He said smiling at her. Hanna heart skipped a little at the Smile. That smile used to be able to get her do anything, even when they had been kids.

" It doesn't mean I want us to be friends though" she said.

Marco looked a little hurt at her words " Why can't we be friends?" he asked.

" Marco we can never just be friends, both of us know that, Plus after what you did to me, How can I trust you again" she said gently.

" Let me prove you I've changed" he said stubbornly, Now he had Hanna back in his life, he wasn't about to let her leave it again.

" Lets Just have dinner tonight, and then we will go from there" she said.

Marco nodded his head in agreement, it was the best he was going get out of Hanna tonight. He wasn't going to Push it, he would slowly work his way back into her affections and in the future who knows what May happen.