Status: Updating when I can.

Second Chance

Happy Birthday

Hanna groaned as her Phone beeped for what felt like the Millionth time. She Knew it was her birthday and that people would be wishing her happy birthday, but did they have to do it so early in the Morning. It had been a late night at The studio, Her album was starting to come together. All Hanna wanted was a little more sleep, she was twenty-five today it wasn't like it was a big birthday.

Hanna reached out for her phone, she stared sleepily at it, in two minds whether to reply back to everyone who had sent Happy birthday messages. Deciding on more sleep, she dropped her phone on the floor and turned back onto her side. She had just barely closed her eyes when Haley came rushing into the room, it didn't seem she was getting any more sleep after all.

" Wake Up Hanna, It's your birthday" Haley yelled loudly.

" Go away, I am trying to sleep" Hanna mumbled into her pillow.

" Sleep is for the weak, come on Hanna get up, we have lots of things to do today" Haley said, pulling the duvet off Hanna.

" Like what?" Hanna asked, opening one eye, to look at Haley warily.

" We need to go shopping, to get a new dress for you birthday party tonight" Haley said, she had it all planned for weeks.

" I have to go to the Studio for a couple of hours today" Hanna said.

" Okay, We can do shopping after" Haley said.

" Ugh do we really have to" Hanna said, sitting up when she realized she wasn't going to get anymore sleep.

" Yes you need a new dress, to Impress Marco" Haley said, smirking at Hanna.She could deny it all she wanted, but over the past few weeks Hanna had spent more and more Time with Marco. She wouldn't do that if she didn't like him.

" Oh please" Hanna snorted, she and Marco were just friends and nothing more.

" Don't try and Deny it, We both know you and Marco are not just friends" Haley sang annoyingly.

" Whatever, I am going for a shower" Hanna said, getting to her feet.

" Don't take to long you have a Busy day ahead of you" Haley yelled after her.

" Great" Hanna muttered, not looking forward to the day a head, she hated people making a big deal about her birthday. She would just have to suck it up and plaster a fake smile on her face all day.

***

Hanna had just finished her studio session for the day, she walked out the booth, to find Marco and Thomas chatting. They both looked towards Hanna.

" Why are you here?" Hanna asked Marco.

" Its your birthday, I wanted to give you this" he said, handing her a card a small present.

" You shouldn't have" she said, a small smile on her face.

" I wanted, we are friends after all aren't we?" he asked, his eyes daring her to say other wise.

" Of course we are friends" she said.

" Great, so I shall see you tonight" Marco said, bending down to give Hanna a quick kiss on the cheek.

"What do you mean you'll see me tonight?" she yelled after him.

Marco just waved his hand at her and walked away, Hanna turned back to Thomas, who held his hands up in surrender.

" He is your friend" he said, laughing a little.

" He is acting strange, he is up to something" Hanna said, sitting down beside Thomas.

" Do you want my opinion?" Thomas asked.

" Go on then tell me" Hanna said, her hands still clutched around her birthday present from Marco.

" You guys like each other, but both of you are still holding onto the past and are too scared to admit how you feel" Thomas said, a knowing smirk sat on his face.

" Wow you are really Crap at this, Marco and I are done, there is nothing there" Hanna protested.

" If you are really done, then why are you clutching your present, like your life depends on it" Thomas pointed out.

" Shut up" Hanna knew it was childish, but she just didn't want to admit there was still a spark between herself and Marco.

" You know I am right" Thomas said grinning at her.

" Ugh you are so annoying" Hanna mumbled, picking up her bag and walking to the door.

" Hanna" Thomas called out, he had one more thing he wanted to tell her.

" What?" she asked turning to face him.

" Have a good time tonight and try not to avoid Marco too much" Thomas teased.

" Ha ha funny not" Hanna said sarcastically, before she walked out, she wouldn't avoid Marco, she didn't have a reason too. They were friends and that was it, nothing more.

***

" You look Stunning" Haley said to Hanna as they finished getting ready for Hanna's night out.

" It's the dress" Hanna said, it was a black body con dress, she hadn't wanted to buy it but Haley had made her.

" You will have guys falling at your feet tonight, just watch" Haley said, as she finished pinning Hanna's hair up.

" I don't want any guy" Hanna Muttered.

" No you just want Marco" Haley teased.

" I don't" Hanna protested as she reached for her bag, Marco's card and gift fell out, Hanna went to put it back into her bag, but Haley was too quick for her.

" What is this?" Haley asked examining the card and Present.

" Marco gave it to me" Hanna said, like it was no big deal.

" You haven't opened it Hanna" Haley said, handing the present and card back to Hanna.

Hanna stared down at the card and Present, she took a deep breath before she opened the card, she glanced inside. Marco was just wishing her a happy birthday nothing else.

" See he is only wishing me a happy birthday" Hanna said showing Haley the card.

" Just open the present" Haley replied.

Hanna quickly ripped the paper off, she carefully opened the box and let out a gasp, it was the Charm bracelet he had given to her for her 21st birthday, she had lost it years ago and was gutted to lose it.

" That boy wants more" Haley said, wondering how Marco managed to get his hands on the bracelet Hanna lost years ago.

Hanna was too emotional to talk, she was happy she had her bracelet back, but was a bit worried why Marco had given it back to her.

" You are over thinking as usual, just enjoy your birthday okay" Haley said, helping Hanna to put the bracelet on her wrist.

" Lets do this" Hanna agreed. Even though she wasn't a big fan of celebrating her birthday, she would enjoy tonight.

***
Hanna glanced around the club, they had been here a while now, Marco was keeping his distance from her, and she couldn't help but feel a little hurt. She watched as he talked to his team mates.

" Hanna get your ass on the dance floor, this is your birthday, you are not allowed to mope" Haley said, dragging Hanna past the staring footballers and onto the dance floor. They giggled as they danced to a few songs, Hanna looked up and caught Marco staring at her, she kept staring at him. She wouldn't look away first, she watched as a slow smirk appeared on his face, then he turned back to His team mates.

" You should go and talk to him" Haley said. She had just witnessed the looks Marco and Hanna shared.

" Its my birthday, he can come and talk to me" Hanna said.

Haley shook her head, as they continued to dance. Hanna danced a few more songs, before she said to Haley she needed another drink. She got to the bar to find Marco waiting for her.

" Happy birthday" he said, handing her a drink.

" Thank you" she said smiling up at him.

Marco watched Hanna for a few seconds, his gaze landed on the charm bracelet that sat on her wrist, he smiled softly,glad that she decided to wear it tonight.

" So are you enjoying your birthday?" He asked, taking a step closer to Hanna.

Hanna noticed that he closed the distance between them, but said nothing.

" Its better than I expected it to be" she giggled, the alcohol she consumed starting to affect her.

" That's good" Marco said, ignoring the blonde girl on his left trying to get his attention.

" Do you want to dance?" Hanna asked.

" My dancing suck's Remember" Marco chuckled.

" Come on I Will teach you" Hanna said, reaching for Marco's hand and pulling him onto the dance floor.

" Don't blame me if I Break anything" he said, wrapping an arm around Hanna.

They danced or tried to for a few minutes, Hanna looked up at Marco, she was doing that thing he always liked, Biting on her lip, it meant she was nervous.

" Thank you my Charm Bracelet" she said.

" You are welcome, I found it after you left but didn't know how to get it back to you" Marco said.

" Well I have it back now" she said smiling up at him.

Marco pulled Hanna closer to his body, he didn't want to let go, Hanna raised her eyebrow questioningly at him.

" I told you I am a bad dancer" he said a nervous smile spreading across his face.

" No, you are not" Hanna said, aware of the jealous looks she was getting of the girls that had hoped to hook up with Marco tonight.

" We should go back to the others" Marco said, when the music changed.

" In a minute" Hanna said, she was happy to just stay in Marco arms.

Hanna looked up at Marco, he had a conflicted look in his eyes " What are we doing?" she asked him.

" I don't know" he replied.

" Neither do I" she grinned up at him, throwing her arms around his neck, she pulled his head to hers, their lips were inches apart, both were urging the other to make the first move.

" If we do this, I won't let you go again" Marco warned.

" Who says I want you to let me go again" she fired back.

" Is this what you truly want?" Marco asked, he didn't want any regrets.

" Shut up Marco and Kiss me" Hanna said, getting a little impatient.

Marco didn't need to be told, he smiled as his lips met Hanna's he felt like he had come home, this was where he was supposed to be. He wasn't sure if they would be on the same page tomorrow but Marco was just going to enjoy tonight.