Blackout

Coalesce

[verb] to unite for a common end


I had filed forms, organized my desk (twice), taken an innumerable amount of selfies to find one good enough to post on Instagram, and checked my email (just some spam and an email from mom) before Mr. Linwood acknowledged that I was still there… at his request. I was slightly annoyed, but not really cause he’s hot and as I’ve probably mentioned more times than I can count (if the whole demon thing wasn’t proof enough), I wanted him.

And speaking of the demon thing, I wanted to make sure that the deal had worked. It was looking promising but I wasn’t really going to be convinced until we, you know, did the deed.

Now standing in the open doorway of his office, Mr. Linwood stood watching me for a moment before finally speaking.

“Do you want to get something to eat?” he asked. “I just realized it’s getting late and that I haven’t eaten yet, and I’ve kept you here late as well…”

I smiled at him.

“That’d be great, Mr. Linwood.”

He grinned, his blue eyes twinkling despite the low lights in the office.

“Not that I don’t enjoy you calling me Mr. Linwood, but you can call me Seth,” he said. “Feels to formal right now.”

My smile grew. Mr. Linwood, Seth, had always preferred that his employees keep up formalities to remind them that this was a job and also as a sign of respect, but knowing that I now had permission to address him by his first name… I was so in.

Despite the lateness of the time, New York City was still busy. It really was the city that never sleeps, and that’s why I didn’t actually live right in the city because I knew I would be out all hours of the night. I had to show some restraint.

I lived in a town outside of the city that had a cozy feel to it and lived in an apartment that wasn’t brutally murdering my bank account (like I’m sure an apartment anywhere in Manhattan would do). There was a train station not far from where I lived where I would take the train into the city every morning when I had to work. It was about an hour commute into work, but it wasn’t horrible. I could catch up on sleep or you know, study how to summon demons.

When Seth and I left the office, he immediately went to the edge of the sidewalk and hailed us a cab. He gave the driver an address and off they went, the city lights blurring slightly as the driver sped across town.

We were both silent for a while, staring out of the windows of the cab. I was wondering what this evening had in store for us, and Seth was thinking about God knows what. I glanced over at him after a few minutes and was surprised to find him watching me.

“How old are you again, Sophie?” he asked suddenly.

“22,” I answered. He nodded his head.

“You’re so young still,” he said, smiling slightly. “Enjoy it while it lasts.”

“You’re talking like you’re old.”

“I am old,” he said. “At least, I feel old.”

“You don’t look old,” I said, smirking at him.

“Well, I suppose that’s a good thing,” he said after a moment.

“It’s a very good thing.”

We were silent again until the cab finally stopped outside of wherever it was that Seth was taking us to get food. He paid the cab driver and we both got out of the car. I eyed the dark bar in front of me warily before glancing at Seth who was watching me again.

“Don’t worry,” he said. “It’s a good place. Better than it looks. It’s a good place to go if you want privacy.”

We found a booth in the corner and I sat down, Seth looking down at me as he stood beside the table.

“What do you want to drink?” he asked.

“Whatever you’re having,” I said. He came back a few minutes later with two glasses of scotch. He sat across from me and slid me a glass from across the table.

“Do you want something to eat?” he asked. “I decided I just want to drink.”

“Drinking’s fine,” I said, raising my glass. He clinked his glass against mine, before taking an indulgent sip of his drink. I did the same, enjoying the warmth the liquor provided to my insides.

We were silent. Now that I was actually in his company in a situation unrelated to my job, I was unsure of how to proceed. I could feel my confidence ebbing away—It as kind of unsettling. I now wasn’t sure how to get this situation moving in the direction I so wanted it to go.

“My wife left me,” he said suddenly, breaking the silence. I looked up at him in surprise, my hand tightening around my glass.

“Oh?”

He nodded his head, and looked up studying me for a minute before downing the rest of his drink. He took out his wallet and tossed a few bills down onto the table before standing up.

“Let’s get out of here.”

---

We ended up at his apartment which wasn’t very far from the bar we had just come from. He told me that his wife had left that morning to go stay with her mother.

I walked around his living room looking at various pictures of family get-togethers. There were a few places where I was sure pictures had been before, but were now gone.

I could feel Seth’s eyes on me as I walked around the room. He was leaning against the entryway to the living room. I glance back at him a few times, noting that his eyes were getting darker and darker, and I would turn back to my explorations with a smirk on my face.

I shivered in anticipation of what I was sure was finally going to happen. I could feel my confidence retuning.

I finally turned to Seth and made my way over to him, looking up at him as he looked steadily back at me. His arms were crossed over his chest and they remained that way as I moved closer, but he didn’t move back and I knew he was waiting for me to make the first move.

I moved forward until my body was brushing against his, snaking a hand around to his back to balance myself as I moved onto my toes, moving in quickly to claim those lips that had been taunting me for too long. They were finally mine.

I kissed him, pulling myself closer to him. I thought for a brief moment that Seth wasn’t going to respond, was going to push me away and say this was a mistake… but I didn’t sell my soul for nothing.

Seth quickly unfolded his arms and wrapped them around me, pulling me closer and kissing me hungrily. It was clear we both wanted this and while I wanted it to last a while, I also wanted to finally experience all that Seth Linwood had to offer immediately.

Desire made us clumsy as we tugged on each other’s clothing, but I managed to get his shirt off and he had managed to remove my blouse and skirt, leaving me in the matching lace underwear that left little to the imagination that I had worn in anticipation of this evening.

His hands cupped my bottom, pressing our lower halves together and I gasped at the contact. And then he was lifting and I wrapped my legs around him as he carried us to the bedroom. He tossed me onto the bed and I lifted myself up onto my elbows to watch as he removed his pants and boxer briefs before he leaned forward to pull my own underwear down my legs. I sat up and took off my bra, keeping my eyes on him, enjoying the look of pure lust on his face as he watched. I smirked.

“Oh, you are a dirty little slut, aren’t you?” he asked, the corners of his lips curving up as he licked his lips.

“Only for you,” I answered, with a devilish grin of my own.

“That’s what I like to hear.”

And then he was on me and it was rough and sweaty and everything I could have hoped it would be. Seth Linwood was mine.

My nails dug into his back as he drove himself into me, and his hands circled my throat, adding light pressure. My breathing became heavier, and my nails pressed into his back harder and I was sure I was drawing blood.

Then suddenly his hands were tighter and I was starting to feel panicked as it became harder to breathe. He moved faster, and I felt myself clenching around him as he shuddered. The edges of my vision were starting to darken just as I felt his hands loosen from around my neck.

“You are perfect,” I heard him mutter, his lips trailing down my neck and over my collar bone. My eyes fluttered shut, and I was asleep.