Blackout

Crossroads

[n] a point at which a crucial decision must be made that will have far-reaching consequences


The realization that I had probably—no definitely—killed Seth was a sobering realization. It only took a moment for nausea to set in, and either from all the alcohol I had drank or (most likely) because there was a dead body in front of me that I had put there, I turned away and threw up on the kitchen floor.

And then it really hit me that I had killed someone. Actually fucking killed someone. Sure, it was self defense, but murder wasn’t ever something I wanted to partake in for any reason.

Cold reality washed over me in a rush and I shivered, still kneeling next to Seth’s body. I was frozen in fear and shock, unable to think about what I should be doing. Instead, I watched as blood continued to move outwards and away from Seth’s body.

“Well, I didn’t think you had it in you.”

I didn’t even bat an eye when Pete appeared, standing over me and looking down at what I had done.

“This is your fault,” I whispered. Pete only laughed and tears blurred my vision. This whole situation was fucked.

“I may have egged you on a bit, but you made the choice,” he said. I snapped my head back to look up at him.

“What did you say?”

“You didn’t figure it out?” he asked, smirking. “That was my voice you heard in your head. I thought you needed a little motivation.”

I stood up quickly and Pete took a step back.

“Undo this!” I yelled. “This isn’t what I wanted!”

“But isn’t it?” Pete asked, smirk dropping. His eyes darkened. “Didn’t you want out? You knew I couldn’t help you without making a new deal. What other choice did you have? If you had just simply left him, he would have hunted you down.”

“I didn’t want him to want me this way,” I pleaded. “If you had just gotten the deal right—”

“I got the deal right,” Pete snapped, interrupting me. “You humans are never happy. If you wanted things to be perfect, you should have thought a little more carefully about your word choices.”

I buried my face in my hands, not wanting to argue about this over a dead body—especially a dead body that was there because of me. I drew my hands away from my face quickly, realizing there was blood on them.

I stared at them and they trembled. A sob tore at my throat and I met Pete’s gaze as he watched me.

“Please,” I begged. “Please fix this. I’ll do anything.”

He studied me in silence as tears slid down my face. I tried not to look at my hands or the floor at the mess I had made.

“It’s going to cost you,” Pete said finally. “Are you sure you want this? Because you may end up regretting giving me anything to bring him back.”

“I’m sure,” I said, not caring about the consequences. I didn’t want to be a killer. I didn’t want to go on in life knowing I had killed Seth and having to decide to run or sit in prison. I knew either way I would break, and there would be no coming back from that.

“If you’re sure,” Pete said, his hand shot out and grabbed a hold of my wrist pulling me to him. His lips met mine, sealing my second deal with a demon not knowing what I was giving up. I squeezed my eyes shut, shuddering as I knew there was no going back. I had made my choice.

Pete pulled away from me and I opened my eyes, staring into his which were gleaming red now. I heard a gasp from the floor and knew that Seth was coming back to life. I didn’t want to be here.

“Get me out of here.”

In the blink of an eye we were in another apartment. I looked around, feeling slightly disoriented, unfamiliar with my surroundings. Pete was still holding my wrist as we stood close together.

“So what are the terms of the deal I just made?” I finally asked, breaking the silence. I met Pete’s eyes again—they were black now.

“We’ll talk about it later,” he said quietly.

He was gone. And I was alone in an unfamiliar place, not knowing what would happen next in this mess I called my life.
♠ ♠ ♠


---

Sorry for the wait! I was busy, and then I went to Florida, and then I was busy again. Thanks for reading, reccing, commenting, and subscribing!

~Sally