When I Looked at Her, I Thought of Only You.

Chapter Twenty

Vic's POV**

I hated hurting Kellin, really I did.
But I had too, this goes a lot deeper than just Kellin and myself now.
The look on his angelic face when I told him to stay away from me haunts me, I'm never going to be able to make this right.

Even if I could figure out a way to tell him why I had to cut him out of my life, he probably wouldn't even believe me anyway. I didn't even believe it myself at first and there was a part of me who was going to ignore it all and continue trying to win Kellin but there was also a part of me that wasn't willing to risk losing everything.

To protect everyone I care about I'll just have to continue being miserable for a few more years and once I've graduated, I can find Kellin and tell him everything.

You wouldn't believe the things some people will do for "love."

I can honestly say, I hate Taylor Jardine.

*a few days earlier*..

"Vic, wait! I need to talk to you." Tay's sweet voice called me from behind, I stopped and waited for her to catch up.
"Hey, Tay. What's up?" I asked, being nice to Tay came so easily, I didn't want to not have her in my life, she was a big part of it not so long ago.

"I'm just going to cut to the chase here Vic, I know you and Kellin have something going on and don't even try to deny it." I was stunned to silence, how did she even know?

"Well, your silence speaks for you, anyway. You will stay away from him and get back together with me." She spoke it as if it where an order.

"Tay, I'm not getting back with you." I said matter-of-factly.

"Oh, my sweet, stupid Vic. You will get back together with me. I know shit that could ruin not just you but everyone you love." She had so much menace in her tone.

"Like what?" I said, calling her bluff.

"Well, you and your brothers gay, that would ruin your rep for sure. I also know that your precious little Kellin tried to kill himself, he'd be devastated if that ever got out, I would also make sure that he got his faggot ass beat up every.single.day until graduation, and to top it all off, I would go and tell everyone your father forced himself on me, and there was nothing I could do about it. As an innocent, helpless girl, I couldn't fight back." She had all this planned out, that much was clear.

"No-one would believe anything you said Taylor." I spat at her, anger boiling up inside me.

"Oh, you're so stupid. Of course they would Vic, especially the part about your dad. Do you really want to risk all of that, for some loser? When you could have me and things would be perfect again." She had venom in her voice, she was actually serious about all of this.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, trying not to show how angry I was with her.

"Because I love you. And ever since that fag showed up, you've barely looked in my direction. I would do anything for you Viccy." She had her "high pitch bitch" tone to her voice now.

"You cheated on me! I did love you but you fucked that up!" I was beyond angry now.

"I'm sorry about that, I didn't mean too. Once you left me, I realised how much I needed to be with you. I love you Vic, and if you care about your precious family you'd agree to start dating me again. Or I will make you fucking pay for breaking my heart." Taylor was angry now too, she had her arms folded across her chest and she was tapping her foot.

I couldn't take that risk, she would ruin everyone's life. I had to do this, I couldn't see another way out of it. I had to start dating Taylor again even though all I wanted was Kellin, I sighed,
"Fine. I'll do it, only for my family and Kellin's sake though. Not for yours and just so you know, I. Don't. Love. You."

"Aw, you will Viccy, you will. It'll just take some time, bye baby." She cupped her hands around my face and I flinched away from her touch, she gave me a warning glare before pressing her lips to mine and in that moment all I could think about was Kellin.

Before she left she whispered harshly in my ear, "you better fucking act like a proper couple with me or I'll go ahead and ruin everything you love. And if you tell anyone, you're dead." She kissed my hair beside my ear and then walked away, looking like she'd just won the lottery.

I shuddered, what the fuck am I getting myself into.

~~

I wanted to scream and hit something, the girls obviously a fucking lunatic, but if I back out now everything will get out of hand and I couldn't see Kellin get hurt because of me.

I eventually folded onto my bed and started crying, I don't cry about anything, I never have. I've never had a reason to cry, until now.

Mike obviously heard me because not a moment later he was rushing into my room with Tony, both of them wearing matching worried expressions.

"Hey, shh, shh, its gonna be okay, whatever it is. Vic, what's wrong?" Mike tried to sooth me and that only made everything worse.

After a couple of minutes my crying had stopped and I wiped away the remaining tears that clung to my now puffy and red cheeks.

"You okay, Vic? What's wrong?" Mike's tone was soft and calm.
"I-i can't tell you." I said once I'd found the courage to speak.

"Vic, we're brothers. You can tell me anything." He sounded hurt, but I couldn't just blurt it out, could I?

"I, I'm back with Taylor..", I paused, looking at Mike and Tony's confused expressions. "Not by choice though, she's like blackmailing me or someshit. She's going to ruin everyone's lives if I don't go along with her and I'm scared Mikey." I was honestly terrified, I'd never been in a situation like this.

"Woah, slow it down a bit. How is she blackmailing you Vic?" He asked, wide eyed.

"She said she would tell everyone about Kellin and I, you and Tony, she would make sure Kellin got beat up every single day for the next two years and.." I didn't want to say it, I had seen the way Mike and Tony looked at each other when I mentioned their names, this would just infuriate Mike more..

"And? And what Vic?" He was on the verge of tears now, I could hear it in his voice.

"And, she said she would tell everyone that dad forced himself on her.. That she was this innocent, helpless little girl and she couldn't fight him off.. I can't let that happen Mikey." Tony's hand was now in Mike's and Mike had his eyes closed not caring about the tear that was running down his cheek.

"You can't tell a soul about this or she'll do it anyway, I shouldn't of even told yous." My voice was panicked now.

"Hey, its okay Vic. We won't tell anyone until we've figured a way out of this. She won't get away with it. I promise you that.. What are you gonna do about Kellin though?"

"I'm not even allowed to speak to him, except to tell him to stay away from me." I sighed out of sadness, I can't do this.

~~

I've played my part well with Taylor. I act like her boyfriend when we're together which thankfully is only in school and sometimes for a few hours outside it. Its really hard avoiding Kellin though, Taylor told me I've to do whatever it takes to not bump into him or see him, its all part of her plan to get me to love her again. Its never going to work.

I done well the first two days after Taylors blackmail, I made it two whole days without bumping into Kellin and I still managed to act the part in front of my friends for Taylor. Mike and Tony keep a safe distance apart in school and I begged them both to act like nothing has happened, I can't risk Taylor finding out I've told them.

I was leaning against the wall of one of the furthest away corridors when who else but Kellin caught my attention.

He looked genuinely hurt and confused by my actions and words today in class, he started to cause a scene in the middle of the corridor and I had to say something to get him to stop, I didn't want to hurt him but I had too.

His shiny bluey, greeny grey eyes that could light up the darkest places started to dull and his expression changed from anger to heartbroken within minutes. I hated myself for doing this but I hated Taylor more.
As if she was watching me from somewhere she came out of nowhere and grabbed my hand, calling me "baby and her boyfriend" just to hurt Kellin even more.

My chest felt tight and I felt as if all the air had been taken out of my lungs as I watched him walk away. My head was screaming "come back Kellin, please. I'm in love with you." But my mouth said nothing, too scared of the consequences.

Taylor gave me a disapproving look,
"I was telling him to stay away from me and my friends." I sighed, I hated telling her because now she's going to think that she's won. Well, she already has I guess.

She kissed me a lot more passionately than usual and dragged me towards a supply cupboard, with only one thing on her mind.

**back to present**..

I had asked Mike to go over and try and explain to Kellin that I didn't mean to hurt him, it would be a whole lot better if I could actually talk to him myself, but I can't. I told Mike not to tell Kellin anything that would risk everything I'm trying to protect, if anything happend to any of the people I cared about, it would kill me.

I was pacing back and forth in my room, trying to think of how I'm going to get out of this mess. I couldn't blackmail Taylor back, I didn't have anything to blackmail her with. I only had one way of getting out of it but even then, I wasn't brave enough to go through with it, you'd need a whole lot of courage to actually want to kill yourself.
I was beginning to lose hope of ever finding a solution when Mike rushed through my door,
"I've got an idea. You won't like it, but you're just going to have to trust me okay?"
I listened to every word he had to say, he was right. I didn't like it, but it was the only logical way out of this and I had to do it.

~~

Mike's POV**

I could hear the pain in Kellin's voice as he sang, it was obviously about Vic. He had such an amazing voice though, he sounded like a siren -he could probably lure men to their death with a voice like that, if he wanted- he was so talented and I bet he has no idea.

After the initial shock of talking to Kellin, I had to tell him what I could to keep him from leaving Vic. Vic does like Kellin a lot and it's killing me that some pysco bitch is fucking all this up.

I seen the utter betrayal written clearly over Kellin's face as he jumped to the conclusion that it was all about Vic's rep, it wasn't a lie though well not completely. Things just got a lot more complex than that.

I didn't want to leave Kellin but he had made it perfectly clear that he didn't want us there and I had to respect his wishes, I just wish I could tell him.

Once we left Kellin's, Tony and I walked around for a little while just trying to figure out what we could do, we had to find some way of making sure that if Taylor ever went to the authorities that my dads name would be clear and no-one would believe such a lie. But how?

Then it hit me, harder than a tone of bricks.

I've got the perfect plan to make all of this go away, and to make Taylor pay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun, Dun, Dunnnn. Bet you didn't see that coming eh? I know I've already posted two chapters tonight but I probably won't be able to write again for a few days and it's just so exciting I couldn't wait to post it. As promised its a lot longer than my other chapters and I really, really hope this clears some more things up! I know that story plot is absolutely mental but that makes it all the more fun to write! Also I ACTUALLY LOVE TAY, IT WAS JUST THE WAY THE STORY PLANNED OUT OKAY, SHES FAB.

I would appreciate it if you would give me your feedback and what you think and stuff, that would be pretty sweet. Anyways enjoy!