Status: You can buy the full book on Amazon Kindle

The Diary of a Natural Girl in a Supernatural World

Dinner and a Show

Wednesday August 22, 2012

11:42 am

Why is that Mystical Cultures the most boring class ever? I mean you would think that something like that would be more fascinating, that it would at least be interesting to know more about other races but nooooo… It’s boring as all get out.

Blah blah blah… vampires are bad. Blah blah blah… Demons are worse… a whole bunch of hoopla about the past, more boring stuff about rogues and murderers. Whatever. I know what’s good and bad. I’ve been learning all of this nonsense since I was like 6.

Why are humans so racist? I mean I could really care less what race you are as long as you don’t kill me or try to take over the world… I guess to be fair that is kind of why we’re racist.

Let’s just say that there have been instances where supernatural, like vampires have tried to kill a lot of humans, Hitler being an example. He started with Jews because he obviously didn’t like them and would have made his way around until he killed or enslaved as many humans as possible.

And we were like “hell no!” And kicked his ass because we’re awesome like that.

I hate that this is a B day… a human day because human days are usually extremely dull. At least with my supernatural classes tomorrow I get to learn things like defense and dragon art or Elfish.... Ok, so maybe that’s dull to.

1:45pm

Kara is not pleased but I can’t help it if her boyfriend pisses me off. I mean it is his fault that Niklas is being a creeper. This wouldn’t have happened if he hadn’t decided to move our friend group for lunch.

She’s a little butt hurt that I am being snarky to her BF. But really, I’m just trying to get him to go away so I won’t have to deal with his nonsense anymore.

Hopefully Kara won’t go with him.

I guess I should tell you what happened…

“Liam you’re a turd. Why do we eat out here?” I gave him a pointed look.

“Because… Don’t you want some variation in your life?” He asked me as he hugged Kara closer to him.

“No.” I replied bluntly. He loves it.

“I like the change. The only thing I don’t like is him.” Kara gestured to Niklas who was watching us from across the quad.

“See! You attracted a creeper!” I gestured to Niklas wildly which only make Liam laugh.

“I think you did that all on your own.” He winked at me.

“Oh no. You cannot blame this on me. We moved out here and he started acting like a freaking creeper. I blame you. Everything is your fault.” I said dramatically.

“Dia!” Kara cried. “I know you well enough to know that you’re being somewhat serious.” Kara narrowed her eyes at me. “And that’s not a very nice thing to say to my boyfriend.”

“Well he’s not very nice!” I huffed.

“Maybe we should talk about something else…” Liam offered.

“Like what? Your lack of intelligence?” I stuck my tongue out at Liam and Kara rolled her eyes.

“Where’s Jade?” Kara asked.

I paused in my almost Liam rant and looked at her slowly. “I have no idea.” I answered honestly.

“That’s not like her. Not to show up to school the first week…” Kara commented.

“Maybe we should call her.” I suggested.

“That might be a good idea.” Liam offered.

And that was that. A lovely lunch of snarky comments to Liam and wondering where the other member of our friend group disappeared off to.

I hope she shows up. I kind of need another single person to side with me.

7:01 pm

Dinner, dinner was a disaster. First of all dad decided to show up tonight for dinner and not only did he show up... he showed up with guests.

Now, if you have gathered any information at all about my mom, I think you would be able to guess that she freaked out.

So we ordered take out.

Score.

Apparently the people that my father invited over were a big deal so my mother, being the mother that she is nearly had a heart attack because the house was "a mess." you know that thing that mothers do when there is a throw pillow or a blanket out of place? Yeah, my mom did that... it was a mess because I left a cup on the counter.

Always my fault because I’m the kid and the kid is the default person blamed in every situation ever.

Not only that but her hair was a mess and she was not dressed properly. Just brush your stupid hair mom. And honestly who cares about you dumb designer shirt?

I guess she was born in the middle ages because I don't think there was anything wrong with her attire. She was wearing a skirt... That’s dressy enough, right?

I on the other hand…

Let's not talk about that, on to the guests.

If you haven't guessed by now, a certain somebody showed up... Liam's brother. And not just Liam's brother but some chick... I never caught her name but I am guessing she is important.

After my mother was done freaking out I sat there bored out of my mind, listening to the "adults" drone on... formalities... when it hit me.

"You're here to make a deal aren't you?" Liam's brother, whose name is Seth by the way, did not at all seem shocked by my forwardness but, you guessed it, my mother did.

"Natasha!" My mother's outrage was quite apparent and it took a lot for me not to roll my eyes at her.

"Yes, yes I am." Seth was not shy about it. A quality, I'll admit, I liked about him.

"If this has anything to do with me, count me out. No deal. You can just forget it right now." I wanted to say but I didn't. I hoped that my father hadn't spilled the beans about my... talents to Seth or anyone for that matter.

"Big shocker." I said instead.

"Dia! Go to your room." If looks could kill I'm sure I would be dead twice and my father about 12 times. I think my mom needs meds…

And that is what leads us here... In my room, slightly bored and probably grounded for life.

Lucky me.